United States & Gun Control discussion.

Thanks. Sounds totally crazy to me; that one man can just decide he doesn't like my legally owned possession and ban it. :(
And particularly hang a key driver to this action on something that occurred 30 years ago?! Yes, there was the Nova Scotia shooting the other week but still... loco.

I hope @RackMaster is correct and this challenged and overturned in their courts.

I knew they were just getting started and couldn't let a good tragedy go to waste. Fuck them. I will be cordial with any of my Liberal family and friend's but I am truly beginning to despise them.

Legislation allowing cities to ban handguns to come; no timeline released, Trudeau says

We already have red flag law's. There's a 1-800 number and has been since the 90's. In order to get your license, you need to list your ex and current partner and they are contacted.

Liberals will propose expanding ‘red flag’ gun laws, Blair says

Last edited:

Have no fear, Brother. It won't stop once the ball gets rolling. There are plenty of "victim" groups out there that need those pesky loud things banned for *their* safety. But, the *banners* never think about the bad guys reading the paper and learning that now their victims will be easier targets than before.

Have no fear, Brother. It won't stop once the ball gets rolling. There are plenty of "victim" groups out there that need those pesky loud things banned for *their* safety. But, the *banners* never think about the bad guys reading the paper and learning that now their victims will be easier targets than before.

Problem is that this group is the one with the Prime Minister's ear and pushed him to do this now. Him and his wife are good friend's with the man hater.

This is from a reputable lawyer that specializes on the Canadian firearms file. They are after the rural way of life.

Apparently the rumour (which I consider fairly credible) is that the LPC is going to push for central storage next.

Gun owners know why this is terrible, so this is largely going to be aimed at friends, colleagues, and so forth who may not be aware of some of the issues.

The first is practicality. A farmer who has a pack of coyotes eyeing his/her cattle can't drive an hour each way (you think these storage locations are going to be convenient in rural Canada?) to get a rifle. A hunter who has to wake up in the early hours to get to his/her spot is pretty inconvenienced by having to do so hours early--and would the central storage even be open? How do we know the difference between a hunter who is spending a week bedded down in the wilderness versus one who just takes their gun home? We have communities that are fly-in, fly-out, and so a hunter or target shooter might need to get on a plane (or a ferry) to get to the nearest central storage location.

The second is cost. If you're requiring central storage, that won't be free. What this means is that the notion of "We are sparing hunters and farmers" is anything but--it's going to put tremendous costs on hunters and farmers. These costs will disproportionately harm those who are most vulnerable. My mother, growing up, was in a family with many children and where hunted meat was necessary for them because they were far from wealthy. Living off the land should not be something partitioned off for the wealthy elite.

The third is safety--many ranges and the like are in remote areas, because that's where you can afford to buy a stretch of land a kilometer or two long. This makes them prime targets for theft.

The fourth is that a lot of practice and maintenance happen at home. There's no competition shooter who isn't spending a lot of time working with their firearm off-range as well as on.

For those of you who supported the latest OIC because "They're leaving hunters and farmers alone", well, they're coming for hunters, farmers, target shooters, and so forth next in a big way, it seems.

We'll happily accept you down south.

I'm starting to think about it. What's the generational cutoff for citizenship? My paternal grandmother was born in Watertown, NY.

Serious question my Brother:

Do you see it getting any better there in the future? Does your "Pharaoh" have any legitimate competition in the future?

He holds a Minority government, so technically any opposition party could hold a non confidence vote in Parliament and trigger an election. The new government can then repeal their garbage law's, which includes this and another Bill they put through last year that led to this.

Problem 1 - Parliament is suspended and only acting with minimal representation in a virtual setting and only 1 sitting in the House a week.

Problem 2 - because they lost the last election, the Conservatives were forced into a leadership race that was supposed to be over now but has been delayed until early Fall due to COVID-19. So it would be foolish to try an election now.

Problem 3 - the other "progressive" parties support getting rid of the AR-15 and more gun control. But I don't think they knew they were going this far.

The good thing is there's a 2 year amnesty and the Conservatives were close this past election, gaining the popular vote. But our riding seat distribution disproportionately supports urban elite area's. There was a new hard right party (similar to the Tea Party) that split the vote. But I could see them making a good run for it. The front runner is an Veteran, former Air Force pilot and a former Veteran's Affairs Minister.

Well, at least there is still hope. I sincerely wish all of you the best.

Thanks Brother. If anything it has solidified the gun rights groups, we have 3 big ones and another more extreme one. All have come together to make combined press statements and have publicly called for the clown who wrote it to be removed.

I just hope the shotguns will get all the FUDD's to open their eye's and see that just because they don't have black guns, that we're all in this together.

Back