Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Sure, Trump is more competent than Biden. People in his administration were held accountable. We ran through secretaries when they failed or felt they couldn't serve. Has any of Biden's secretaries resigned, certainly none of them have been fired.

But call RDS a RINO I guess, that's fine, but what we've seen from him is someone who successfully led a state during COVID and had psychos within his state government apparatus try to take him down because they were ideologically a liberal. That person is now a convicted criminal. But he speaks well and governs well, he does pick fights with big business (hello Mouse Company) but he doesn't seem like a complete baffoon. Vivek was alright, but his complete cow tow and genuflecting straight into Trump is annoying. That was one state's process.

The GOP is really messed up. We're in a situation with a unpopular geriatric in the White House. All they need to do is put forth a competent, reasonable candidate and victory would be virtually guaranteed, probably in a landslide.

Instead, the GOP is bound and determined to make the race close, to the point there's a fair chance they may even lose. Trump isn't a particularly great conservative or Republican. Why do conservatives feel compelled to back him? I don't really get it. Very disappointing.

Now this, The GOP has been pretty trash at succession planning for awhile and also someone who could galvanize the base. Remember, Trump won because he was able to snag people who were left out in the cold by the Democratic party. He didn't do himself any favors throughout his presidency to solidify himself and he had a machine actively go after him while he was in the chair. The system hates outsiders. You know, people who haven't paid their dues by being a part of government. It's unfortunate as it means the pool of folks available for that office is shallow and good ones self select out of it because nope. The fact that we ran McCain a second time while he was basically dying of cancer is pretty bad...

I can’t stand Trump, he is just as mentally unstable as Biden…but more dangerous because people listen to him.
I can’t stand Biden, he has as much control of this nation as I do of who is and isn’t banned from this forum.

Of all the concerns affecting our country, the border issue literally keeps me up at night, with the military recruiting crisis being a very close second. Migrant after migrant terrorist after terrorist entering the country unchecked, given free transport to our most populated cities.

At some point, after they’ve organized and acquired guns (a pretty easy feat in this Nation) the fun will begin. Organized pop-up attacks, whole armies mobilizing and taking control of small cities (large cities)? Tell me why this is not a reasonable and plausible belief? If I were in charge of one of the many countries that hated the US, that’s what I’d do.

Ultimately my vote comes down to the person who I believe best represents my core beliefs. As much as I hate it, Trump is that person; I just wish it was someone else carrying that standard and not someone who will only gleefully contribute to the continued divide of this country instead of at least making a half-ass effort to represent the whole nation.

I can’t stand Trump, he is just as mentally unstable as Biden…but more dangerous because people listen to him.

He tried to start a war with Iran after the election and before Biden's inauguration. The Joint Chiefs were fine with this, even as they rolled over on COVID, the vax, CRT/ DEI, etc. I'm still trying to square all of that. Curiously, that all occurred a few months after Kushner was in the ME for several high level briefs about Iran.

If Trump let his son tweet on his behalf in the final 6 months before the election, it would be too much of a landslide for any stolen election narrative. Trump would be approaching the end of his second term right about now.

Maybe it's because Hobbs and Newsom suck. But RDS is incredible by comparison to my home state's governor and my current state's governor. Or is that an ideological bias?
Bit of both, I think. I like the way he fights the important culture war stuff and his record in the state is fantastic. He is still a politician, and they're all awful, but he isn't the worst.

I can’t stand Biden, he has as much control of this nation as I do of who is and isn’t banned from this forum.

Of all the concerns affecting our country, the border issue literally keeps me up at night, with the military recruiting crisis being a very close second. Migrant after migrant terrorist after terrorist entering the country unchecked, given free transport to our most populated cities.

At some point, after they’ve organized and acquired guns (a pretty easy feat in this Nation) the fun will begin. Organized pop-up attacks, whole armies mobilizing and taking control of small cities (large cities)? Tell me why this is not a reasonable and plausible belief? If I were in charge of one of the many countries that hated the US, that’s what I’d do.

Ultimately my vote comes down to the person who I believe best represents my core beliefs. As much as I hate it, Trump is that person; I just wish it was someone else carrying that standard and not someone who will only gleefully contribute to the continued divide of this country instead of at least making a half-ass effort to represent the whole nation.
Not sure if this goes here or the immigration thread. Also, remember when the Hunter Biden laptop was misinformation. :p;-)

1705960332361.png

If the Trump campaign had any brains, it will play the President rambling on compilations in the background of every commercial, and speeches from President Clinton talking about migrants crossing the border and taking Americans jobs way back in the 90s on repeat.

Don't even need to have coherent policies put together, just non-stop clips of things the left was saying just a few years ago about inflation, immigration, the economy, over and over and let the swing voters decide if any of it came to fruition or not.

If the Trump campaign had any brains, it will play the President rambling on compilations in the background of every commercial, and speeches from President Clinton talking about migrants crossing the border and taking Americans jobs way back in the 90s on repeat.

Don't even need to have coherent policies put together, just non-stop clips of things the left was saying just a few years ago about inflation, immigration, the economy, over and over and let the swing voters decide if any of it came to fruition or not.

Yeah, there's a wealth of material out there. Just editing strings of Biden's incoherent, incomprehensible gibberish, his aimless wanderings, stumbles, mumbles, horrifying baby nuzzling...a marketing dream for the opposition.

Interesting is that Nikki Hayley has suspended her campaign, if I’m reading the tea leaves right. Which means she’s not out of it, maybe waiting for an ‘October Surprise’ like Trump is convicted.
As for Sleepy Joe, his best bet is to win & get a decent VP, sorta a 2IC who can do stuff, like Dick Cheney who had more input than just waking up & making sure the President wasn’t dead.

Interesting is that Nikki Hayley has suspended her campaign, if I’m reading the tea leaves right. Which means she’s not out of it, maybe waiting for an ‘October Surprise’ like Trump is convicted.
As for Sleepy Joe, his best bet is to win & get a decent VP, sorta a 2IC who can do stuff, like Dick Cheney who had more input than just waking up & making sure the President wasn’t dead.

The wife’s got me hooked on SkyNews Australia because of the hilarious commentaries on Biden…plus they show all the dementia clips the US media buries.

Yeah, this will become a "never Trump" shitfest with no solutions provided, only "don't vote for Trump". 2024 is going to be wild.

These establishment elitists do not want the people to decide who will be POTUS. Shitbags want the candidate who'll play their fuck-fuck games so they can all prosper while we suck wind. This isn't to say Trump is our savior, but we should decide who is POTUS. That's not happening.

I have not seen where she has suspended her campaign. Though I do think it's a matter of time. I think she is circling her wagons around the South Carolina primary and won't make any formal decisions until after.

I think she's mad. She's determined to be and thinks she is entitled to be POTUS. She's propped up by the globalists, media, and establishment elite and hanging in there to see if Trump can be stopped somehow and then she'll be low hanging fruit. The media wants war and place their bets on her. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think she's mad. She's determined to be and thinks she is entitled to be POTUS. She's propped up by the globalists, media, and establishment elite and hanging in there to see if Trump can be stopped somehow and then she'll be low hanging fruit. The media wants war and place their bets on her. Maybe I'm wrong.

She polls....interestingly. She was strong with women in Iowa, but lost a lot of women to Trump in NH. I think the media thinks that Republicans want to go back to same-same and establishment. Call it MAGA, call it rebranding, call it what you want, but I think Republicans still want a change from the status quo of establishment politicians, of which she is one.

I heard an interesting take, that she will try to hang on and maintain some relevance to either force a contested convention, or be there in October for any 'October Surprise.'

Back