United States & Gun Control discussion.

I want to see how the NY governors race will turn out. The Republicans have someone up who seems to be pro 2A.

Larry Hogan wants to eat your children, with steak sauce. Don't vote for Larry Hogan.

*paid for by the liberal, fuck Larry Hogan fund.

What do NYers think of the Republican candidate for governor?
No idea. I have not heard anyone talking about the election. I've only seen one attack ad (online), which attacked Astorino for giving jobs to friends and relatives. That's kind of a silly issue to attack a candidate on when you consider that literally every politician does that. Oh, apparently the NRA decided NOT to donate any money to his campaign, instead spending a few million just on anti-Cuomo ads.
This election is weird.

No idea. I have not heard anyone talking about the election. I've only seen one attack ad (online), which attacked Astorino for giving jobs to friends and relatives. That's kind of a silly issue to attack a candidate on when you consider that literally every politician does that. Oh, apparently the NRA decided NOT to donate any money to his campaign, instead spending a few million just on anti-Cuomo ads.
This election is weird.

Eh. I don't see any changes in the gun laws up there then.

Stories like this are the reason that I do not like to comment on investigations until they're finished. The narrative that we are getting from the official (leaked) autopsy report supports officer Darren Wilson's account of the day's events. This case, and many others like it, have sparked unnecessary anger because everyone jumped to fucking conclusions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...l-brown-may-have-gone-for-darren-wilsons-gun/
Did Michael Brown have his hands up when he was shot? (my note: Probably not)
In protests held in Ferguson, Mo., for more than two months, some said 18-year-old Michael Brown had his hands up when he was killed by police officer Darren Wilson. Hence the clarion call: “Hands up, don’t shoot.”

But a forensics expert says Brown’sofficial county autopsy suggests the teenager may not have had his hands raised after all when he was slain on Aug. 9, according to a story in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Judy Melinek, a forensic pathologist in San Francisco who reviewed the autopsy for the Post-Dispatch, told the paper that one of the officer’s shots hit Brown’s forearm and traveled from the back of the arm to the inner arm, which means Brown’s palms could not have been facing Wilson, as some witnesses have said. That trajectory shows Brown probably was not taking a standard surrender position with arms above the shoulders and palms out when he was shot outside the officer’s car, she said.

Neither the St. Louis County medical examiner or her assistant, who conducted the autopsy, were reached for comment by the paper.

Melinek also told the newspaper another bullet struck Brown at close range — and may at that point have been reaching for Wilson’s weapon. The autopsy found material “consistent with products that are discharged from the barrel of a firearm” in a wound on Brown’s thumb. Melinek said this “supports the fact that this guy is reaching for the gun, if he has gunpowder particulate material in the wound.”

A source with knowledge of Wilson’s statements told the Post-Dispatchthat the officer told investigators that Brown had struggled for Wilson’s pistol inside a police SUV and that Wilson had fired the gun twice, hitting Brown once in the hand. Later, Wilson fired additional shots outside his patrol vehicle. Wilson reportedly said he fired the shots because Brown charged at him.

Please note that I am STILL reserving judgement on this one. The report suggests that Michael Brown probably reached for the officer's gun, which I can buy. The actions
pursuant to that, however, are still pretty murky. Eyewitness testimony is all over the place and the leaked details from this report really only address the shooting that took place at officer Wilson's car. An independent examiner did say that it seemed that Brown did not assume a surrender position based on wound tracks, but I will wait for the official report to come out.

Every time it's been tried it bit them in the ass. I love it how "they" talk about it's the right thing to do, but it's blatantly obvious that the great unwashed mass of us regular Americans have no interest in gun control.

I wish more people were involved.

They called me yesterday, were amazed when I told her I was a life member, fail...

Haha.

I aim for a life membership also. I may not agree with everything they do but it's the power and influence that works.

LaPierre makes me uncomfortable, he's just not the kind of cat I'd want to go pig hunting with; the hysterical diatribes every month are a bit annoying, although I understand the marketing aspects of that kind of approach, i.e., donations increase proportionate to the amount of panic we can generate; and what can I say about Ted Nugent? I could probably handle pig hunting with Ted Nugent but I'm not sure he's the guy I want to represent my 2A Rights.

And yet I renew yearly, obediently, because there ain't nobody else with that much clout.

LaPierre makes me uncomfortable, he's just not the kind of cat I'd want to go pig hunting with; the hysterical diatribes every month are a bit annoying, although I understand the marketing aspects of that kind of approach, i.e., donations increase proportionate to the amount of panic we can generate; and what can I say about Ted Nugent? I could probably handle pig hunting with Ted Nugent but I'm not sure he's the guy I want to represent my 2A Rights.

And yet I renew yearly, obediently, because there ain't nobody else with that much clout.

Agree entirely, especially with the bolded part.

IMO, the most in-touch, well-spoken voice for the Second Amendment has been Colion Noir.

Back