Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

If I was part of the Harris/Walz strategy team, this focus on Walz' military service is the exact thing I'd want to keep the conservative news cycle focused on.

Why? Because the #normies don't give a shit about it. This isn't 2004 when the country was still riding the 9/11 Patriotism and OIF invasion trains. There's not going to be a "Swift Boat Veterans" event that harms Walz.

The undecided, nonmilitary voter isn't going to look at the intricacies of his rank, or understand his 24 years equates to less than 1k days like @amlove21 mathed out.

They'll just be between the conservative "Walz abandoned his unit" and the liberal "Bone spurs" or "Attacking war hero John McCain" (irony in the making).

The longer spent on Walz and his record is less time spent on policies. Again using @amlove21, I think he's the only person I've seen in this thread so far specifically bring up the MN abortion laws.
I might not agree with his take, but it's a least a policy point you could actually move voters with. The less time conservatives spend on that increase the chances the DNC sneaks out another win.

I never realized that there was a Bagram Air Base in Irag...
...again, maybe its because of my low number of "deployments"

P.S.
Walz is a lying asshole
lol

You know what, I didn't even notice that. I served at Balad three times and Bagram four times (cue AWP: "those are rookie numbers" ;) ) and regularly mix them up in my head and when I talk about them.

lol

You know what, I didn't even notice that. I served at Balad three times and Bagram four times (cue AWP: "those are rookie numbers" ;) ) and regularly mix them up in my head and when I talk about them.

Pfftt...you think I'll forget where my To Go trays came from?
---
I still love my man and the North DFAC while IDF and C-RAMs were kicking off...Fucking Surf n Turf night did dumb shit to people.

If I was part of the Harris/Walz strategy team, this focus on Walz' military service is the exact thing I'd want to keep the conservative news cycle focused on.

Why? Because the #normies don't give a shit about it. This isn't 2004 when the country was still riding the 9/11 Patriotism and OIF invasion trains. There's not going to be a "Swift Boat Veterans" event that harms Walz.

The undecided, nonmilitary voter isn't going to look at the intricacies of his rank, or understand his 24 years equates to less than 1k days like @amlove21 mathed out.

They'll just be between the conservative "Walz abandoned his unit" and the liberal "Bone spurs" or "Attacking war hero John McCain" (irony in the making).

The longer spent on Walz and his record is less time spent on policies. Again using @amlove21, I think he's the only person I've seen in this thread so far specifically bring up the MN abortion laws.
I might not agree with his take, but it's a least a policy point you could actually move voters with. The less time conservatives spend on that increase the chances the DNC sneaks out another win.

I largely agree. If I was on Team Trump/Vance, I wouldn't get into the weeds of his service, but rather point out the numerous lies, and connect the dots with his lies to his horrible policies.

For a piece of shit asshole liar that thinks AND CHAMPIONS the idea that MISinformation should be a legally binding and punishable offense that is NOT covered by our inalienable rights granted to us by our creators - he sure does seem to be comfortable spouting "MISspoken" shit out of his pie hole...

I read something earlier regarding polling, a pretty good and unbiased pollster said to not buy the claim of the significantly higher polling by Harris. He went into all sorts of math and statistics showing how a lot of those polls are cooking the books. If I can find it I will post it.

For a piece of shit asshole liar that thinks AND CHAMPIONS the idea that MISinformation should be a legally binding and punishable offense that is NOT covered by our inalienable rights granted to us by our creators - he sure does seem to be comfortable spouting "MISspoken" shit out of his pie hole...
Alex, what is projection for $500 please?

Pfftt...you think I'll forget where my To Go trays came from?
---
I still love my man and the North DFAC while IDF and C-RAMs were kicking off...Fucking Surf n Turf night did dumb shit to people.
I think that the dumb shit happened during/after Salsa Nite and the Pajama Jammy Jams.

Yes, those were real things.

Why? Because the #normies don't give a shit about it...
Sadly, I generally concur.

This is why I listed a number of other policy and leadership disasters Minnesotans have witnessed under his governance in my original post about him. His military record is now out there and starts laying a foundation -- great! Now, let's get on to the litany of his other failures.

