Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

The media would certainly kiss her ass shamelessly. They already do.

If it came down to Trump v. a barrel of toxic waste or cancer or a horrible person I can't think of right now? The media will support anything against Trump. That should tell anyone what they need to know...whatever they think of Trump, why are the opposition and media terrified of him?

Don't vote for Trump, but for the love of whatever, ask that question.

He's done. I'm calling it now. No way he makes it to the election. No one is excited to vote for him; they will do it to vote for "not Trump" but I don't think that's going to be enough. He has enormous political baggage and he doesn't bring anything to the table that the left cares the slightest bit about.

Michelle Obama? She's black AND a woman. Double DEI credit. Her last name is "Obama." She already has a massive following. She never held office so she has little political baggage. She hates America, which appeals to certain segments of the left. My sense is that she also dislikes Israel--her husband certainly did--which is also a plus in the current political environment.

She's also a competent public speaker and she doesn't sound like a complete idiot in interviews, which is more than I can say about some other candidates.

She is a good choice for the Dems. She could win, even without the political-media complex and the deep state having their thumb on the scale.
She can't do it and would be a terrible choice, IMO.

She can't do it because she's missed filing deadlines in numerous states - many primary deadlines were late 2023. There's no provision that allows her to be directly appointed at any level. She'd be terrible for all the reasons mentioned above.

So, where does that leave the Democracts? 1. Biden 2. Robert Kennedy Jr. 3. Dean Phillips

I don't see Dems lining up behind Kennedy at all.

Bill Ackman, the powerful activist hedge fund manager of Pershing Square and the guy who led the charge to depose Harvard President Claudine Gay, has vocally thrown his support to Rep Dean Phillips (D-MN), who happens to be the Representative for my district and who has an active Presidential campaign as a Democrat. Do I think Phillips has a chance? Hell no...at least I hope not. He at least has some of the paperwork in place, but even he missed the deadline for primary filing in Nevada. His strength is that most don't know anything about him and, as a result, probably seems reasonable to some. Having him swoop in at the 11th hour might appeal to some.

We'll see.

The idea of a Biden/Trump Round 2 holds virtually no appeal to me. I want to say we deserve better, but we probably don't.

Last edited:
I’d like to know the Vegas odds for the Democrats ousting an incumbent president—even one who’s close to drool-cup stage—who has no intention of stepping down.
I mean the real problem for Democrats (and every American) is that Biden is sticking with that dipshit Harris. Based on what I observe, I don't see any way Biden finishes out a 2nd term if re-elected. Which means President Harris. FUCK NO!

She can't do it and would be a terrible choice, IMO.

She can't do it because she's missed filing deadlines in numerous states - many primary deadlines were late 2023. There's no provision that allows her to be directly appointed at any level. She'd be terrible for all the reasons mentioned above.

That is very interesting, and is something I didn't know and therefore didn't consider.

That said, the Democrats sure managed to get a lot of election laws changed right before the last election, so I wouldn't put it past them to do something this time around. I mean, other than the political prosecutions of their enemies, and hindering the prosecutions of their favored members.

Michelle Obama is gearing up for SOMETHING. She and her husband are politically adroit. No way she weighs in on this, now, without a reason.

I wonder if she gets tagged as a running mate for Biden, that would have almost the same effect as her running as prez, especially if it's with the tacit understanding that Joe steps down shortly after the election "for health reasons" and we get the first female, first black woman, president.

Now that was kind of what a lot of people thought would happen with VP Harris (and it may yet). But I think even the Democrats know what an even bigger train wreck a Harris admin would be over a Biden one.

I agree that Biden won’t make through 4 more years without some incapacitating physical event (the mental one has already happened), and somebody will have to step up. God help us if it’s the current VP.

Does the incumbent President have to keep the same VP? Replacing Harris with Michelle Obama would help him get reelected. Then when he has a stroke, she takes over.
Also, I think Michelle Obama could technically run as an "independent," she'd just have the full power and backing of the Democrat party.

Or something.

Does the incumbent President have to keep the same VP? Replacing Harris with Michelle Obama would help him get reelected. Then when he has a stroke, she takes over.

No. FDR switched to Truman in '44 (partially because of the Chicago mob...) at a time when everyone knew FDR was dying and wouldn't complete his term.

I remember a couple years ago when Madison Cawthorn told the public this shit was going on and was basically ridiculed into losing his congressional seat. Worth a watch.

Thanks Top!

This administration is HILARIOUS. You get what you vote for America!
I dunno brother, I doubt the shitheads in DC actually won the election. We're being gas lit.

That is very interesting, and is something I didn't know and therefore didn't consider.

That said, the Democrats sure managed to get a lot of election laws changed right before the last election, so I wouldn't put it past them to do something this time around. I mean, other than the political prosecutions of their enemies, and hindering the prosecutions of their favored members.

Michelle Obama is gearing up for SOMETHING. She and her husband are politically adroit. No way she weighs in on this, now, without a reason.

I wonder if she gets tagged as a running mate for Biden, that would have almost the same effect as her running as prez, especially if it's with the tacit understanding that Joe steps down shortly after the election "for health reasons" and we get the first female, first black woman, president.

Now that was kind of what a lot of people thought would happen with VP Harris (and it may yet). But I think even the Democrats know what an even bigger train wreck a Harris admin would be over a Biden one.

I did watch the West Wing a few times and pretty sure after a certain number of ballots the party delegates can kinda vote for who they want.

Was it @AWP or @amlove21 who called RDS for 2028? I think what he did here was campaign enough to raise his profile so that he's known by all of the Republican base to set up 2028 pretty nicely. I think if Trump was president it would have been a pretty sweet set up, but he's not. I'm really surprised Trump has been able to stay as relevant as he has. But I think a lot more Trump Republicans got elected with staying power unlike the Tea Party ones. But also, there was enough weird shit that happened in fall 2020 and the complete dumpster fire of the last four years that I understand how. But we're in a place where the liberal shill media will do their best to make it so you can't hear the message and run a real misinformation campaign. Good thing TV stations are affiliates and your ad buys are local and not with NBC, ABC, CBS, CW, etc.

But we're in a place where the liberal shill media will do their best to make it so you can't hear the message and run a real misinformation campaign.
This is one reason why Trump is still relevant. Most people see right through it. At the end of Trump's term, MSM was cutting him off the air mid-speech. Shit backfired.

Back