United States & Gun Control discussion.

Ummm....I try to take this stuff in stride, but this seems like as much of an”Holy Shit” moment as any...

Deerfield Village Board unanimously votes to ban some semi-automatic weapons

The new ordinance goes into effect on June 13. Residents who do not remove the banned weapons from their homes by that date face a fine of $1,000 per day.

Previously I have said on here that when this time comes the Government won't have to take them from cold dead hands. Obviously this law will get overturned, but before then, 99.9% will voluntarily turn them in.

Previously I have said on here that when this time comes the Government won't have to take them from cold dead hands. Obviously this law will get overturned, but before then, 99.9% will voluntarily turn them in.

I agree that most will cave and turn them in voluntarily if the day does indeed come. Not 99 percent, but a majority. Sheep wearing sheepdog morale patches.

Um, I don't think the judge understands the concept of bearing arms. Moreover, this is a dangerous precedent other activist judges can emulate.

Massachusetts' ban on assault weapons doesn't violate 2nd Amendment, judge rules

That notion was ruled out, however, as the judge pointed out that the design of semi-automatic AR-15's is based on guns "that were first manufactured for military purposes" and that the AR-15 is "common and well-known in the military."

"The AR-15 and its analogs, along with large capacity magazines, are simply not weapons within the original meaning of the individual constitutional right to 'bear arms,'" Young said.

Um, I don't think the judge understands the concept of bearing arms. Moreover, this is a dangerous precedent other activist judges can emulate.

Massachusetts' ban on assault weapons doesn't violate 2nd Amendment, judge rules

This ruling won't survive the appeals process. The SCOTUS has been clear that weapons in common use are protected, and the AR-15 is probably the most popular and prevalent rifle in America.

That, combined with the fact that the framers meant specifically to protect those arms in common usage by the militia, pretty much dooms this silly ruling to the scrap heap once the appeals process goes forward.

This ruling won't survive the appeals process. The SCOTUS has been clear that weapons in common use are protected, and the AR-15 is probably the most popular and prevalent rifle in America.

That, combined with the fact that the framers meant specifically to protect those arms in common usage by the militia, pretty much dooms this silly ruling to the scrap heap once the appeals process goes forward.

I agree with you to a point, but lack any faith in the system. Think of the discussions we have today that weren't even thought of 20 years ago. This line of thought will return over and over and our only hope lies in judges who aren't activists?

I point back specifically with this fuckhead of a judge..... at the specific wording of the 2nd amendment... and my previous statements regarding that very subject... and fucking title 10.

But hey, the 2nd amendment is just for hunting.

Just for hunting...but specifies weapons of war (e.g., for militia). Judge is so far out in left field....

I’m all about rallying to stop nonsense gun bans, but I’m not sure what throwing on your “bullet resistant” vest (I think he forgot his plates and maybe cardio day) does to help. It plays to the “these crazy gun people have bulletproof vests and assault rifles” idea, doesn’t it? Same goes to the idiots taking ARs into Starbucks, those actions make gun owners look the part the media tries to depict.

Attachments

• F8FAA3AA-D504-4E13-AD5D-A26361752318.jpeg
    F8FAA3AA-D504-4E13-AD5D-A26361752318.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I never agreed with that approach.

After Newtown, I think a year later a group went to the local Starbucks, around the area Sandy Hook was to stage a sit down open carry protest. It made the papers. It doesn't help, angers people and pushes people away.

Teaching people through education is the way to go IMO.

I never agreed with that approach.

After Newtown, I think a year later a group went to the local Starbucks, around the area Sandy Hook was to stage a sit down open carry protest. It made the papers. It doesn't help, angers people and pushes people away.

Teaching people through education is the way to go IMO.

My sniper partner went to his church’s “security” meeting which involved the church’s insurance agengy. They are trying to use CCW holders has armed security. Cool plan but if you read the Ohio Revised Code closely it’s pretty illegal. Anyway, the point about what weapon/ammo each person in the church is carrying comes to the front of discussion (generally speaking). My LE/sniper buddy goes, “you’ll never know exactly what ammo or weapon a person is going to carry because they might forget or might just carry something else that day. Maybe one day I bring a hollow-point and one day I forget after going to the range and bring FMJs.”

The insurance lady says, “yeah, you don’t want to bring hollow-point bullets, people blow up when they’re hit with those.” My partner said his mouth dropped wide open in disbelief and asked her if she was joking. “No, that’s what happens in the movies,” she said. I told him that this is the exact audience we are working against.

Cool plan but if you read the Ohio Revised Code closely it’s pretty illegal.

Is this illegal because they don't have state security credentials? OPOTA? I do know a lot of churches are doing this. But, is it only illegal if you make it official? I mean what if church-goers with a CCW just happen to be there? Wink, Wink.

Is this illegal because they don't have state security credentials? OPOTA? I do know a lot of churches are doing this. But, is it only illegal if you make it official? I mean what if church-goers with a CCW just happen to be there? Wink, Wink.

Many insurers of church facilities do not support CCW in any way - in fact, many are openly against it. At least that is from my experience of leading security for two major churches. Insurers don't want anything that they may have to "defend" against.

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with a church goer packing. The problem arises when you’re saying that Joe Smith is armed security and backing it with “security meetings.”

Back