Your worst jump experience..........share ?

I was doing an AJ so i was the second to last out. As i neared the door i tripped over something and had a terrible exit. Twist pretty much all the way up. So i started to pull the risers apart and bicycle kick. As i was spinning i can see that i was falling faster than the guys i put out the door. It was at night so i couldnt really see the the ground. As soon as the last twist came out i hit the tarmac.Guess i was knocked out for awhile but when i came to i was still bicycle kicking and the Meds were all around me....lol...sucked back still hurts....Last one out 1rst one to hit the ground...

I was doing an AJ so i was the second to last out. As i neared the door i tripped over something and had a terrible exit. Twist pretty much all the way up. So i started to pull the risers apart and bicycle kick. As i was spinning i can see that i was falling faster than the guys i put out the door. It was at night so i couldnt really see the the ground. As soon as the last twist came out i hit the tarmac.Guess i was knocked out for awhile but when i came to i was still bicycle kicking and the Meds were all around me....lol...sucked back still hurts....Last one out 1rst one to hit the ground...

Gotta love bicycling your way out of a bad exit.:doh:

While other jumpers are preparing to turn into the wind and land your still trying to get the damp risers to come unraveled. That sucks ass. :bleh:

Worst jump I never jumped.

One of our companies was jumping into AP Hill and was gonna stay there for a week in the field, so the safeties were from other companies. We were pushing ammo bundles (which we never did in an MI Bn) and I was the only one on the JM team who had ever pushed a bundle at all! :eek: So the primary in the lead acft wanted me on his door. No prob he was a fellow 1SG. Well, I don't know how many times I told the #1 jumper (who would help me push the bundle), "You'll push high, I'll go low. But you wait on me to start it moving. Otherwise, you'll push down and the paperboard honneycomb will crush. Then we're fucked." "No problem, Top!"

So, as soon as the PJ said, "Go!" #1 gets excited and pushes hard. PBHC crushes and the bundle snags. I'm on my knees pushing on this thing like I'm NFL tackle, screaming, "Goddammit, Andy! Stop pushing!"

I felt it move so I got on my toes and started really pushing -- not thinking about how close I was to an open door. The bundle went out, and I almost did, too. I landed on the deck with the upper half my body outside the door, and I was moving further out.

The PJ saw it happening and got hold of my belt and pulled me back in. We kinda stared, wide-eyed at each other. Then I said, "Give me back your static line and tell your #1 jumper to go!"

If we had been jumping anything but a C-17, I'd have been sucked out the door. :uhh:

Back