The thing is, these are issues that important swathes of the voting population can relate to. Average people, with average education, life experiences, and intelligence like me and like... well... most of us because most of us are average... understand issues like lying, betrayal, deserting your friends in a time of need, etc. Or at least they think they do. How many of them have a deep understanding of most of the big issues? Or even a really solid understanding of one big issue? Like immigration, crime, or the economy? Not many.

It doesn't really matter what you use to convince someone not to vote for the other guy, as long as they don't vote for the other guy. Both sides know this, both sides use this.

Real question, who could we choose to be the next Pres if it wasn't between Trump/Harris?

At this point, I can't really think of a genuine leader that could run the country in an honest way.

Pfftt...you think I'll forget where my To Go trays came from...Fucking Surf n Turf night did dumb shit to people.

Where did that steak and lobster even come from? Was that Persian Gulf lobster? Maybe. That steak? There wasn't a well fed cow within 2000 miles...

Sadly, I generally concur.

This is why I listed a number of other policy and leadership disasters Minnesotans have witnessed under his governance in my original post about him. His military record is now out there and starts laying a foundation -- great! Now, let's get on to the litany of his other failures.

Have you heard Trump's bogus praise of Waltz during the riots in 2020? There's a deceptively edited phone call going around but when you hear the whole clip it shows how inept they were in regards to calling up the guard. Skip to 1:50 on the video.

Real question, who could we choose to be the next Pres if it wasn't between Trump/Harris?

At this point, I can't really think of a genuine leader that could run the country in an honest way.

Where did that steak and lobster even come from? Was that Persian Gulf lobster? Maybe. That steak? There wasn't a well fed cow within 2000 miles...

Have you heard Trump's bogus praise of Waltz during the riots in 2020? There's a deceptively edited phone call going around but when you hear the whole clip it shows how inept they were in regards to calling up the guard. Skip to 1:50 on the video.

I'm OK with Trump being the next president. I voted for him the last time he ran and will vote for him again, God willing.

I'd also be OK with someone like Ron DeSantis being president, or even JD Vance.

I've given up on finding someone who can run things "in an honest way." That's not how our system is set up, and honest people don't make it to president.

People are people and we can't count on them to be honest. Or for much of anything else. What we can almost always count on people to do, though, is to act in their own narrow self-interests. And I want a president whose policies are going to support my narrow self interests and represent the kind of America I want for my family, for myself, and for my future.

Given the two frontrunners in this election, that's a super-easy decision for me to make.

I pretended like I could vote for somebody else besides Trump, then I heard RFKJ... Really I like Trump more as a person than I do any of the other candidates, he just says so much self aggrandizing stuff, and so many people are against him I doubt much will happen.

Trump's enemies however, are true enemies of the state and freedom as we know it. I'm a bit liberal myself, but when a policy doesn't work, running off into fairytale land isn't an option for me. Cut funding, move on. For half the country fairytale land seems like exactly where they want to be.

I pretended like I could vote for somebody else besides Trump, then I heard RFKJ... Really I like Trump more as a person than I do any of the other candidates, he just says so much self aggrandizing stuff, and so many people are against him I doubt much will happen.

Trump's enemies however, are true enemies of the state and freedom as we know it. I'm a bit liberal myself, but when a policy doesn't work, running off into fairytale land isn't an option for me. Cut funding, move on. For half the country fairytale land seems like exactly where they want to be.
There is a lot more support behind Trump than a lot of people realize, because the other side has captured most of the important institutions in the US, including almost all of the big press and almost all of social media.

...they're all too focused on the "joy" of the Harris/Walz ticket.

I don't need "joy" from my president. My family and I can make our own "joy." I need safety, security, and a whole lot of the federal government GTFOing of our lives

I see people that disgust me, I turn off the TV or exit out if online and my contempt's for their foulness ends there. Nobody lives rent free in my head.

But these TDS types acting out on it their rent free political adversaries, are some very real indicators of a lot of mentally unhealthy persons out there. Do they actually believe that their attacks in real life are going to move POV's to theirs with bullying and outright terrorism?

Back