Not Work Safe Weird stuff on YouTube...

This woman is batshit crazy. If the timestamp doesn't work, go to 1:27:00-ish. And yes, I watched the entire thing to make sure there wasn't any misquoted context.

How can you defend this?

Sell the house, sell the car, sell the kids…I’m goin up the Nung to join the Cornerstone Christian Center…I’m never coming back.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that a video of a sitting member of the US House saying

"The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church, that is not how our founding fathers intended it. And I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk that's not in the Constitution, it was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does."

...did not garner any more discussion than a picture of the woman's ass.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that a video of a sitting member of the US House saying

"The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church, that is not how our founding fathers intended it. And I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk that's not in the Constitution, it was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does."
I hadn't heard about this and had to look up who said it.

I should have known... :hmm:

Read the room...

I am and that's what bothers me. A sitting elected official says her church, her religious beliefs override the Constitution and the board is cool with that statement? All of our talk about an oath to defend the Constitution, about how the Constitution is sacrosanct, but she says there should be no separation of Church and State and no one raises an eyebrow?

I've been reading about that Rep. for about ten minutes, never read about her before now-- wow. Pretty scary. Also interesting. Lots to unpack with this one.

Back