Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Seal Team 6 is trending on Twitter… I don’t even know what else to say.
Are you not entertained?

On a serious note, has politics always felt like a soap opera or is that a recent development? Feels like the past few years have been an exercise for all involved to try and one up each other dumb and dumber style.

It’s ironic that SecDef Austin might lose his job over “Hospitalgate” and not… you know… Afghanistan.

Well, when you boil it all down to the etymology of the word "justice" we are just talking about the administration of law or equity - thats right - EQUITY
...assignment of deserved reward
...maintenance of what is right
...retribution deemed appropriate
...the giving of due deserts

Plus a bunch of other shit that you'll have to consult on with a lawyer before you can get to the bottom of it.
But I digress
My point is that "justice" doesn't always fit into a nice tidy package. After all, OJ went to prison for ripping off off some sports memorabilia - but not for nearly ripping off the heads of two human beings.
If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.
If an Afghani dies in a horrible fall, you'll get in trouble for going on sick call.
If you fuck up the retreat, you'll get disciplined for vacating your seat

The current DOJ is just the Biden Administration version of the Chewbacca Defense.
Not that I expect anything to come of it - but this issue is already so convoluted that even the Chewbacca defense makes more sense that what is going on in Permanent Washington.

Last edited:
So the story was that the SECDEF was in the hospital for "elective surgery." We now find out that it was major surgery. And he was under general anesthesia. FOR PROSTATE CANCER.

I mean I guess cancer surgery is "elective" if you "elect" to not die from it.

My doc had to write a note on my chart saying that without my cancer surgery my life expectancy would be short and I'd lose my sight. It's funny what's "elective." I mean, I didn't HAVE to have it.

So the story was that the SECDEF was in the hospital for "elective surgery." We now find out that it was major surgery. And he was under general anesthesia. FOR PROSTATE CANCER.

I mean I guess cancer surgery is "elective" if you "elect" to not die from it.
This administration is HILARIOUS. You get what you vote for America!

Back