United States & Gun Control discussion.

Personally have never been a fan of Robert O’Neill, this does not help….

This is nothing more than my perception, but it feels like “celebrity gun owners” are quick to offer compromises.

A long time ago somebody on this board made me understand the concept of “no compromise” because as soon as you give one thing, that’s their victory, and makes them dig in deeper for the next thing.

This is nothing more than my perception, but it feels like “celebrity gun owners” are quick to offer compromises.

A long time ago somebody on this board made me understand the concept of “no compromise” because as soon as you give one thing, that’s their victory, and makes them dig in deeper for the next thing.

Fuck him. He's a shill and from what others he served with, they say he's a liar that violated his NDAs.

Him and Tim Kennedy, plus that turd from BRCC are fudds.

What a simp.

North Carolina has long had a Jim Crow-era law which required one to purchase a pistol permit (well, an administrative fee) from the local sheriff's office before one could buy a pistol, That law was changed today; no longer have to have a pistol purchase permit.
I was literally talking to my wife last night about potentially moving back to NC (we live in NY now). The ridiculous gun laws here were a major reason, but they are more a symptom of the real problem vs. the main issue. For example, despite the fact that people are fleeing NY in droves, the governor is driving regulation to force neighborhoods to create thousands of low-income housing units. She also wants to ban gas stoves and oil furnaces in the state. All of this, while the tax base declines and crime rises.

We still own a house outside of Fort Bragg...

I was literally talking to my wife last night about potentially moving back to NC (we live in NY now). The ridiculous gun laws here were a major reason, but they are more a symptom of the real problem vs. the main issue. For example, despite the fact that people are fleeing NY in droves, the governor is driving regulation to force neighborhoods to create thousands of low-income housing units. She also wants to ban gas stoves and oil furnaces in the state. All of this, while the tax base declines and crime rises.

I'd help you unpack...

North Carolina has long had a Jim Crow-era law which required one to purchase a pistol permit (well, an administrative fee) from the local sheriff's office before one could buy a pistol, That law was changed today; no longer have to have a pistol purchase permit.
It’s long past “about time” to get rid of that, to the point where I thought it would never happen. I’m glad to be wrong on that prediction.

It’s long past “about time” to get rid of that, to the point where I thought it would never happen. I’m glad to be wrong on that prediction.

You may remember they tried to do this before but didn't have enough votes to override the governor's veto. This time they did. Still, it was very much on the fence and very close.

It's amazing how the black community doesn't understand that they are disproportionately affected by that law, which is why it was created in the first place.

You may remember they tried to do this before but didn't have enough votes to override the governor's veto. This time they did. Still, it was very much on the fence and very close.

It's amazing how the black community doesn't understand that they are disproportionately affected by that law, which is why it was created in the first place.

Probably helped you to have an African American, proud firearm owning, Lieutenant-Governor that happens to be a Republican?

I'll unload boxes and move furniture if you'll provide beer and space for an airbag. I can think of a few members in NC who are handy with a grill...

Yes the repeated (and repeatedly unsuccessful) attempts to achieve this are a big part of how I came to my prediction.

What I wouldn't give to be bacn in NC.

Back