Not Work Safe Weird stuff on YouTube...

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that a video of a sitting member of the US House saying

"The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church, that is not how our founding fathers intended it. And I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk that's not in the Constitution, it was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does."

...did not garner any more discussion than a picture of the woman's ass.
Congress is full of batshit crazy on both sides. Boebert leads the crazies on the far-right. The only thing that surprises me about her is that she's a Colorado representative, which has made a made a hard left over the years. Guess her being elected is further evidence as to the harmful secondary impacts of legalization.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that a video of a sitting member of the US House saying

"The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church, that is not how our founding fathers intended it. And I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk that's not in the Constitution, it was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does."

...did not garner any more discussion than a picture of the woman's ass.

For me, I think it is the thread it was posted in...I also didn't watch far enough for that quote. That's on me. She is definitely crazy, and I in no way agree with that quote from her, much like most of her air wasting speeches.

I am and that's what bothers me. A sitting elected official says her church, her religious beliefs override the Constitution and the board is cool with that statement? All of our talk about an oath to defend the Constitution, about how the Constitution is sacrosanct, but she says there should be no separation of Church and State and no one raises an eyebrow?
Who said they were cool with that statement?
For me, I think it is the thread it was posted in...I also didn't watch far enough for that quote. That's on me. She is definitely crazy, and I in no way agree with that quote from her, much like most of her air wasting speeches.
Yep. This is not the thread I come to for serious political discussions. I didn't even watch the video until the more-recent posts were made.
For the record, I feel there ought to be a lot more separation between church and state. The whole "render unto Caesar" etc.

...did not garner any more discussion than a picture of the woman's ass

I watched from your time stamp. From the get-go It sounded like a bunch of incoherent bible-thumping babble from a person who’s oratory skills suck. I tend to lose interest quickly in stupid people and tune out…so some of the particulars were lost in the presentation. Plus I’ve been poppin oxys since the hip surgery.

But the deal is, she’s not the first, and certainly not the only, exceedingly stupid person in the US House of Representatives; nor the first to come out with some unbelievably moronic drivel in public. Any outrage I might feel about her statement is tempered by having heard, over the years, equally idiotic pronouncements by other imbecilic retards in Congress.

Last edited:
Who said they were cool with that statement?

Yep. This is not the thread I come to for serious political discussions. I didn't even watch the video until the more-recent posts were made.
For the record, I feel there ought to be a lot more separation between church and state. The whole "render unto Caesar" etc.

Just the lack of any commentary had me make that leap.

To your second point, that's totally fair and 100% on me. Good initiative for the discussion, bad judgement on the location I guess. Regardless, that's my bad and I apologize.

Just the lack of any commentary had me make that leap.

To your second point, that's totally fair and 100% on me. Good initiative for the discussion, bad judgement on the location I guess. Regardless, that's my bad and I apologize.

No need to apologize. You exposed this lunachick moonbat I’d never heard of. And she’s fucking crazy enough to deserve a place on the weird thread.

I present to the board… meatcanyon.

Hey, they made a cartoon about my Mom! When I was about 4 she was giving me a bath and told me that if I went to Hell the Devil would make me swim in a river of blood and every time I came up for air he would hit me on the head with an oar.

Good times, good times.

Good old Lauren. Met her at her restaurant in spring of 2018 coming back from Moab.

Came over and started asking my about 19th group (I was wearing a unit shirt) then asked to see what sort of pistol I had.

Told her I don't carry. She proceeded to tell me I was a bad veteran because it was my duty to "carry and protect our rights against the gun-grabbers" and then looked at my (at the time) girlfriend and asked her how she felt about "him clearly not caring about you enough to protect you."

She's always been nutter than squirrel shit.

Anyways, here's a teddy bear.

Good old Lauren. Met her at her restaurant in spring of 2018 coming back from Moab.

Came over and started asking my about 19th group (I was wearing a unit shirt) then asked to see what sort of pistol I had.

Told her I don't carry. She proceeded to tell me I was a bad veteran because it was my duty to "carry and protect our rights against the gun-grabbers" and then looked at my (at the time) girlfriend and asked her how she felt about "him clearly not caring about you enough to protect you."

This is too funny not to ignore and (giggle) that wasn't the way you told that story last time.

You literally went to Rifle, Colorado. AKA small town Colorado, to a place called the Shooters Bar and Grill, wearing a unit shirt. Now you're complaining that you felt emasculated in front of your girl, because you did some poor mission prep and Lauren did the female version of, "I smell weakness". :ROFLMAO:

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

What did you think was gonna happen? Colorado ain't some liberal Mecca. Step away from the cities and the people are less than enthused by your shenanigans. Oh and alotta native Coloradoan's are kinda sick, dare I say loathful, of the BS transplants have brought with them.

In the next iteration of this story, you might wanna spice it up by saying Boebert was wearing a MAGA hat, proceeded to cover you in powdered sugar, and then gave you a spanking. Broooo, you'd get so many high fives you'd need rotator cuff surgery! 8-)

My favorite is why she didn't go to biology class, in high school, her three arrests in ten years, and a no-show for a court ordered summons, her telling a judge she didn't know what day it was when she didn't appear for one of a handful of no-shows to court, and her overall pursuit of "biggest clown title." But, that's just me.

edited to replace a period with a comma to improve readability.

What a weird interaction, and what a jerk thing for her to say.

That time some people built a 25-ft. long replica of the USS Makin Island, complete with aircraft, out of Legos.

ETA: To put the overall cost into perspective, the MV-22 kits sell for $1,455 each (that comma is in the right spot), the F-35's clock in at $670 a copy, and the Vipers are $400.

Back