United States & Gun Control discussion.

Every year Dallas has a state fair, in the area around the Cotton Bowl area (horrible crime area). Last year there was a shooting when an unlicensed person somehow got a firearm into the fair. There is a lot of DPD on site and checks at each entrance. Years ago there was always gang violence at the fair, so heavy police presence was standard.

This year, the company that runs the state fair put out new rules on firearms, no license to carry holders can carry into the fair grounds. Off duty Peace Offices and retired Peace Officers still can (there are separate laws on LEOSA carry, not related to LTC).

The state AG, and other legislators, notified the state fair company, advising they need to change there stance, as they are holding the fair on public city land and can't deny LTC holders from carrying.

Republican Texas House lawmakers pressure State Fair to change new gun policy

Our AG is an idiot and a criminal, but he is right on this topic. Should be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

This year, the company that runs the state fair put out new rules on firearms, no license to carry holders can carry into the fair grounds. Off duty Peace Offices and retired Peace Officers still can (there are separate laws on LEOSA carry, not related to LTC).

The state AG, and other legislators, notified the state fair company, advising they need to change there stance, as they are holding the fair on public city land and can't deny LTC holders from carrying.
They pulled that in Minnesota a few years ago. Our local gun groups sued…and lost. The first few years I carried anyway, last year they added metal detectors. That was the end of my State Fair experiences. Google crime and Minnesota State Fair…no thank you.

In my AO, we have local fairs at the catholic schools. St. Michael's is 1 that always holds a fair, fun time.

I've always carried, then, a few years back, a few hood ratchets from Levittown decided to fight, across the street at the Wal-Mart, go figure, right?

Anyway, 1 shanked the other, a few were beaten, 4 went to trauma, I was nit working that night.

Now, metal detectors were installed, I refuse to go now. I don't go where I am disarmed, a fair is not important to me.

Every year Dallas has a state fair, in the area around the Cotton Bowl area (horrible crime area). Last year there was a shooting when an unlicensed person somehow got a firearm into the fair. There is a lot of DPD on site and checks at each entrance. Years ago there was always gang violence at the fair, so heavy police presence was standard.

Republican Texas House lawmakers pressure State Fair to change new gun policy

Our AG is an idiot and a criminal, but he is right on this topic. Should be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
I don’t think they should be able to restrict legal carry on private property that is one to public commerce either.

They pulled that in Minnesota a few years ago. Our local gun groups sued…and lost. The first few years I carried anyway, last year they added metal detectors. That was the end of my State Fair experiences. Google crime and Minnesota State Fair…no thank you.
Re: MN

Federal judge dismisses lawsuit asking to allow guns at Minnesota State Fair

“Judge Tunheim ruled that the Fair’s ban on the lawful carry of firearms by permit holders satisfies strict scrutiny because the fair is a ‘sensitive place,’ ” the statement said. “Minnesota statutes specifically prohibit local government entities from establishing firearm regulations or restricting the lawful right to carry. The Judge did not address this issue but rather found that Minnesota’s preemption statutes do not give private individuals the right to sue over these actions. In his ruling, the judge failed to apply the standard established by the US Supreme Court in the Bruen case.”

lol, projecting wanting to take away the constitutional rights of the gun owner whole charging him for it while he was defending himself legally, that's a new one.

If that was here, stand my ground, no duty to retreat, and make my day would mean it was the other way around and no billed with return of gun.

Back