The Worst "Best" Movies

And I thought the nerdiest discussion on the board today was about Arabic...
nerdfight-feature.png
:P

Gravity. Still not sure why that movie got any attention. It sucked.

The film had a pretty good cast and plot start that, but got way far from real pretty quickly. They killed off too many of the cast members, way too early. We then were left with one really great actress to try keeping the story believable. No one could have worked harder at it than Sandra Bullock. If George Clooney was with her, and there was some dialogue, it would have helped. The only other way to make it a better flick is if Christopher Waklen was the astronaut left to finish it off as a comedy.

The only Best Picture I've liked in recent years was Captain Phillips...Oh wait, it didn't win Best Picture, did it, because it got fucking robbed and by saying that I must be a racist...

Last edited:
The film had a pretty good cast and plot start that, but got way far from real pretty quickly. They killed off too many of the cast members, way too early. We then were left with one really great actress to try keeping the story believable. No one could have worked harder at it than Sandra Bullock. If George Clooney was with her, and there was some dialogue, it would have helped. The only other way to make it a better flick is if Christopher Waklen was the astronaut left to finish it off as a comedy.
Yeah, they didn't do much to develop the characters, so I didn't really care what happened to them. The rest was just slow and boring as hell. The movie felt WAY longer than it actually was... and the fire extinguisher bit ala Disney's Wall*E? C'mon, even the biggest fans must've saying to themselves, "Really?!"...terrible. Now, if they went with the Christopher Walken angle, I might pay to see that! :thumbsup:

Sticking to best picture winners who suck, I put "dances with Wolves" "ordinary people" and "Shakespeare in love" as the worst offenders seeing as they beat out "goodfellas" "raging bull" and "saving private Ryan" (respectively) for Best Picture. You can see why that was bullshit

Here are some that made me run out of the theater. In defense of my manhood, some of these were forced upon me by females.

Ishtar
The Sicilian
The English Patient (a fucking 2 hour perfume commercial of which I could stand only 45 min)
The Horse Whisperer :ack::ack:

FURY! (Saving Private Ryan in a tank.)

And The Lord said, "Lo, these movies sucketh balls."

I tried to see all of them at some point, never made it through any of them. As for Fury, it was just...weird. It was like a Tarantino movie meets Saving Private Ryan.

Speaking of worst best movies. Has anyone seen Range 15 yet? I'm tempted to make a very long drive just to watch it.

I've tried three times, but just can't get through 'Citizen Kane'. I just don't get it.

Back