Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

If I had the money and the time I would sign up to audit classes these folks teach, and just troll the ever living fuck out them with no repercussions.

To be fair, if you find a big enough class, you could just walk right in.

Today Bill Clinton said that Laken Riley's death "probably wouldn't have happened" if the border was secure and her killer had been vetted. So, he's campaigning for Trump now?

So there was an interesting theory I heard on a podcast that the left is tanking Kamala on purpose so they can see their true candidates come out in four years, rather than eight. You just can't sit your stars on the sidelines for that length of time.

the left is tanking Kamala on purpose

Walz was a terrible choice. He has enough baggage without these Chester the Molester accusations. I don't vote left, but Josh Shapiro would've obviously been a much better choice. Jewish in a swing state, a pretty smart guy and a great speaker. So maybe there is something to the theory.

To be fair, if you find a big enough class, you could just walk right in.

So there was an interesting theory I heard on a podcast that the left is tanking Kamala on purpose so they can see their true candidates come out in four years, rather than eight. You just can't sit your stars on the sidelines for that length of time.
or 12 years if Republicans defeat Kamala after one term.

The left isn't "tanking" kaMALa haRRis - they are simply making sure that they don't blow the point spread

They know they can't produce a landslide - the subterfuge has to be believable. So they set conditions to explain the "razor thin victory" that they have already paid for.

Last edited:
Curious as to who would be viewed as the Democrats rising stars? Who would be the face at a national level? Newsom? I don't think he's it. I'd think most of the people in the Biden administration have to be considered damaged goods. We didn't have a real convention to showcase the new "talent".

Republicans appear to have a few on deck, including DeSantis, Vance, and Ramaswamy.

The left isn't "tanking" kaMALa haRRis - they are simply making sure that they don't blow the point spread

They know they can't produce a landslide - the subterfuge has to be believable. So they set conditions to explain the "razor thin victory" that they they have paid for.

When have they ever cared about that?

Curious as to who would be viewed as the Democrats rising stars? Who would be the face at a national level? Newsom? I don't think he's it. I'd think most of the people in the Biden administration have to be considered damaged goods. We didn't have a real convention to showcase the new "talent".

Republicans appear to have a few on deck, including DeSantis, Vance, and Ramaswamy.
Shapiro. There's part of me that thinks Newsome, but everyone is watching him run California into the ground. Once you get passed the good looks, you'll see zero substance.

Nah, the DNC is just doing the same thing they've done since the end of the New Deal era and Regan's election; moving away from more leftist political ideas and settling in the "left wing" of the newly ushered in Neoliberal policies.

We often forget that, when looking past the "culture war" social issues, most DNC/GOP policies are more similar than not.

When the Dems try to be GOP-lite, I.E. Harris' border policy/"most lethal military" comments, voters drop off.

So you folks have a suspicion that the DNC is trying to tank so they can get an up and comer to swing in next election cycle and gain another eight more years in the WH?

What if their current team of cvnt stains win by accident?

So you folks have a suspicion that the DNC is trying to tank so they can get an up and comer to swing in next election cycle and gain another eight more years in the WH?

What if their current team of cvnt stains win by accident?
I thought that for a while, but now I don't think that's the case at all. They want to win--all the time, every election. Both parties do. But the Democrats allowed President Biden to fester and flounder for so long, and they chose potentially the worst person they could have as his VP, that they're saddled to this decision. There wasn't enough runway to get another viable candidate on the ballot, and if they pulled VP Harris, there would have been HUGE and long lasting backlash from important elements of the left's constituency. Pres. Trump would have won by an even larger margin than he's going to (?) now.

Sure they'll try to get an up and comer in the next election cycle, they'll have to since much of the old guard are demonstrated failures. But I'm sure they would have been fine with having 8 years of a (D) in the White House under the Harris/Walz administration and then 4-8 years with a (D) up and comer.

It just seems to me that they're already coming up with excuses (well, other than sexism + racism) why they're going to lose this election.

I thought that for a while, but now I don't think that's the case at all. They want to win--all the time, every election. Both parties do. But the Democrats allowed President Biden to fester and flounder for so long, and they chose potentially the worst person they could have as his VP, that they're saddled to this decision. There wasn't enough runway to get another viable candidate on the ballot, and if they pulled VP Harris, there would have been HUGE and long lasting backlash from important elements of the left's constituency. Pres. Trump would have won by an even larger margin than he's going to (?) now.

Sure they'll try to get an up and comer in the next election cycle, they'll have to since much of the old guard are demonstrated failures. But I'm sure they would have been fine with having 8 years of a (D) in the White House under the Harris/Walz administration and then 4-8 years with a (D) up and comer.

It just seems to me that they're already coming up with excuses (well, other than sexism + racism) why they're going to lose this election.

I think they backed themselves into a corner in 2020. Great, Biden won, and he has Harris as a VP. 4 years later and they have to force Biden out because Trump would beat him like Mike Tyson in his prime. They didn't have a plan for Kamala to run, so they are making it up as they go along.

I think they know Kamala has no business running, but they don't have other options. Biden was a clear L, so the Dems are are in full damage control mode with Harris. Picking Walz still baffles me. They pulled out a 20-sided, rolled for initiative, and I think they regret that one too.

I'm with you. I think they royally screwed up, know it, and are in Bill O'Reilly "we'll do it live" territory.

They didn't have a plan for Kamala to run, so they are making it up as they go along.
Mostly agree with your post, but I think they probably thought Kamala would be the diversity candidate for president in 2024 or 2028. But, they overestimated her potentential and her weak showing as VP over the last four years has left them in a pickle.

I still think it would be smart for them to remove Pres Biden and let VP Harris take over so that they can take credit for first female and first black female pres. then they have that W (to them) regardless of what happens in November.

Back