Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Was it @AWP or @amlove21 who called RDS for 2028?

I did, not sure about amlove, but I didn't expect RDS to run this year when I posted that however long ago. I distinctly recall me saying RDS would sit this one out, but 4-5 months later he proved me wrong.

I've seen folks say a lot of 2024 is Casey's doing, she pushed Ron into it, blah, blah. Look, the lady was barely smart enough to be a traffic reporter for WJXT in Jacksonville. Her "stage" presence was poor, she seemed confused half of the time, and was a general train wreck to watch. However, even Sloth Fratelli had some ambition...I think it is a combo of his ego and her, whatever bounces around in her head. Imagine a woman who can barely do the traffic on a mid-market local TV station pulling the strings of a Harvard-educated lawyer.

I did, not sure about amlove, but I didn't expect RDS to run this year when I posted that however long ago. I distinctly recall me saying RDS would sit this one out, but 4-5 months later he proved me wrong.

I've seen folks say a lot of 2024 is Casey's doing, she pushed Ron into it, blah, blah. Look, the lady was barely smart enough to be a traffic reporter for WJXT in Jacksonville. Her "stage" presence was poor, she seemed confused half of the time, and was a general train wreck to watch. However, even Sloth Fratelli had some ambition...I think it is a combo of his ego and her, whatever bounces around in her head. Imagine a woman who can barely do the traffic on a mid-market local TV station pulling the strings of a Harvard-educated lawyer.
Same from me. I do think he's a great governor (as in, he governs well) but this year was not his political timing. Reminds me of Chris Christie missing his best shot at the big seat. Right guy right platform wrong timing.

The Republican nominee is now, and will forever be, Donald J. Trump.

Same from me. I do think he's a great governor (as in, he governs well) but this year was not his political timing. Reminds me of Chris Christie missing his best shot at the big seat. Right guy right platform wrong timing.

The Republican nominee is now, and will forever be, Donald J. Trump.
Maybe it's because Hobbs and Newsom suck. But RDS is incredible by comparison to my home state's governor and my current state's governor. Or is that an ideological bias?

The GOP is really messed up. We're in a situation with a unpopular geriatric in the White House. All they need to do is put forth a competent, reasonable candidate and victory would be virtually guaranteed, probably in a landslide.

Instead, the GOP is bound and determined to make the race close, to the point there's a fair chance they may even lose. Trump isn't a particularly great conservative or Republican. Why do conservatives feel compelled to back him? I don't really get it. Very disappointing.

So Nikki Haley talks about how she was born "brown" and grew up a brown girl and you have a bunch of Trump stan accounts attacking her. He skin is fair because she has recessive genes. Her parents are relatively dark and so are her siblings. Her children have dark skin and would be pretty common in India. I guess people think everyone in India is dark. But it's a country of a billion and a half people and the skin complexion is an extremely wide spectrum.

It's like people just joined politics in 2023. She has been a very proud woman of Indian descent for a long time. I've known she was Indian since she was governor of South Carolina. She's it even mixed race, so for her to say she experienced racism and people attack her for it is wild.

So Nikki Haley talks about how she was born "brown" and grew up a brown girl and you have a bunch of Trump stan accounts attacking her. He skin is fair because she has recessive genes. Her parents are relatively dark and so are her siblings. Her children have dark skin and would be pretty common in India. I guess people think everyone in India is dark. But it's a country of a billion and a half people and the skin complexion is an extremely wide spectrum.

It's like people just joined politics in 2023. She has been a very proud woman of Indian descent for a long time. I've known she was Indian since she was governor of South Carolina. She's it even mixed race, so for her to say she experienced racism and people attack her for it is wild.

Democrats are going after her too, our society is gatekeeping race and ethnicity. "You aren't x enough to have suffered". WTF, people.

All they need to do is put forth a competent, reasonable candidate

Trump has proven he's competent but that's another discussion. Maybe I feel like the others, IDK, but the reason I support Trump is because I don't want their version of reasonable. Their "reasonable" is to go back to raking the American tax payer and creating new wars to get stupid rich. I think Haley and probably DeSantis are uniparty, establishment career politicians and that's no longer what people want. If that's not what people want, they shouldn't settle and should take the chance. Trump may be an asshole, but I don't give a fuck anymore as long as he is getting after it like he did in his last term. I vote on issues, not personality. I'm cynical but convinced they're all assholes but some just hide it. It's just my (unpopular here) opinion, but the majority of Americans do not want to go back to the pre-Trump republican party, which was just the other wing of the uniparty. I could've been on board with Vivek, but Trump has a proven record. I also think that Trump can win via electoral, because I'm not sure he didn't win the last election, and I think enough people now see the media bias and that Biden is incompetent. This is just a view from a Trump supporter, take it FWIW.

From my outsider view, all the criticism of Trump is still based off the lies coming from Hillary Clinton, supported by Obama. I've lost count of how many people still believe he's a Russian puppet. Trump would have been more successful if he didn't spend his whole presidency fighting the establishment based off bullshit.
Just like in Canada, the bureaucracy needs to be culled. So many that are supposed to be bipartisan, use their positions to support Democrat's and Liberal's.

many that are supposed to be bipartisan, use their positions to support Democrat's and Liberal's.
The media here is so fucking corrupt. They are pushing even our Republican candidate. They so obviously want Nikki Haley, which is why I don't. I've mentioned it, but people wonder why Trump is still relevent...it's because the media hates on him 24/7 and don't even try to hide their biases.

I will vote for Trump if he is the Republican nominee (and he will be). I would vote for DeSantis if he was the nominee. Or Haley. Or Box or AWP or your mom.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. If the opposition saw his as merely an incompetent boob they would not have forced a million lawsuits and energized the intelligence community or made up a fake dossier about Russian collusion. They would just run their guy, comfortable that they'd win.

But they HATE Trump, they are scared of him for...reasons...To paraphrase Bill Clinton, there is some 'there' there.

Last edited:
I will vote for Trump if he is the Republican nominee (and he will be). I would vote for DeSantis if he was the nominee. Or Haley. Or Box or AWP or your mom.

do NOT vote for me - no way no how
I promise that I will abuse my power to the greatest degree humanly possible. I will overtly use my position to enrich and reward my family and friends.
I will make Sean Hannity my Press Secretary.
My cabinet will be filled with people like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter, Mike Flynn (because the left hates him), Donald Trump Jr (because the left hates him), Vivek Ramaswamy, and the Ghost of Rush Limbaugh.
My campaign slogan will be, "Here's to you and here's to me, the best of friends we'll ever be, but if we ever disagree, to hell with you and here's to me."
...heavy emphasis on the "Cheers to Me"

I will intentionally bring havoc to the entire planet in a way that guarantees that my name will live on forever...
...in infamy if need be
...so be it

I say again - DO NOT vote for me.

Well...
...you really shouldn't push the big red button.

It's been in ALL the movies - it always turns out bad.
Always.

Don't push the big red button; don't put Box in the white House.
Two easy rules to live by.

For the record @AWP will also be offered a very lucrative and easily exploitable position in my cabinet should I win.
Could I get a position as well?

I can be your Kamala Harris - dumb as rocks and I won't really do anything - even if you give me an important responsibility, but I'm happy to travel around the country as a complete freeloader and cackle at my own nonsense. I'd be your insurance policy.

Back