The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea for their specific business, and unless someone runs a conglomerate or business that deals in multiple different sectors, they are only qualified to speak on their sector. Being an expert in one thing does not make you an expert in other things. Economics professors may not make great business owners and CPAs usually can't quote international trade theories despite being affected by them. They are interrelated functions of one another, but follow completely different rules. Saying that a CPA is qualified to teach an upper level college economics course is fallacious. Sorry for getting the thread off topic.

If you folks stopped having such a negative emotional response to Trump's election, folks like me would stop trolling you.

However, you insist on scraping through 'academic' and 'news' sources to find something negative.

Eta- I originally stated supporting Trump due to lack of options.

At this juncture, I have decided I will be trolling Trump haters for a minimum of 4 years.
Where are the emotional responses? From what I've seen it's been four or five posters laying out cogent, well thought-out arguments on myriad topics related to the PE and his incoming administration, both his strengths and his faults. Meanwhile, you've seemingly spun yourself into this strange information cocoon where the news is wrong, our intelligence agencies are wrong, academia is wrong, as is every other entity who doesn't agree with your world view. It's almost as if you've ensconced yourself in a small "chamber" wherein your constant shouting at the walls cotinually "echo" back at you. I feel like there's a name for this phenomenon, but it escapes me at the moment.

Look, I get that clickbait articles, like articles that grab some random doctor of no renown for an opinion on a medical policy issue, kinda suck. However, the above article was an opinion piece and not a news item. In that context, it is completely fine.

As for "trolling," I will just say this: on this board we argue on good faith on a variety of important topics. "Trolling" implies that you are misrepresenting your position in order to rile up an internet stranger. We don't do trolling here. Argue in good faith. If someone makes a convincing argument, they deserve kudos. Likewise, if an argument sucks, lay out why it sucks.

Where are the emotional responses?
Here's one.
Again, looking into bullshit. Again, not having any understanding of vaccines or the science behind them. This guy is a fucking piece of work. Think about how many people may now think vaccines are unsafe because of him. How many children may go unvaccinated because of stupid parents thinking "the President is concerned".

As for the rest of your post, TLDR.

I didn't say they couldn't be trusted. I said one pediatrician speculated to the negative and a news outlet wrote it up as a fact that had already occurred.

You've degenerated to the same level as your news outlets by completely misconstruing words to fit your narrative.
Yeah yea man. Good inputs.

***TRIGGER WARNING***

I know how people feel about a guy with a red tag saying something like this, so I just want to give people the chance to miss the post. This isn't me acting as an Admin, it's me as a guy, talking directly to another guy.

Troll whoever you want. I lost a lot of respect for you when you started taking the tack of "I'm not gonna source anything, I am just trolling you guys with my unsubstantiated personal opinions". I believe everything you say now is to get attention and to make other people mad, and I don't value your input. Go troll your facebook page.

***TRIGGER WARNING OVER****

Yeah yea man. Good inputs.

***TRIGGER WARNING***

I know how people feel about a guy with a red tag saying something like this, so I just want to give people the chance to miss the post. This isn't me acting as an Admin, it's me as a guy, talking directly to another guy.

Troll whoever you want. I lost a lot of respect for you when you started taking the tack of "I'm not gonna source anything, I am just trolling you guys with my unsubstantiated personal opinions". I believe everything you say now is to get attention and to make other people mad, and I don't value your input. Go troll your facebook page.

***TRIGGER WARNING OVER****
Believe what you want, I don't feel an obligation to substantiate a retort against a private intelligence firm or a pediatrician in Texas.

I've lost similar respect for folks touting aforementioned reports as powerful anti-Trump evidence.

Lastly, the jokes on you- I don't have a Facebook page.

Believe what you want, I don't feel an obligation to substantiate a retort against a private intelligence firm or a pediatrician in Texas.

I've lost similar respect for folks touting aforementioned reports as powerful anti-Trump evidence.

Lastly, the jokes on you- I don't have a Facebook page.
Fair enough.

This vaccine "investigation" could be a stroke of genius too.
Take an anti-vaccine guy, feed him data (pro and con) and let him come to the conclusion that vaccines are safe.

BTW- This anti-vaccine shit is more junk science from the UK.

What do you mean by "more" out of interest? I would argue the US is the world leader in junk science.

