Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

I dont know what he's alluding to, but I do know...Feds gonna Fed. Only because I had a close friend have thousands in legal assets seiezed years ago and still hasn't faced any charges. Legitimate brick and mortar shop owner..... on top of the various documentaries, court cases etc that are out there.

The left invented shouting people down during the Bush years. As far as I remember in my lifetime. I wasn't alive to see or hear about VN Vets getting spit on etc.

Lawfare is a thing, I've heard the term 91 felonies a few times in the past few months, I remember OP EDs in NYT calling for the Bush twins to get waterboarded... I don't like hearing the ninny ass Rs calling for resignations every time things don't go right, but the bar seems to be a lot higher on the conservative side when calling for people to loose their job, jail time etc.

Mayorkas was on Good Morning America instead of the White House to hand in his resignation.

This is probably the most significant part of the story.

CNN, citing an unidentified spokesperson, reports that the Secret Service did not sweep the building the gunman was atop before the rally. Instead, they allegedly relied on local law enforcement to monitor the area. PEOPLE was not able to independently confirm this claim.

Gunman Shouldn't Have Had 'Direct Line' to Donald Trump for Assassination Attempt: Homeland Security Secretary

General question since the tides have shifted now:

When is rhetoric actually dangerous and when is it just "colorful language"?

A bunch of people on here posting about how "violent the dem rhetoric are" are the same people who've argued with me for over 4 years that words hold basically no power unless its a direct call for violence.

Hell, some of the posters on here pretty commonly make violent statements against "feds" or whole groups of people and (aside from one specific member) rarely get admonished.
Maybe if they stopped covering for child molesters, importing Jihadi's, and unlawfully targeting law abiding Americans, people wouldn't see them as the Rainbow Hairs' Gestapo.

The fact that SCOTUS had to dick smack them, because they literally made up laws to enforce, is just the icing on the cake. :ROFLMAO:

It's not everyone, but holy fuck are you guys corrupt.

I might take some heat for this, but I don’t care… It’s my truth and I believe it. Whatever.

“We” conservatives, rhinos, Republicans, whatever you want to refer to ourselves as, have over the years mimicked the same cries of despair and anguish that we accuse left of.

It’s actually pretty embarrassing. I used to take pride in the fact that “we” would take the high road regardless of what the left was doing, essentially treating the them as little children having a temper tantrum. Sadly those days are behind us and in many ways, we have morphed into the same temper-tantrum having snowflakes we accuse them of being.
Yeah... you're living through a neo-Marxist takeover, led rainbow haired degenerates, and financed by giant multinationals. Remember Blackrock and their 10 Trillion in assets dude? They're not going to let go of that power or their connection to The Fed.

h ttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-21/how-larry-fink-s-blackrock-is-helping-the-fed-with-bond-buying

You also have multiple generations that have effectively been demoralized. I suggest looking at what's happened to Britain and France. They're unrecognizable from 25 years ago.

Last edited:
I don’t know much about Vance or his views aside from hearing snippets of interviews here and there.

My initial reaction is that he doesn't really move the needle in terms of reaching beyond the "MAGA" crowd. So, I don't see him drawing in more independent/undecided voters. More importantly, it's a -1 to the Republicans in the Senate.

He does bring youth to the table and, of course, is also much smarter than Kamala, as are rocks, but is he future VP/Presidential material? 🤔

Overall, I'm indifferent about his selection -- my loins don't tingle 😉. Then again, I felt the same about the two other names that were most often thrown around as well.

Last edited:
Quite a few of my more center-left friends and acquaintances were fans of Vance when he wrote Hillbilly Elegy, but promptly reformatted that part of their memory when he won election as a Republican senator. Voters where he grew up will look favorably on the choice.

Selling the rest of the country is going to involve a proper marketing of his “poor house to state house” story to those who don’t have a clue who he is. I believe he’s smart enough to do it. Don’t make the campaign an extended epilogue of the book, but play up to his understanding of how people live in the lower classes. That relatability Vance has with the lower middle/lower classes makes him a sound choice for VP.

Quite a few of my more center-left friends and acquaintances were fans of Vance when he wrote Hillbilly Elegy, but promptly reformatted that part of their memory when he won election as a Republican senator. Voters where he grew up will look favorably on the choice.

Selling the rest of the country is going to involve a proper marketing of his “poor house to state house” story to those who don’t have a clue who he is. I believe he’s smart enough to do it. Don’t make the campaign an extended epilogue of the book, but play up to his understanding of how people live in the lower classes. That relatability Vance has with the lower middle/lower classes makes him a sound choice for VP.

I love the choice.

Trump came out of this weekend looking pretty damn good.

Great book, very moving. He is well-respected in the rust belt, a few states of which are swing states.

Agree about marketing, but he has the capacity to do it I think.

Voters where he grew up will look favorably on the choice.
We grew up in the same county, his hometown is the next town north of mine, about 10 miles up the road. But I like the choice based on his political positions. Specifically, he wants accountability for funding Ukraine and staunchly wants to secure the border.

Great book, very moving. He is well-respected in the rust belt, a few states of which are swing states.

Agree about marketing, but he has the capacity to do it I think.

The rust belt (Wisconsin in particular) cost Hillary in 2016 because her Big Data consultants told her not to waste time there, she had those states wrapped up.

Last edited:
Very disappointed about the Vance pick. I understand why Trump picked him, but even discounting personal beliefs and thinking about this from a strategy viewpoint, I'm not sure who it helps him with except energizing turnout, which was already going to be high anyways. A Burgum pick would have probably been able to pick off some soft Biden supporters.

If he wanted to make people like Don Jr. and Steve Bannon happy, then this is the right pick for that.

Back