Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

So Colorado decided they could keep Trump off the ballot because he participated in an insurrection. Yeah, there was no insurrection so....

I don't think the SCOTUS will allow this, but its funny how Democrats scream " Trump will end our democracy " while they literally try to end our democracy.

Like Trump or not, let voters decide.

( I know...we are a Republic )

I saw where a dozen-ish states have similar measures before them. Even Colorado's all Dem-nominated justices voted 4-3 because they know the can of worms this opens.

Let's say Trump committed every single felony he was charged with (he didn't), pushing the trial to before the election is pure politics. Cases like these would take 2-3 years to try, but because the orange man is bad (and beating Biden in the polls), they are in essence conducting a kangaroo court.

At least 3 of the justices in CO knew this was nonsense. And even if SCOTUS was dominated by Dem appointees, I think they’d toss it out.

At least 3 of the justices in CO knew this was nonsense. And even if SCOTUS was dominated by Dem appointees, I think they’d toss it out.
I'm really interested to see how the Supreme Court votes on this. The move was conspicuously partisan and unconstitutional. This will be a test for the liberal judges.

I'm really interested to see how the Supreme Court votes on this. The move was conspicuously partisan and unconstitutional. This will be a test for the liberal judges.
Well, here's the issue.

This (most likely) is going to go down 6-3. I know it, you know it, the world knows it. The SC just decided not to let Jack Smith rush the other sham trial, which is a big deal.

The presumptive 3 Supreme Court justices ruling in favor of removing Trump/upholding CO's rule solely on party lines signals to the Dems that Trump did something wrong (in this precise case of the 14th section 3, he did not). The response from the left will most certainly be, "The only reason this got voted down is conservative Trump appointees voted along party lines!" and they'll continue the "Orange Man Insurrectionist" attacks. No Dem will ever accept if Trump wins.

Republicans, on the other hand, know full well this is crap and that it's 100% politically motivated, just like the other sham trials. "This is Biden weaponizing the DOJ! It's election interference at the highest level! They're rigging the election AGAIN right in front of us!" There is no world in which Republicans accept a Biden win, with all this apparent election interference and lawfare happening.

So- we have an election with the genuine possibility that *neither side will accept the election no matter the outcome*, and that's a very troubling scenario.

Other than different candidates, I don't see a clear way out of this other than buckle up. 2024 is going to be fun.

To quote the Veep, "This is going to be the most election we have seen."

So Lloyd has been at Walter Reed for 4 days and the Pentagon Press are going after DoD right now for disclosures talking about a strategic failure. To be quite honest, don't worry Kathleen Hicks is just as shit at her job as Lloyd.

So Lloyd has been at Walter Reed for 4 days and the Pentagon Press are going after DoD right now for disclosures talking about a strategic failure. To be quite honest, don't worry Kathleen Hicks is just as shit at her job as Lloyd.

I saw that story, pretty fucked up across the board.

Back