United States & Gun Control discussion.

I think this is a standard gun trace that the ATF does any time a gun is used in a crime. It sounds like they contacted the selling FFL and he gave them the 4173.

Alternately, if that FFL was surrendered, the yeah they have those records.

Yep, since the gun dealer closed, they had all the records. It's been this way for at least 30 years that I know of.

If anyone is paranoid, just buy a gun from a private seller....

LEOs have a database for trying to trace guns used in a crime....it sends a request to ATF, they check the records from the manufacture to whatever FFL it goes to and then who bought the gun. From there they can see who it was sold to, if they bought from FFL. If the gun is ever sold privately, the paper trail ends. The search can take a day to a month....they just got lucky with this one.

The database is great for recovery of stolen guns and getting them back to the owner, I've used it a lot.

Last edited:
Under the GCA, Congress authorized a decentralized system of recordkeeping allowing ATF to trace a firearm’s chain of commerce, from manufacturer or importer to dealer, and to the first retail purchaser of record. FFLs are required to maintain firearms transaction records for a minimum of 20 years under previously promulgated ATF regulations, and to submit a minimum of 20 years of their most recent transaction records to ATF whenever they go out of business (27 C.F.R. §478.129)

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF12057

IMG_9780.jpeg

Massachusetts went a bit hard in the paint with some new gun laws.

My favorite modern Masshole story is the crime lab which sent more people to jail illegally than Kamala Harris and the woman who did nothing while Attorney General is now the Governor.

Huh... a state attorney general who is a Democrat and a woman, openly violating their constituent's civil rights and failing upwards? Weird, I'm glad there's not a trend right now...

Enjoy.

I'm stage 2 with aspirations of stage 5 if Maria would agree to exfil to ozarks.
I did not watch yet, but I was doing this at that very moment it was posted before being satisfied enough to move forward for the rifle it's going on next.

453144213_10232967758240434_8584135423018533994_n.jpg

Back