US Army SOF Photos

What a jackass. I get worked up seeing guys with flashbangs rubber banded to their kit, this guy went full Hollywood and did it with a frag. I wonder if he has the pin tied off to his kit so he can do a slick one handed employment.

And the pin taped up? That's a no-no according to the Army Safety Center. Someone should ask his Company Commander where his risk assessment is for that shit...mmmmmokaay.

And the pin taped up? That's a no-no according to the Army Safety Center. Someone should ask his Company Commander where his risk assessment is for that shit...mmmmmokaay.
I missed the tape on initial inspection. I don't understand how the 3 safety devices aren't good enough. When I find bent or taped pins, I just take them out to the range and dispose of them.

I'm not sure I'm following...I know atleast up until I left, we would take the clip off and put 100mph tape through the ring and do 1.5 wraps around, leaving a tab to pull. Is that no longer allowed? Or are you guys refering to a specific way it is taped?

It makes it take twice as long to employ the grenade, and it doesn't make it an safer. A grenade inside a pouch can't pull it's own pin. Tape also looses it's sticky in the heat and dust or gets permanently stuck together- then you have a grenade with no safety or a grenade you can't employ.

I taped up grenade pins as well, ignoring the Army Safety Center. That shit has been against the regs for years now.

Commandos from 5th Commando Kandak, partnered with coalition special operations forces soldier checks cave for possible unexploded ordnance during a clearing operation in Balu Chan, Baghlan Jadid district, Baghlan province, April 9. The commandos, partnered with coalition special operations forces, conducted clearing operations in the district to disrupt insurgent safe havens and promote security in the area.

Commandos from 5th Commando Kandak and coalition special operations forces soldiers watch as a UH-47 helicopter prepares to land following a clearing operation in Balu Chan, Baghlan Jadid district, Baghlan province, April 9. The commandos, partnered with coalition special operations forces, conducted clearing operations in the district to disrupt insurgent safe havens and promote security in the area.

Commandos from 5th Commando Kandak and coalition special operations forces soldiers watch as a UH-47 helicopter prepares to land following a clearing operation in Balu Chan, Baghlan Jadid district, Baghlan province, April 9. The commandos, partnered with coalition special operations forces, conducted clearing operations in the district to disrupt insurgent safe havens and promote security in the area.

source

What's the reasoning behind the man throwing the flash bang in the same room as the stack in 1:32 and 3:02?
I can only assume after the failed ballistic breach, they throw the banger to make the occupants think the stack went elsewhere, so he doesn't get shot through the door when setting up the demo.

Actually looking back at it through the 3:02 time, he already pulled the pin for the breach and after it failed just got rid of it.

Patch?

912BU.jpg

Back