The self identity thread.

Good post Freefalling! :sneaky:

the-act-which-you-have-just-committed-manifests-itself-before-1053035.png

Personally, I think Bruce/Caitlyn's whole transformation is based on some skewed but crucial yearning for publicity/respect/sympathy/fame all the above and maybe less about sexuality than she would like people to think. And in that respect I find it hypocritical, self-serving, ego-centric and in many ways false. It has enabled her to reclaim past glory and feed her obvious warped addiction to parade all aspects of her family's private life before everybody else on the planet. A celebrity crisis on rocket fuel aimed at self-aggrandizement.

I do not categorize other people with sexual confusion in the same category as Jenner. To me, "she" remains an incredibly selfish 67-year-old man with a penis.

Last edited:
No, your example is understandable and one with which I agree. The article I saw however broad-brushed with every instance. A good friend of mine went from Sherri to Sammi (to be fair she isn't transgender) and it took me a bit to make the change. Bruce Jenner may be Caitlyn but if we call her "Bruce" on occasion, because for 50-something years she was Bruce, we shouldn't take a beating over an honest mistake. That's the problem I have with the concept because some people are looking for reasons to be butthurt over every little slip. I have a high-pitched, nasally voice and was called "ma'am quite a bit over the phone. So what? Yet I know people who lose their shit when it happens. The person on the other end hears a high-pitched voice and they make the assumption. I don't care and it hasn't happened in years. If it happened tomorrow? So what?

Part of this rant is within the context of transgender people but to me it is symptomatic of a larger problem in our society today. Practically everyone is supposed to be personally offended over everything, no matter how small. We are creating a society of victims.

I think what you're talking about is also counterproductive from the perspective of social justice. Instead of working towards a more just society it creates a set of 'elite manners' where as long as you make the right sounds, observe the right forms, you're not racist/sexist/prejudiced/etc. When of course, in reality being a polite bigot is much more damaging than a rude/insensitive ally.

To me, "she" remains an incredibly selfish 67-year-old man with a penis.

A painfully easy solution to that pesky remainder?
Florida man sits on gun, shoots self in penis, police say

"A Jacksonville man accidentally shot himself in the penis early Friday morning when he sat on a gun in the driver's seat of his car, police said.
Cedrick Jelks, 38, was taken to Memorial Hospital by 25-year-old Shanekia Roberts, who told police that Jelks was sitting in his Nissan Altima by himself and came into their home on Freedom Crossing Trail in a panic and ran straight to the bathroom."

About Manning, and the entire transgender reassignment surgery-

What I'm not liking is the military picking up an elective operation paid for out of budget and backlog, that could have gone to reconstructive surgeries, burns, an IED surviving warriors.

Rhetorically, and I'm sure someone has said it,
Don't know how this isn't Fraud waste and abuse if it is on the taxpayers dime.

I thought this might fit here, if not I'll move it.

Transgender allowed to compete using testosterone treatments (AKA PEDs) wins State wrestling championships. I think it's going to be interesting when boys, in the biological sense, realize they can compete and win at high levels as a "girl". Or girls use "transgender" to use PEDs.

Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs of Euless Trinity wins Texas state girls wrestling title

Mack Beggs, wins his 2nd state title competing against females.

Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs is booed after second straight state title win

From the article:
"Beggs began his transition from female to male. To help with the process,Beggs underwent low-level shots of testosterone. According to the UIL, since the testosterone comes from a physician, it is not considered a banned substance."

With the push for "equality' and given that people can opt in to any gender they want, why do we still have boys and girls teams? Have one team--or two teams if the sport is popular enough for varsity and JV--and let the best people compete.

Back