Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

H-o-l-y crap.

The President just held an "emergency"/impromptu press conference to respond to the special prosecutors comments about his memory and made a bad situation even worse. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea for him to do? The thing is, Republicans can't push too hard because we have nearly a year left and NO ONE wants President Harris.

What will the Dems do? Is this part of their plan? There's no way they can continue to back Biden as a candidate in 2024. Who will be the anointed one? Newsom?..
God help us all.

The thing is, Republicans can't push too hard because we have nearly a year left and NO ONE wants President Harris.

I do. People need to see and feel the outcome of their decisions. The storm always gets worse before it gets better and this one hasn't reached landfall yet.

Is this part of their plan?

I do. People need to see and feel the outcome of their decisions. The storm always gets worse before it gets better and this one hasn't reached landfall yet.

Only thing that matters to the Democrats is keeping the 🍊 out so they can continue to push their globalist agenda. It doesn't matter who's in charge as long as it's not that dirty America first, Nationalist Donald Trump.

Serious questions: What if Biden dies or is removed from office? Harris takes over, sure, but what happens to the election in Nov.? It is postponed, do they nominate someone to run against Trump...

Serious questions: What if Biden dies or is removed from office? Harris takes over, sure, but what happens to the election in Nov.? It is postponed, do they nominate someone to run against Trump...

I think there would be a great sigh of relief in many quarters of the Democratic Party if Biden buys the farm. And if so, I think they’ll put all their money on Harris as the potential first woman President etc. As VP she’ll have a leg up on any potential rivals…and the only one I can think of is that fruitbat from CA.

Only six months until the convention.

Last edited:
fruitbat from CA.
He has great hair, though.

Candidate Newsom is inevitable and I wouldn't rule out that he'll eventually be POTUS. It doesn't matter to the flock. Knowing what they know, or don't know, they'll still vote for him. Hillary was all out there, but for whatever reason, she almost became POTUS. Knuckleheads like Bill Maher pushing Newsom w/o being able to make the case.

This stuff used to be pretty cut and dry, but that was before the weirdness of the last couple elections and insurrections and mentally defected presidents.

I have no idea what happens if Trump is DQ'd, legally or otherwise. I 'think' #2 on the ballots would by default become #1.

Newsome cannot run this year because he missed all of the filing deadlines; however, I suppose they could do a huge, massive, orchestrated write-in campaign with his name. I don't know.

All I DO know is the entertainment value of this election just keeps getting better and better, and we're still nine months away from the election.

This stuff used to be pretty cut and dry, but that was before the weirdness of the last couple elections and insurrections and mentally defected presidents
Historically, the closest to this crazy we've had was probably when Nixon resigned and Ford then became president? Ford then ran in 76 and lost to Carter. Yes it was pretty cut and dry. But that was then.

If Biden is out, and he has to be, the dynamic changes completely. It's no longer two old octogenarian (or close enough) vying for office, which many don't want.

Harris can't even be in the real discussion, yet, there she is. At the same time, if this goes down, Trump can't and shouldn't be the GOP candidate either. And, yet, as pointed out above, only Nicki Haley remains -- she isn't strong enough to win either. Doubtful Trump would beat a younger Dem candidate, aside from maybe Harris. It was going to be close with Biden, if he stayed in, only because of Biden's issues.

Really don't where this leads, but the press questions to that dipshit KJP should be lit today.

Historically, the closest to this crazy we've had was probably when Nixon resigned and Ford then became president? Ford then ran in 76 and lost to Carter. Yes it was pretty cut and dry. But that was then.

In 'recent' memory, that and Bush V Gore. Historically there were some whoppers...Jefferson v Adams, etc. You know the founding fathers never, ever, envisioned any of this (though Washington did talk about the dangers of political parties).

If Biden is out, and he has to be, the dynamic changes completely. It's no longer two old octogenarian (or close enough) vying for office, which many don't want.

Harris can't even be in the real discussion, yet, there she is. At the same time, if this goes down, Trump can't and shouldn't be the GOP candidate either. And, yet, as pointed out above, only Nicki Haley remains -- she isn't strong enough to win either. Doubtful Trump would beat a younger Dem candidate, aside from maybe Harris. It was going to be close with Biden, if he stayed in, only because of Biden's issues.

Really don't where this leads, but the press questions to that dipshit KJP should be lit today.

I tell my wife there is no point in talking about the way things should be, because it doesn't change the way things are.

There is a growing chance, a reasonable chance, that Trump and/or Biden won't be there in November. Nine months to go with a man with how many lawsuits and a man the DOJ said is a mental defective.

Trump gone, it's Haley. Biden gone, it's Harris. There there are 3rd parties...Kennedy, really, who could throw some votes one way or the other. May as well throw West and Stein in the garbage.

...it was not Maher's finest moment. He was rude, defensive, arrogant, and childish all the way through.
He has ALWAYS been a rude, defensive, arrogant liberal - he just toned it down a little when his OWN rights were endangered by the Holy Church of COVID.
He has ALWAYS been and ALWAYS will be - nothing more (or nothing less) than Bill Maher, the rude, defensive, arrogant liberal.

Who needs a 25th amendment or primaries when we can just have duels?
You can argue that Trump is 77 years old, maybe out of touch a bit with 2024, but if you're watching you know that he currently is not lacking any mental capacity or energy. You can argue he's chaotic and I can see a legit concern that he's not getting any younger. But Biden seems to be declining rapidly before our eyes. I'd like to see a younger, slightly less pompous version of Trump myself. DeSantis was close but too establishment for me. In the end we are given two choices and Biden has left the building.

Last edited:
Back