Warrior Scholar Project

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Applications are open for the Warrior Scholar Project. I'm not a graduate of the program nor am I directly affiliated with it, but I'm friends with the founders and sat in on a couple of sessions when I was in grad school. One way to think about it is as an "academic boot camp" to help veterans transition from combat to the classroom. It's free, it's two weeks long, and it's a great networking opportunity.

At least two SS members are graduates of the program, they can provide better insight than I. But I think it's worth considering if you're getting out and looking at going to college.

http://www.warrior-scholar.org/

If you have the opportunity to attend college..do it!! When I applied I didn't think I was worthy and academically capable. There are loads of former and serving military only to willing to assist ... My pln comdr & CO proofread my essays before I submit them, both are previous students of my college and the program I am currently doing.

I must also state there are also many SS members particularly @Marauder06 who have assisted in formatting and compiling my essays which I must give credit to.

I have one module left before I start my thesis. My question is Syria: Testing Hezbollah.

Last edited:
If you have the opportunity to attend college..do it!! When I applied I didn't think I was worthy and academically capable. There ARE loads of former and serving military only to willing to assist ... My pln comdr & CO proofread(del -s) my essays before I submit them, both are previous students of my college and the program I am currently doing.

I must also state there ARE also many SS members particularly @Marauder06 who(del -m, it is not a genitive nor subjunctive) have assisted in formatting and compiling my essays, and who deserve credit for my success. (edited for clarity and ease of reading from " which I must give credit to.")

I have one module left before I start my thesis. My question is Syria: Testing Hezbollah.

:hmm::wall::wall::rolleyes::whatever::-/

No excuses. Because...................

The maximum effective range of an excuse is 0 metres (to keep the commonwealthers happy), with a bursting radius of your career.

You're such a grammar nazi.. I guess I should have rang my pln comdr to proof read my post before submitting ..geez

You're such a grammar nazi.. I guess I should have rang my pln comdr to proof read my post before submitting ..geez

the past pluperfect of ring is rung not rang, you used the past imperfect.... you heathen leprechaun. When using the subjunctive, use the pluperfect of the verb.:sneaky::ROFLMAO::p

And, I consider myself a grammar fascist ( in the originalEtruscan/ Latin meaning of the word, which was reserved for magistrates, meaning they were allowed to carry, or have carried by their bodyguards, the symbol of power known as the fasces, a bundle of birch rods surrounding an axe denoting the strength of unity and the power to mete justice through death.).

Last edited:
The past pluperfect of ring is rung not rang, you used the past imperfect.... you heathen leprechaun. When using the subjunctive, use the pluperfect of the verb.:sneaky::ROFLMAO::p

And, I consider myself a grammar fascist ( in the originalEtruscan/ Latin meaning of the word, which was reserved for magistrates, meaning they were allowed to carry, or have carried by their bodyguards, the symbol of power known as the fasces, a bundle of birch rods surrounding an axe denoting the strength of unity and the power to meet justice through death.).

Your second paragraph, which shouldn't be a paragraph at all, starts with and. That is a no-go.

Put simply, if you're a veteran, looking at attending college, and you haven't thought about attending a WSP session: you're wrong. Regardless of your previous scholastic ability and internet-posting acumen, a WSP session WILL make you into a better student. Even if all you take away from it is better note-taking skills, or the ability to interrogate text, you will gain valuable skills that will help you to "level up" your performance as a student. Now that WSP has expanded to almost a dozen locations nationwide AND isn't limited to summer sessions, you really have no excuse not to go.

Back