Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Yeah, the primary of one's own state is a good barometer. It's a matter of time until she drops. Then here's the million dollar question: will she support Trump and ask her supporters to support Trump? He really needs the endorsement, especially from the women.
I think DeSantis did the right thing. If he goes back to Florida and continues to govern like a boss, at least amicably supports Trump, and doesn't show any bitterness, he can be POTUS someday.

I think DeSantis did the right thing. If he goes back to Florida and continues to govern like a boss, at least amicably supports Trump, and doesn't show any bitterness, he can be POTUS someday.

I agree, especially if when his time comes Trump supports him.

There is no love lost, I think when he dropped he said he was only supporting Trump because of the good of the party and Republicans need to be unified. If Trump can do the same in 4 years I think he'll be hugely popular.

Which ties in to my earlier post about him not running this year, Casey's influence, etc. I think he's astute enough to know this wasn't his year, yet he ran? A practice run for 2028, maybe? Name recognition outside of Florida?

I don't know, his run this year didn't feel like it was real, it felt like a training exercise...and maybe that was the goal.

This doesn't bode well for Trump, even with Dem imposters included in the poll. I said it repeatedly in earlier posts...

1706134793668.png

Last edited:
America is the weakest it has been in my adult life, in every way that actually matters. Diplomatically, information, military, economic... and that's just internationally. We are also super weak domestically. The circling sharks smell blood in the water, and they will bite off increasingly large bites of American people and interests until they learn to fear us again.

"We need a bigger boat."

We're weak as can be. We're not even delivering our aid to Ukraine at the previous turtle pace anymore. But the sheep will vote for a democrat.

Well, this is definitely not the way to unite the GOP behind one candidate.

Truth Social

These types of things are what really annoy me about Trump. These are the types of things that cause people to say f*&k it, and stay at home on election day.

We know how close 2020 was in terms of votes, so why go out of your way to alienate a segment of voters who may have been on the fence? I want Biden out of the WH, and this doesn't help get us to that end state.

Well, this is definitely not the way to unite the GOP behind one candidate.

Truth Social

These types of things are what really annoy me about Trump. These are the types of things that cause people to say f*&k it, and stay at home on election day.

We know how close 2020 was in terms of votes, so why go out of your way to alienate a segment of voters who may have been on the fence? I want Biden out of the WH, and this doesn't help get us to that end state.
I agree but... he's not wrong.

^ This is one reason I believe elections are probably rigged. Because who the fuck would vote for her? 🙄
Probably the thousands upon thousands of Somalia’s that Minnesota has literally… And I know how to use the word literally… Imported in to Minneapolis.

Is Minnesota home to the largest number of Somali Americans in the country? | MinnPost

86k as of 2023.
Eighty-six-thousand in Minnesota alone.

Wouldn’t bug me even a bit if the majority of them made a half assed effort to assimilate to American culture, but no, they’ve tried to turn Minneapolis into their own little version of Somalia. Sorry, that’s not how it’s supposed to work, at least in the world that I want to live.

Whatever.

The last time around I think the left had the momentum from the BLM riots and COVID. Trump can be sitting in federal prison somewhere and I think the price of gas and cereal gives him the momentum this time around. As much as I want a normal R to be running, or really some independent that isn't as polarizing, I'll talk all types of shit then go pull the lever for Trump.

I think a lot of the mail in ballots and busses to polling places aren't even going to get the ridership they did last time.

Probably the thousands upon thousands of Somalia’s that Minnesota has literally… And I know how to use the word literally… Imported in to Minneapolis.

Is Minnesota home to the largest number of Somali Americans in the country? | MinnPost

86k as of 2023.
Eighty-six-thousand in Minnesota alone.

Wouldn’t bug me even a bit if the majority of them made a half assed effort to assimilate to American culture, but no, they’ve tried to turn Minneapolis into their own little version of Somalia. Sorry, that’s not how it’s supposed to work, at least in the world that I want to live.

I see FOB Somalis everyday at work, dozens of families a week. Columbus has about the same as Minneapolis, slightly less I hear. From my personal observation, the vast majority are polite and well mannered people. Their kids are some of the most well behaved. HOWEVER, I'm under no impression that as a group they bring a lot to the table in the U.S. Call that what you want. I still remember "Osama Bin Laden is my Hero" painted on a shitty apartment complex wall near my work. That was before 9/11.... A few jihads all fucked up on that khat car jacked a Jaguar SUV from a dealership, robbed a bank on the other side of town, then shot a cop during the getaway last year. They caught one at home, and another at ORD catching a plane to Turkey. I can tell you from first hand experience from standing at or near a clinic registration desk, almost all of them are on damn medicaid or whatever and have like 4 or more kids. No jive, no agenda, just real life observation.

Back