The self identity thread.

Last night my daughter went on a rant about overpopulation, climate change, and whatever else. When she paused long enough to breathe I asked her how many people did we need to kill in Asia, India, and Africa, given they are the major causes of both topics.

(Gasps, stutters) Dad! I didn't say we needed Thanos!

"Love, unless we address those three locales, neither one of your arguments holds water, however polluted it may be."

"Racist Dad" continues his evil ways, I guess.

Last night my daughter went on a rant about overpopulation, climate change, and whatever else. When she paused long enough to breathe I asked her how many people did we need to kill in Asia, India, and Africa, given they are the major causes of both topics.

(Gasps, stutters) Dad! I didn't say we needed Thanos!

"Love, unless we address those three locales, neither one of your arguments holds water, however polluted it may be."

"Racist Dad" continues his evil ways, I guess.

Ahhh...the naivety of youth (and/or bleeding heart Liberal adults). Everything can be fixed if only we'd recycle, eat vegetables, cover the landscape with solar panels and euthanize Republicans.

Thanos was right - just for the wrong reasons
...but if memory serves - according to the comic books, he basically did that shit because he was trying to get laid.

So... his activism wasn't really motivated by a need to "do" good - just a need to "look" good..
...so - yeah, he's probably a liberal democrat

Just my opinion - I can't cite any peer reviewed research that supports that opinion.

Thanos was right - just for the wrong reasons
...but if memory serves - according to the comic books, he basically did that shit because he was trying to get laid.
I sat on a reply for a few days, mostly because the site was down, but can we appreciate the above for a moment? Box either read the comics and retained that info OR he did some background research on a fucking comic book just to reply to my little vignette.

I sat on a reply for a few days, mostly because the site was down, but can we appreciate the above for a moment? Box either read the comics and retained that info OR he did some background research on a fucking comic book just to reply to my little vignette.

It's the comics...
...but in the interest of fair trade, I am definitely willing to deep dive any topic on a moments notice just to provide a sarcastic comment to a witty internet post.
...or an unwitty internet post
...any internet post for that matter

...Box may have them all in his secret underground lair. (That's Zatanna, his librarian.)
Zatanna?
Seriously?
That's not even the same universe!
Bro - Zatanna is a DC character - Thanos is an MCU character.
You guys aren't even trying any more.

To take my reply even deeper into my damaged psyche...
...but can we appreciate the above for a moment?

I'm just happy that anything I do is "appreciated"

Last edited:
I think we have 3 or 4 threads where this could go.

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employees will no longer have a job at UF

The University of Florida announced Friday that it is eliminating all Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee positions.

This change, announced through an emailed administrative memo, comes after the Florida Board of Governors labeled expenditures related to DEI programs as prohibited expenditures.

The memo explains that "to comply with the Florida Board of Governor’s regulation 9.016 on prohibited expenditures, the University of Florida has closed the Office of the Chief Diversity Officer, eliminated DEI positions and administrative appointments, and halted DEI-focused contracts with outside vendors."

How many fucking trans Space Force officers are there? A LtCol is holding a press conference to lecture people about trans rights or some such shit? I thought they were there to worry about space?

Once again, we are not serious about being American. We are a clown show and not even the high-end artsy Cirque de Soleil kind. Hell, in our circus we paint horses to look like zebras and dress up cows so we can tell the audience they are miniature elephants.

Where to put this? 🤔

I'm posting in this thread because it really aligns with the craziness here:
That was quick. Maybe the internet is good for something after all…

An iconic WWII photo showing a nonconsensual kiss was almost banned from display. It didn't last long

Secretary Denis McDonough acted hours after a copy of a memo from a VA assistant undersecretary requesting the photo’s removal from all VA health facilities was shared on social media. The memo had said the photo “depicts a non-consensual act” and is inconsistent with the department’s sexual harassment policy.

McDonough on Tuesday tweeted out a copy of the image, which appeared in Life magazine, adding, “Let me be clear: This image is not banned from VA facilities — and we will keep it in VA facilities.”

I don’t have time right now, but I am 100% going to take it just so I can post the ridiculous questions.
"Let’s sum up what you heard in the stories."
Privilege gives us access to the outdoors...
...and yes, The North Face makes it explicitly clear what they mean by that:
"In this particular context, we refer to ‘white privilege’ meaning that your race and skin color"
...are what give people access to the outdoors.

I could go on - thanks to "annual training requirements" where I work, I have become quite talented at taking hour-long on-line classes in just under 20 minutes - but I reaaaallllly don't think that I should spring more on you until you verify that you are sitting down with some antacids on standby.

Back