United States & Gun Control discussion.

That's gonna be a whole lotta Americans baying for blood, that's if Biden makes it to the WH with recounts, lawsuits, etc. Whoever wrote that musta gotten into Hunters crack stash or Ol Biden is hitting the pipe with his son.

And according to it all, he plans to do so by executive order. This is a huge issue. We need to stop ruling via executive order. We have elected representatives for a reason.
Couldn't agree more. The biggest issue is getting people to stop justifying it if it's their side doing it.

On Biden's plan though, looks like a grand total of one thing I actually like, which is allowing the CDC to study gun violence.

As I'm sure most people are aware, the vast majority of gun deaths are suicides, and I think treating that as a health issue, not a gun issue, is the way to attack it. Don't quite trust the Biden administration to not fuck it up, but I'd love to a more "mental/social" issue view of guns than "boom-booms scary".

Couldn't agree more. The biggest issue is getting people to stop justifying it if it's their side doing it.

On Biden's plan though, looks like a grand total of one thing I actually like, which is allowing the CDC to study gun violence.

As I'm sure most people are aware, the vast majority of gun deaths are suicides, and I think treating that as a health issue, not a gun issue, is the way to attack it. Don't quite trust the Biden administration to not fuck it up, but I'd love to a more "mental/social" issue view of guns than "boom-booms scary".

So would DHS be more appropriate, or is gun violence predicated mental illness a disease now?

So would DHS be more appropriate, or is gun violence predicated mental illness a disease now?

I don't have a good answer to your question, and that's kind of my thing; I think we need more information on these issues with a viewpoint other than "guns and crimes".

I think a lot of people on this site probably agree that gun violence (or violence in general) seems to be more of a societal issue than the weapons themselves, and I'd like to see some research into how that could be fixed, if possible.

Banning/not banning guns is an easy soundbite for politicians, but trying to figure out why we have so many issues compared to a place like Switzerland is harder.

I don't have a good answer to your question, and that's kind of my thing; I think we need more information on these issues with a viewpoint other than "guns and crimes".

I think a lot of people on this site probably agree that gun violence (or violence in general) seems to be more of a societal issue than the weapons themselves, and I'd like to see some research into how that could be fixed, if possible.

Banning/not banning guns is an easy soundbite for politicians, but trying to figure out why we have so many issues compared to a place like Switzerland is harder.

I'm not exactly sure why the CDC needs to study "gun violence" at all. We have the statistics that they can easily looks at. 2/3 of firearms related deaths roughly being from suicide, ok what more do you need there? A firearm is just a method. We have plenty of bridges that people use around this country. The issue is just mental health and providing support.

We shouldn't even have to get to that point. Someone needs to put on the brakes. It's out of control.

What should happen and what will happen are two different things. I trust Biden like I trust gas station sushi, and for all of the "I am not after your guns" he said on the campaign trail, he is definitely after the guns. He will use end-arounds and EOs to push it knowing it won't get traction in congress.

What should happen and what will happen are two different things. I trust Biden like I trust gas station sushi, and for all of the "I am not after your guns" he said on the campaign trail, he is definitely after the guns. He will use end-arounds and EOs to push it knowing it won't get traction in congress.
Concur.

"Mandatory buyback" (which semantically means they purchased it in the first place if they plan to 'buy it back') smack of 'false positive', 'jumbo shrimp, 'politically correct', and any other contradictory phrase you can think of.

But yeah, that's a hard 'no' from me...

And guess what, you will get pennies on the dollar. Most of the "buyback" programs have been standard like 300 bucks. So really we should just go buy a bunch of Hi-Points and sell back at a profit!

"Mandatory buyback" (which semantically means they purchased it in the first place if they plan to 'buy it back') smack of 'false positive', 'jumbo shrimp, 'politically correct', and any other contradictory phrase you can think of.

But yeah, that's a hard 'no' from me...

That's the plan here in Canada. They actually put the job out to tender twice, both times no applications. Then mysteriously there was a PM hired for the buyback program. Probably an internal hire.

The Democrat's and Canadian Liberal's are using the same play book for most of the same issue's.

The FBI runs the ViCAP database, but there isn't a requirement for local law enforcement to submit their numbers. Crazy idea here, but if what there was...into a product that already exists? The Center for DISEASE Control needs to study gun violence instead of a law enforcement organization?

GTFOutta here.

Back