Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear to everyone that President Biden shouldn't be the Democrat's nominee, and that if remains that way, he has virtually no chance of winning against Trump. So, a couple of options for Democrats, assuming President Biden drops out and President Trump stays in the race:

1) Pick a different nominee, someone who can supercharge the Democrat party. Someone like Michelle Obama.
2) Have President Biden step down, for "health reasons" or to "spend more time with family," whatever, and let VP Harris serve out the rest of his term. She'll get slaughtered in the general election, but the Democrats get to have the first female president, and it protects whomever the Democrats want to run in the next cycle.
3) Run whomever they want to be successful in the next cycle, knowing they won't win, to give them public face time and fundraising $$$, and allow them to spend the next four years leading the Orange Man Bad effort.

I think it's pretty clear to everyone that President Biden shouldn't be the Democrat's nominee, and that if remains that way, he has virtually no chance of winning against Trump. So, a couple of options for Democrats, assuming President Biden drops out and President Trump stays in the race:

1) Pick a different nominee, someone who can supercharge the Democrat party. Someone like Michelle Obama.
2) Have President Biden step down, for "health reasons" or to "spend more time with family," whatever, and let VP Harris serve out the rest of his term. She'll get slaughtered in the general election, but the Democrats get to have the first female president, and it protects whomever the Democrats want to run in the next cycle.
3) Run whomever they want to be successful in the next cycle, knowing they won't win, to give them public face time and fundraising $$$, and allow them to spend the next four years leading the Orange Man Bad effort.

They can't do number 1 until number 2 happens. He's their guy unless he chooses to drop out, dies, or they invoke 25A.

Michelle Obama is a non-starter. How do they explain leap-frogging Kamala, the sitting VP, even if they don't like her?

I'm also not so sure Michelle is as popular as some people think. Then there's the fact she really hasn't stated any policy positions. It'd just be too contrived and divisive.

The Obamas are like the Clintons and that's not appealing to many. Barack is probably calling the shots right now anyway:

If the Dems go the replacement route, and I don't think they will, it would be Newsom and given his policies in CA, he'd get destroyed as well.

Last edited:
It's a complicated situation, especially since it does not appear that President Biden has any intention of stepping down. I think we are looking at a repeat of what happened with Justice Ginsberg. It seems unlikely that the party will move to replace Biden against his wishes.

Just a few points...

I will never tire of political hypocrisy - in fact,I flavor my coffee with the sweet sweet taste of hypocrisy.

That being said - it doesn't matter what the debates look like - it doesn't matter what the supreme court says - Joe Biden is going to win in a landslide, and the establishment is either sending Trump to jail, or feeding him some bad guacamole so he shits himself on camera before he can unseat Joe Biden.
Besides, if Trump gets back in the white house - he's going to order SEAL Team 6 to kill his political opponents...
...because a seated supreme court justice said so
...in her formal dissent to a supreme court decision
...one of the most formal and intentional comments that a supreme court justice can make

This nation has become a bad comedy skit from an obscure episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse and nobody seems to notice - and nobody seems to care.

Biden/Harris in 2024...
Prep for it.
Expect it.

Don't let it surprise you the way that Joe Biden's performance at the last debate "surprised" an entire nation that is used to seeing a man that is "sharp, focused, and on point"

President Joe Biden is sharp, he's focused, and he's on point.
Donald Trump is a fascist.
...oh and he's a convicted felon - I almost forgot to add that talking point.
...harrumph harrumph harrumph
...harrumph

President Joe Biden is sharp, he's focused, and he's on point but Donald Trump is a fascist and a convicted felon !!!

Last edited:
It's a complicated situation, especially since it does not appear that President Biden has any intention of stepping down. I think we are looking at a repeat of what happened with Justice Ginsberg. It seems unlikely that the party will move to replace Biden against his wishes.
This is something that's been a very common warning in leftist circles since Biden got in office. The DNC has a very bad habit of holding onto power even when the negative effects are written on the wall.
If RGB had step down the court would (likely) not be as one-sided as it currently is.
If Biden steps down there's a chance Trump doesn't win in the general election. Harris is a dummy, but so are most Americans voting. Trump's flaws reflect off a younger minority woman a bit better than the do an old man staring into a camera while he shits his pants.

This is something that's been a very common warning in leftist circles since Biden got in office. The DNC has a very bad habit of holding onto power even when the negative effects are written on the wall.
If RGB had step down the court would (likely) not be as one-sided as it currently is.
If Biden steps down there's a chance Trump doesn't win in the general election. Harris is a dummy, but so are most Americans voting. Trump's flaws reflect off a younger minority woman a bit better than the do an old man staring into a camera while he shits his pants.
And thank God for that.

I seem to remember a major line from the “Defend the Biden Crime Family At all Costs” folks to be “Who cares if Hunter has all these problems! Hunter isn’t running for president.”

Yeah but he’s got unfettered access to the White House, the President’s ear, and is being included in conversations that he’s got no business weighing in on.

Other than the super obvious “You raised a whole family of degenerates” beef, I guess I just don’t want a crack addled human trafficking advocate to be able to convince the president (who has oatmeal for brains) of anything.

So the White House that promotes gun control and calls Trump a felon has an "advisor" who is a felon because of illegal gun ownership?

Ig6gBnL8iuHagJdiVPZGhPGOg6EyB_C7Af_GKAba3Xlob1cUPKf7t52WQ5CgHYRBEMnpoRwnxmk-ECNSsqi1l2SFIlvdz1Dy7SxfjcY

Assuming the elections are secure, Newsom would lose. But he'd still win the lib states easily. He has great hair, and he's not Trump.
I’m not sure how he would fare honestly. He probably has the biggest name brand recognition of all the suggested step in candidates aside from the vice president who isn’t doing much better than the president in the polls. I think people are either for or against President Trump. The question is how many of those people actually cast their votes. I don’t think the current President inspired many people to show up at the polls after that last debate. A younger and more liberal candidate could rally the base more effectively. The media could reinvent how his policies affected California easily enough.

Back