Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

@AWP hit the nail on the head.

I didn't bother watching either, @Box for two reasons- I don't care and every clip of him arguing with the "moderator" who actually was just there to argue with Trump, not let anyone in the audience ask questions (the point of a town hall) and the breathless reporting after is going to be clipped in 30-90 second videos everywhere on the internet, time now.

I watched it.

Some liberals are fired up, calling for CNN CEO to be fired over the Trump townhall. I like his response. Basically saying that you may not like Trump, but its CNN's job to cover him because he's a presidential candidate. Really? I think the old CNN would've cut away. And, I agree that Kaitlin Collins was tough, and good and if you are a lefty you'd probably like her. IDK, maybe there is hope for journalism.

CNN CEO: “America Was Served Very Well” by Trump Town Hall, Backlash “Absolutely Expected”

Last edited:
I just want to know when Uncle Joe is going to do one of those with a politically hostile emcee...
...not gonna hold my breath to see a simialr event focusing on Joe Biden, "but if someone was going to ask tough questions and have that messy conversation, it damn well should be on CNN.
When will they ask Trump what flavor ice cream is his favorite?

I just want to know when Uncle Joe is going to do one of those with a politically hostile emcee...
...not gonna hold my breath to see a simialr event focusing on Joe Biden, "but if someone was going to ask tough questions and have that messy conversation, it damn well should be on CNN.

DNC said there will be no primary debates against Biden. They have made it absolutely clear he is not to be challenged. Funnily...this did not happen under Obama. Someone needs to break ranks and primary him.

Fact Check: Do Democrats plan to "cancel" presidential primary debates?

Marianne Williamson knocks DNC over lack of debates as Biden campaign launch nears

Democrats rip DNC for not holding 2024 primary debates: 'Robs the voters'

Elon Musk rips DNC for not holding primary debates, coronating Biden: 'Too much back room dealing'

Why does the POTUS need to be bothered with debates when it is the national media doing all the debating in the first place?

Its just a matter of jealoously - some of you folks are probably eating a stupid ice cream flavor and mama always said, 'stupid ice is as stupid ice cream does'

Why does the POTUS need to be bothered with debates when it is the national media doing all the debating in the first place?

Its just a matter of jealoously - some of you folks are probably eating a stupid ice cream flavor and mama always said, 'stupid ice is as stupid ice cream does'
Your ice cream flavor is racist.

Signed,

Unilever err Ben and Jerry's.

Tie to this thread: CA gov Gavin Newsome is a potential frontrunner for the Democrat party if President Biden doesn't run.

Gov. Newsom announces $32 billion budget deficit, $10 billion more than previously estimated

"We have a $31.5 billion challenge, which is well within the margin of expectation and well within our capacity to address," Newsom said.

:-o

bro, you EXPECTED a $32 billion-with-a-B deficit? Maybe, I don't know... do something about it?

Well I'm glad to know that they're taking steps to address it, like:

California reparations will cost hundreds of billions

California taxpayers fleeing the state in droves

Tie to this thread: CA gov Gavin Newsome is a potential frontrunner for the Democrat party if President Biden doesn't run.

Gov. Newsom announces $32 billion budget deficit, $10 billion more than previously estimated

bro, you EXPECTED a $32 billion-with-a-B deficit? Maybe, I don't know... do something about it?

Didn't they just have a surplus? Wild how they govern through referenda...

Insanity.

The cnbc article is from 2018. It details the single year in which the California population didn’t grow over the 10 years from 2011 to 2021. Gavin Newsome wasn’t even the Governor when that was written.

California population by year, county, race, & more

As for reparations. That was a committee vote. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a popular vote referendum. California is a weird state and can be a true democracy at times. It doesn’t take many votes to get things passed or overturned.

The cnbc article is from 2018. It details the single year in which the California population didn’t grow over the 10 years from 2011 to 2021. Gavin Newsome wasn’t even the Governor when that was written.

California population by year, county, race, & more

As for reparations. That was a committee vote. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a popular vote referendum. California is a weird state and can be a true democracy at times. It doesn’t take many votes to get things passed or overturned.
Population is again down:

California’s population is still shrinking. These Bay Area counties lost people.

Back