Ukraine - Russia Conflict

This does raise kind of an interesting question.

If we're play a game of "what if...", what happens if Ukraine eventually pushes Russia back in full retreat to pre-Feb 24 lines...or even further? This would clearly spell defeat for Russia but would there be any war crime trials? Would all simply be forgotten?

Certainly Russia wouldn't punish their own for war crimes against Ukrainians, yet, at the same I imagine they'd look for some path back to relations with the rest of the modern world. Doing so would likely require accountability, i.e. like a Milosevic/Serbian level trial? But with Russia still remaining a sovereign without any opposition forces in country, how could this happen. Seems highly unlikely.

A proper air defense is concerned very little about localized gains. The layers involved in a proper air defense network mitigate the loss of what should be local assets.

Ukrainian advances should have little effect on Soviet air defense capabilities unless the Ukrainians are moving faster than reported or the Soviets are incapable of layers. The latter point goes against their doctrine and practice dating back to the 1960's.

Can't find any references to it on Reuters or BBC but I haven't looked too hard. If true, they're probably trying to corroborate it. I wouldn't have a problem if it is.

I would say it would be ironic if the GRU poisoned him but they can't even do that probably most of the time to unguarded targets.

The utter paper-tigerness of Russia during this conflict is exquisite. THESE are the dudes we were supposed to be all hand-wringy about?!

We need to keep worrying about pronouns, equity training, what color hair you're allowed to have, female pony tails, whatever else we are doing- cause it's working! Russia's lack of diversity is making them less lethal! The Rabbit was wrong all along!

Russia's GDP is less than Cali, Texas and NY, and juuuuuuust a bit more than Florida. Good luck replacing those tanks, dorks.
Could you stop being weird for a sec? It's off putting.

If you wanna huff and puff though, corruption has done much to gut the Russian Military.

Corruption we're not immune from either.

Can't find any references to it on Reuters or BBC but I haven't looked too hard. If true, they're probably trying to corroborate it. I wouldn't have a problem if it is.

I would say it would be ironic if the GRU poisoned him but they can't even do that probably most of the time to unguarded targets.

Given that the article can't even get basic facts right, I'm not taking it with a grain of salt, but the whole damn rock.

The attempt to manage the media aside, Putin’s daughter was recently taken out by a car bomb. That would suggest that Putin and his family are being targeted, the only difference being the level of security that Putin himself enjoys.

Back