The self identity thread.

Rachel Dolezal hit with felony theft charge in welfare fraud case

Remember the woman (I am assuming her gender) who pretended she was black....

Rachel Dolezal, the former NAACP chapter leader who resigned after her parents revealed she's not African-American, is facing a felony theft charge in Washington state after she allegedly made false statements to secure nearly $9,000 in food and childcare assistance.

The charges against Dolezal, who changed her name to Nkechi Diallo in October 2016, were first reported by KHQ-TV.

According to court documents, investigators with Washington state's Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) started looking into Dolezal's finances in March 2017 after the publication of her autobiography, "In Full Color: Finding My Place in a Black and White World."

Rachel Dolezal hit with felony theft charge in welfare fraud case

Remember the woman (I am assuming her gender) who pretended she was black....

Rachel Dolezal, the former NAACP chapter leader who resigned after her parents revealed she's not African-American, is facing a felony theft charge in Washington state after she allegedly made false statements to secure nearly $9,000 in food and childcare assistance.

The charges against Dolezal, who changed her name to Nkechi Diallo in October 2016, were first reported by KHQ-TV.

According to court documents, investigators with Washington state's Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) started looking into Dolezal's finances in March 2017 after the publication of her autobiography, "In Full Color: Finding My Place in a Black and White World."

Say what???!!!

"People didn't seem able to consider that maybe both were true," she said at the time. "OK, I was born to white parents, but maybe I had an authentic black identity."

are we just making shit up now?

"People didn't seem able to consider that maybe both were true," she said at the time. "OK, I was born to white parents, but maybe I had an authentic black identity."

are we just making shit up now?

IMO, that's what all that shit is. "I identify as this". Well, nature identifies you as something else, so STFU. I think it's ludicrous that this conversation is even had. You are what you are.

We have been making shit up for over a decade now...
...its part of an irreversible momentum that has been building since Ross Perot helped the Clintons get into the White House

Looks like she had a book selling after she was outed.
I imagine she was paid for some media appearances as well.

Yup. A book in which she claims chores = indentured servitude.

"During that same time, it's said she deposited $80,000 from the sale of her memoir,'In Full Color,' while claiming she was surviving on 'a few hundred' dollars a month that was being donated by friends. In Dolezal's memoir, she likened being forced to do household chores as a child to indentured servitude and noted that she developed a 'similar resourcefulness' to what slaves were forced to develop in order for her to complete her chores."

We have been electing stupid people to office for generations (I wish I could remember the name of that idiot in Congress that was worried Guam was going to capsize) - paying 100 bucks a pop to watch drug addicts and wife beaters play sportsball - 15 bucks a pop to watch drug addicts and child molesters pretend to be gangsters superheroes and 'former black ops' characters in B-movies

As Americans, we love and worship our stupid people.
Its who we are.

I dont think we can put all of the blame on the media - if it didnt get good ratings, they wouldn't push it. They push it because we love it. Its why liberals follow Rush Limbaugh - its why conservatives hang on every word that drips out of Maxine Waters' pie hole.
Its the same reason that so many people follow Presidents Trumps twitter account.
We love a good train wreck !!!

The media certainly helps provide the spark - but "we the people" are the ones that keep the fire going.

Exactly. It's not just the media.The media is driven by ratings, and we allow it by giving them those ratings because we love the product they provide. High quality drama.

Back