What Martial Arts Style(s) Do you Practice and Why?

If anyone here is in LA or Central CA, I can point you to some legit Krav guys.

Personally, I do judo, because it's gentle. :p

Personally, I do judo, because it's gentle. :p
It is kinda strange to me that no one seems to have Incorporated throws much into their MMA work. "Stand up" seems to be all boxing related, then someone will manage a single leg (or or rarely double leg) takedown and BJJ me to death till the bell. I miss the days of "classic" MMA. I'd also like much more AIR~time on ring girls.

I agree, especially against the fence. There are so many opportunities to suck that support foot right out, or bounce them off the cage into a hip or shoulder throw.

I agree, especially against the fence. There are so many opportunities to suck that support foot right out, or bounce them off the cage into a hip or shoulder throw.
Yup, and a good hip or shoulder throw can quickly knock the wind out of an opponent (or worse) and end the fight. Letting go just a fraction of a second earlier makes all the difference between a hard slam or an easy toss. We used to do 90 min. of Judo sparring, then 90 more of Jiujitsu. True "japanese jujitsu", and our instructor was big on using a person's clothes against them...like various ways of using a person's shirt collar against the carotid artery.
It only takes about a second and a half (much faster than a rear-naked whatever) and he had us all experience it more than once, so we knew what it felt like. Good stuff.

True "japanese jujitsu", and our instructor was big on using a person's clothes against them...like various ways of using a person's shirt collar against the carotid artery.
...before one of the Medics corrects me, I should have said "arteries". There are two (one on each side. L+R,) and a shirt collar can get both.

Two eh? And here's me thinking there were six...
Two that make up the neck part of the system. (shirt collar applied correctly = blackout in about 1.5 sec
)
19268403030_7ba6bd10cc_z.jpg

here's a better shot of the area that I'm talking about, and the point I'm getting at is that they are much faster than choking someone out by windpipe...

19269925099_aa7dc2c279_z.jpg

So how the hell do I edit a post. I knew as soon as I type artery someone was going to bust my balls about it...but I couldn't just go back in pluralize it.

So what do you want to edit the post to say? And which post/s?
I knew as soon as I said "artery" that someone medical was going to "clarify" that. It it would have been nice to just immediately pluralize it to arteries. And this damn voice recognition thing sucks! I keep finding grammatical and spelling weirdness that I miss on my quick review. Google voice recognition is pissing me off, and you can train it. I guess you're going to break down and get Dragon.

Google voice recognition is pissing me off, and you can train it. I guess you're going to break down and get Dragon.
Read that:
CANT train it.
I'M going to have to get Dragon.

FU Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew as soon as I said "artery" that someone medical was going to "clarify" that. It it would have been nice to just immediately pluralize it to arteries. And this damn voice recognition thing sucks! I keep finding grammatical and spelling weirdness that I miss on my quick review. Google voice recognition is pissing me off, and you can train it. I guess you're going to break down and get Dragon.

Read that:
CANT train it.
I'M going to have to get Dragon.

FU Google.

OK...

You still seem to have a weak grasp on anatomy, sarcasm and irony, not to mention reading comprehension (see post #88).

Back