Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Term limits, just like the damn presidency.

Some people are still sharp in old age, but I think there has to be a cap. Mental fitness tests can and have been fudged but an age limit can't. The geezers we currently have in government, on both sides of the isle, are certainly making a solid case for age limits and/ or term limits. They will not vote themselves out of office, only for another pay raise.

A traffic judge in Illinois overrode the board of elections and removed Trump from the ballot citing 14th amendment violations. This will be fun to watch.
Isn't the Left the side that is always complaining about "voter suppression?" It doesn't get more "suppressive" than "we won't even allow your guy to be on the ballot."

Some people are still sharp in old age, but I think there has to be a cap. Mental fitness tests can and have been fudged but an age limit can't. The geezers we currently have in government, on both sides of the isle, are certainly making a solid case for age limits and/ or term limits. They will not vote themselves out of office, only for another pay raise.

Age limits I don't believe in, and maybe even more than 3-4 terms. But these lifetime leeches are a yuge part of the problem.

Well in a normal system the collective intelligence of the voting public would be sufficient to handle these problematic scenarios.

I read a post on another board during the Obama years that stuck with me, the makers are becoming outnumbered by the takers. We are close to that tipping point now in a way. Regardless of politics, one side which roughly represents workers and earners that roughly want gov't out of the way, and an opposing, roughly more charitable side, which roughly wants more rules for everybody's lives and their efforts crowdsourced by roughly those with bigger incomes.

Past few Presidential elections have been decided 49.5%/50.5%. When it comes to political PSYOPS, left kicks the right's ass in every way. Look no further than the current President for all the evidence you need. Rant over.

I read today that a case involving voting fraud in Pennsylvania went to the folks bringing on the fraud case, and SCOTUS is going to hear Trump's case re: Jack Smith and immunity, possibly pushing any potential decision or case until after the election.

SCOTUS 9-0 that Trump stays on ballot. Although I am pleased with the outcome, especially that it was unanimous, I thought it was the only logical outcome.

Yes, this is not a Trump win, but a win for democracy....States cannot control who can hold federal offices. It was the only legal and logical outcome.

Sets the stage for any arguments in the future.

Yes, this is not a Trump win, but a win for democracy....States cannot control who can hold federal offices. It was the only legal and logical outcome.

Sets the stage for any arguments in the future.

Twitter is exploding, the left are in meltdown. As far as they are concerned SCOTUS is now illegitimate. I am am as biased as the next guy for 'my' party/candidate/politician, whatever, but they are convinced that the law is on their side.

Back