Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Any word on motive or if this "registered Republican" shooter was active in politics?
I can say he was not in my Republican Committee. But personally based upon my friend's experiences and witness statements, the question that needs to be answered was how did this apparent "nobody" get to where he got and was able to take that many shots before they smoked him. I've seen some pictures as I am sure many of you have as well. The kid ended up needing a lot of dental work. Does it make me feel any better? Not in the least.

I'm not going to shit on the SS at all. From the videos it looks like they responded as fast as humanly possible given the scenario. Why it took minutes for a response to the people reporting the shooter on the roof is another question, but were they communicating directly with police/SS? It sounded like witnesses were flailing their arms pointing out the roof to perimeter security looking from afar through binos.

As for the counter sniper team, guy was propped up on the tripod, scanning, then took the shooter out within seconds. If he heard incoming rounds and started to duck that's a perfectly normal response. If he was the one that took the guy out, then that is a much better response.

DOS high threat quals give 2 seconds to put 2 shots on standing man sized a target 9 ft away. That sniper took out a shooter in the prone 130m away in about 4 seconds. Keep in mind the guys around the stage would have been focused on the crowd the whole time.

Crazy, random thought:

Have we considered this isn't a political act, but a crazy bastard trying to "be remembered" for something?

"They didn't pay attention to me, but they will now" kind of shit?

It could just be that simple.

It's one of the reasons I was joking about Hinckley.

Even if it comes out the kid was targeting him because "Trump was on Epstein’s island drink adrenechrome out of babies" that's not sane person politics.

Probably a stupid question but a serious one: If USSS and local/federal police could not be on every rooftop with a line of sight to the dais, have they not heard of drones to keep an eye on things? Or radios to alert each other when someone has a red-headed guy with a koozie walk up and report a non-official gun on a roof?

Probably a stupid question but a serious one: If USSS and local/federal police could not be on every rooftop with a line of sight to the dais, have they not heard of drones to keep an eye on things? Or radios to alert each other when someone has a red-headed guy with a koozie walk up and report a non-official gun on a roof?

My only thought is there's a difference in the level of protection offered to a former president/candidate than a sitting president.

I feel like this is indicative of hiring practices. Next couple days probably won't be kind to the USSS

View attachment 45270
Shotgun nobody opinion based on the assumptions of the photo and context: Fear is a natural reaction and engrained human trait for self preservation, discipline under SOPs in scenario based training develops skills and reactions more appropriate then doing the job under real stress. Only fire really forges the sword.

My only thought is there's a difference in the level of protection offered to a former president/candidate than a sitting president.
It will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out. I was listening to a show today where they were talking about how some candidates request less ‘detail’ so that they can have better access to the crowds than what they’d get if they had a full detail. Meanwhile RFK Jr. has had multiple requests for a detail of any size, denied.

It will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out. I was listening to a show today where they were talking about how some candidates request less ‘detail’ so that they can have better access to the crowds than what they’d get if they had a full detail. Meanwhile RFK Jr. has had multiple requests for a detail of any size, denied.

I've been party to a President Clinton visit and two Barack Obama visits, and later when I have time I will share the utter microscopic level of preparation that went into those. But those were sitting presidents.

As I understand it, the principal always has some latitude on pushing down security for the event in order to be accessible to the crowd.

Security does not always override what the principal wants.

As for RFK Jr, I think if you are a nominee, period, you should have some level of protection.

I think the folks at the USSS did they best they could with what they had at the moment and responded in that second. There's a lot of hate out there and armchair quarterbacking happening. We all know everytime we do a real operation and or we have an abhorrent circumstance we make mistakes. I've heard from friends today the sniper screwed up; they did do this and they didn't do that...most of them have no idea what they would do, who was in charge, and told them what, how they were deployed and who was responsible for what. People need to step back and take a breath, unless you're on the ground, know everything and in that spot you don't know phuck all. Give the guys a break we weren't on the TOP or hearing what they did. These guys are gonna be pointed at, railed, and blamed now for all this and subject in questioning through the investigation for months. Every political hack and hater is gonna be on them, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Just saying

Respectfully

Shotgun nobody opinion based on the assumptions of the photo and context: Fear is a natural reaction and engrained human trait for self preservation, discipline under SOPs in scenario based training develops skills and reactions more appropriate then doing the job under real stress. Only fire really forges the sword.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the point of training is to disconnect from taking the wrong reaction in the event and mindlessly going through the moves. The other guys had no problem dogpiling. We do battle drills for a reason.

Still just one photo though, and might not be indicative of anything specific.

Back