Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

I'll play devil's advocate here. Under that much stress, with the adrenaline, probably for the very first time in their lives, it's difficult to work through.
The question I have is why did she pull her piece to begin with...as she moves with the former president to the vehicle, her piece is holstered....once he's inside the Suburban, she pulls her piece, only to immediately try to reholster it...what threat did she see for that microsecond? I get the fact that being shot at can be a bit discomforting for most normal folks, but she seemed way out of her element and comfort zone to me...

Reading this thread and similar on a couple other forums, these are my thoughts.

The SS has been asking for additional personnel for a while now, which was denied. They were operating with a skeleton crew. They were also working with a variety of other local and federal LE departments.

They train in this frequently, but never had to actually do this.

I recall what Chesty Sullenberger said about the FAA investigation into his flight after looking at all the evidence and coming up with the conclusion he could have made it back to an airport: they (FAA) removed the human factor. Sure, they were trained. But when it really happens, you don't know how many threats there are, you hear the screaming, you probably have stimulation overload, you have an adrenaline dump. These are the human factors.

Out of their comfort zone? I imagine, yes.

I recall what Chesty Sullenberger said about the FAA investigation into his flight after looking at all the evidence and coming up with the conclusion he could have made it back to an airport: they (FAA) removed the human factor. Sure, they were trained. But when it really happens, you don't know how many threats there are, you hear the screaming, you probably have stimulation overload, you have an adrenaline dump. These are the human factors.

Out of their comfort zone? I imagine, yes.

Remember too they ran the simulator 14 times I think with only one successful landing using a crew who knew the scenario and failed it several times before. When they re-run and re-run the scenario, all of the players will have time to think about what they did, so the unblinking eye of the camera could be a good thing for the agents...assuming they don't quit or are reassigned.

I cannot stop thinking about the SS woman who could not holster her weapon and in a longer version of that same video, she (and one other) had seemingly no clue what she was supposed to be doing or where she was supposed to be. I was embarrassed for her, I’m sure the after action reviews will not be kind.

I believe…

That the average person believes the men/women of action should respond/react like we see in the movies and on TV. (In the Line of Fire comes to mind)

That the average person believes the men/women of Government should respond/react like we see in the movies and on TV. (West Wing comes to mind)

That when those human beings don’t live up to our (usually unrealistic) standards of expectation, we react with anger/disappointment and call for heads or claim it must of been an inside job.

Sometimes people just suck at their jobs, even if we don’t want them to. The “why” that they suck is a very different conversation.

The question I have is why did she pull her piece to begin with...as she moves with the former president to the vehicle, her piece is holstered....once he's inside the Suburban, she pulls her piece, only to immediately try to reholster it...what threat did she see for that microsecond? I get the fact that being shot at can be a bit discomforting for most normal folks, but she seemed way out of her element and comfort zone to me...

I believe she's the same agent that cowered behind Trump and the rest of her team covering him.

I cannot stop thinking about the SS woman who could not holster her weapon and in a longer version of that same video, she (and one other) had seemingly no clue what she was supposed to be doing or where she was supposed to be. I was embarrassed for her, I’m sure the after action reviews will not be kind.

I believe…

That the average person believes the men/women of action should respond/react like we see in the movies and on TV. (In the Line of Fire comes to mind)

That the average person believes the men/women of Government should respond/react like we see in the movies and on TV. (West Wing comes to mind)

That when those human beings don’t live up to our (usually unrealistic) standards of expectation, we react with anger/disappointment and call for heads or claim it must of been an inside job.

Sometimes people just suck at their jobs, even if we don’t want them to. The “why” that they suck is a very different conversation.

I agree with our post. This is human nature.

To the bolded/italicized, I think people need to read "On Combat" and "On Killing." There are some sus parts in each book, but his explanations to the physiological response to danger and trauma are real. Ability to do fine motor skills deteriorate, so holstering a weapon becomes more difficult. Unaware of where to be and what to do comes from task saturation and multiple stimuli.

You can practice the skill 1,000 times under created stress, but when it turns real all bets are off.

She heard shots from somewhere and pulled out her pistol and started scanning her lane. The diamond guys collapsed on the President, she looks like she was outside the diamond, maybe like the "well".

IDK, but her main fault was not re-holstering. The whole detail doesn't collapse on/crowd the principal unless their formation called for it, which I doubt.

I might take some heat for this, but I don't care if Trump wins. Whatever.

What I do care about is the implosion of the Left in America. Delicious. My loins tingle. I drink their tears of despair and their anguish fuels me.

And the best way for the above is a Trump victory.

What I do care about is the implosion of the Left in America. Delicious. My loins tingle. I drink their tears of despair and their anguish fuels me.

Absolutely agree. I'm no staunch Trump fan but watching the lefts heads explode will make me giggle and snort.

We can both agree, if this is the best America can offer for POTUS, we are fucked but I'd rather see Trump over Biden.

That said, if I knew that a Democrat that would abide by our constitution would run, I'd have no issues voting for them.

Problem is, the left, the right, 2 heads of the same nasty, vile, blood sucking leach, base defiling goul savages.

If we think we still have a constitutional republic, we are fucking joking ourselves. Our republic was sold out to corporations and foreign entities, decades ago and the illusion of a fair and democratic nation is all we have.

Bread and circus.

I can't handle the amount of winning over these past few weeks. No bullshit, I never thought I'd see the day when the left turn on themselves and eat their own over a sitting president, not to mention all the losses in court.

General question since the tides have shifted now:

When is rhetoric actually dangerous and when is it just "colorful language"?

A bunch of people on here posting about how "violent the dem rhetoric are" are the same people who've argued with me for over 4 years that words hold basically no power unless its a direct call for violence.

Hell, some of the posters on here pretty commonly make violent statements against "feds" or whole groups of people and (aside from one specific member) rarely get admonished.

A bunch of people on here posting about how "violent the dem rhetoric are" are the same people who've argued with me for over 4 years that words hold basically no power unless its a direct call for violence.

Hell, some of the posters on here pretty commonly make violent statements against "feds" or whole groups of people and (aside from one specific member) rarely get admonished.
There's a difference between words from members here and words directly from the sitting POTUS.

I might take some heat for this, but I don’t care… It’s my truth and I believe it. Whatever.

“We” conservatives, rhinos, Republicans, whatever you want to refer to ourselves as, have over the years mimicked the same cries of despair and anguish that we accuse left of.

It’s actually pretty embarrassing. I used to take pride in the fact that “we” would take the high road regardless of what the left was doing, essentially treating the them as little children having a temper tantrum. Sadly those days are behind us and in many ways, we have morphed into the same temper-tantrum having snowflakes we accuse them of being.

Seeing the reaction from the Left—and I don’t mean the political and media elites who are doing the no-violence dance to avoid being targeted themselves—I'm talking about the average leftist. The reaction has been quite disappointing to me. I've seen some who say it shouldn’t have happened and are horrified by it, but many are either blaming him in a roundabout way, wishing he had gotten shot, or straight-up believing it was rigged. They seem to either deny or can’t admit that they are just as villainous as they make their opposition seem. Had this been Biden, their reaction would be calling for blood and demanding Trump be dealt with. Perhaps we are too far apart now as country

You referring to me and my utter disdain for feds, brother?

Back