This vaccine "investigation" could be a stroke of genius too.
Take an anti-vaccine guy, feed him data (pro and con) and let him come to the conclusion that vaccines are safe.

BTW- This anti-vaccine shit is more junk science from the UK.

??? Why appoint an anti-vaccine guy in the first place? That shows a profound lack of judgement.

Here's one.

As for the rest of your post, TLDR.

I am emotional about public health concerns. Most people should be. Vaccination is why our life expectancy is what it is. It is why 3:8 babies don't die before adulthood. But hey "fuck it" right? Let's not get emotional about kids getting preventable diseases because idiots don't understand the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, the butt hurt is strong. The Donold is going to make America great again, economic crashes, children back into sweat shops, $2 an hour jobs for everyone, the return of small pox/black plague. No more retards due to vaccines filled with egg shell, or whatever the stupid shit is today. Oh, and the intelligence, my God, the intelligence...

You guys are too cool to boo-boo over this silly shit, I mean really, there is so much misinformation out there, who knows what the truth of anything is anway? I sure as fuck don't.

The initial (now debunked) Climate Change study came out of the UK.

Then my reply to you is "so what?" So what if it came out of the UK. Climate Change is still contentious BTW so it's rich to say it's been debunked at this stage.

Where a dumb theory comes from is irrelevant. I could list off the top of my head at least five examples of junk science coming out of the US. Does that make all other science from the US irrelevant? I think we can quite comfortably say it doesn't.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the hearings (and actually watched all day) and had to re-wind to capture this foto:........which says, and along with the PEOTUS, stop wasting our time, stop spending our taxpayer money, stop crying like "Lumpers" (left leaning liberal looney-tune dis-barred lawyers} and let's get on with policing and governing this country.

You Libs had your chance, now it's our turn. I chuckle at you @amlove21 as you post a picture of Trump with the scythe and hammer. Do you really think Trump is going to ball lick Putin? This is one of those "wait and see" moments...but we can absolutely see your slant. Read the caption.... "NO WAY OF KNOWING HOW MUCH INFLUENCE RUSSIA HAD ON OUTCOME"....and this from DNI Clapper... ZERO evidence, although my NDA has expired...I know yours hasn't........THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN....and none of your nonsense makes sense. Catch up and admit that McCain is a Rhino and needs to go, and that much of what you've read for the last year are MSM lies.

Topic of the convo" The First 100 Days: Repeal ACA....The Dims think (seriously, and with snowflake lumper tears) that the Repub Right don't have a replacement plan ready? Are you really serious right now? This is more MSM misdirection! The GOP had a replacement plan ready 6 years ago....right about the time Pelosi passed the bill in the middle of the night and stated we had to read it to see what was in it....That new repeal/replace bill will take effect soon after inaugural. THE WALL: When tractor trailers filled with new vehicles start stacking up at the US/Mexican border because the US companies refuse to pay import taxes, the Mexican government will aquiesce. When Mexican workers are put out of a job because companies that "were" moving to Mexico but are no longer, they will BEG to pay for a wall to export their wares. Mexico is on fire these days, in case no one has noticed....gas prices rising because US slowed oil exports, threats of wall re-construction, slowing exports from Mexico. The Red wall was constructed, the blue wall fell.

Get on board or lead from behind, as we, American Patriots, were forced to do for the last eight years by an ULTRA left POTUS.

View attachment 17626

LUMPERS:View attachment 17627
That last meme is at least partial bullshit. POTUS and FLOTUS did not lose their licenses

eb6140942424697bf997986aac9b2d682cd18a18fe192e4f81ba32f17b629a24.jpg

What do you mean by "more" out of interest? I would argue the US is the world leader in junk science.
We're also the irrefutable world leader in quality science, you're welcome.

??? Why appoint an anti-vaccine guy in the first place? That shows a profound lack of judgement.
Is he appointed to do anything yet?

The answer is no. Trump also met with various climate change proponents only to name the EPAs greatest nemesis as his pick for head of the EPA.

Trump understands opposition research.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he appointed to do anything yet?

The answer is no. Trump also met with various climate change proponents only to name the EPAs greatest nemesis as his pick for head of the EPA.

Trump understands opposition research.

He is going to head the "Vaccine safety Commitee" so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back