The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were plenty of kids getting two free meals when I was a kid in elementary school whose parents happened to be much richer than mine.

There is always a scam. When I was in junior and high school, the kids who got 'free meal' tickets sold those tickets at a discount. We'd get an extra 'jumbo dog' and fries, they'd get cigarette or snuff money. :wall:

We briefly talked about it earlier- but some projections out there are putting President Trump's first year travel budget to best President Onama's. Not anything new-

...except President Trump's 1st year is set to best President Obama's total for 8 years. Trump on Pace to Surpass 8 Years of Obama’s Travel Spending in 1 Year

And I know, I know- Eisenhower and Grover Cleveland were regular scoundrels of the course! However, President Trump has logged 21 days at Mar a Lago out of his 1st 100.

Let's hope these are all working trips.

We briefly talked about it earlier- but some projections out there are putting President Trump's first year travel budget to best President Onama's. Not anything new-

...except President Trump's 1st year is set to best President Obama's total for 8 years. Trump on Pace to Surpass 8 Years of Obama’s Travel Spending in 1 Year

And I know, I know- Eisenhower and Grover Cleveland were regular scoundrels of the course! However, President Trump has logged 21 days at Mar a Lago out of his 1st 100.

Let's hope these are all working trips.

I think he's still around 20 days from 100 - so that's in the first 80 or so. Also, I read his travel budget is right around President Obama's annual average - again in less than 100 days.

I'm not sure how much impact the travel budget really has - other than optics and hypocrisy (all the complaining about President Obama playing golf, promising to 'work' instead as President, and all the supposed fiscal ship-tightening) when you factor it in to the real work of government. I do think the protection strains on the secret service are going to become a huge deal - but that has more to do with the habits and involvement of his immediate family. If I were strategizing for the secret service I'd be looking at how other kleptocracies manage royal family security. The Presidential family is making a lot of money off the Presidency - and they weren't hurting for money before - it seems reasonable their personal fortunes gained through those means could be used to offset some of the security costs.

So on top of Iraq and Afghanistan and all of the other, smaller things we have going on in the world, we formally started a war with Syria which might make us run afoul of the Russians, and we're also escalating things in North Korea, which might put us in conflict with the Chinese? O_o Are we going to fight the whole world now?

Well, if we do, let's get it on and get it won because I'm scheduled to retire in a year and a half and I don't want to get stoplossed. Again.

Well, if we do, let's get it on and get it won.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Our military is the best in the world if you go up to the O-5 level. Once you hit O-6 and above our peers are in Latin America and Africa. We've forgotten how to win. Any nation that doesn't bloody our nose conventionally and then fall back on asymmetrical warfare wants to lose because we can no more defeat that method than the Jags can win the Super Bowl.

Oh Sean, Sean...Sean...Sean...don't you know that NO good can ever come from comparing ANYTHING to Hitler?

Sean Spicer - note to self, never compare anything to Hitler

WASHINGTON — Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, set off an intense backlash on Tuesday when he suggested that President Bashar al-Assad of Syria was worse than Hitler and said incorrectly that Hitler had not used chemical weapons during World War II or against his own people.

Mr. Spicer was attempting to lend gravity to the actions of Mr. Assad, who United States officials believe used sarin gas, a lethal chemical weapon, in an attack on a rebel-held area of Idlib Province last week that killed dozens.

Hitler oversaw a network of extermination camps where gas chambers were used to kill millions of Jews and others deemed to be harmful to the German state.

“We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II. You know, you had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons,” Mr. Spicer said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back