2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ironic thing is that the first few presidents of the USA were all British citizens at birth.

That's a bit of a play of words, as the colony's were British territory, thus they were born as British citizens. However, they were born CONUS.

A more interesting issue is what is a natural born person vs an unnatural born person?

It's still ironic they'd set laws like that though.

Unnatural born...could be Trump or Clinton really...

That's a bit of a play of words, as the colony's were British territory, thus they were born as British citizens. However, they were born CONUS.

CONUS was Britain. Also the law doesn't state that you have to be born CONUS, so that's meaningless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following Presidents were born British subjects before the establishment of the United States:

CONUS was Britain. Also the law doesn't state that you have to be born CONUS, so that's meaningless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following Presidents were born British subjects before the establishment of the United States:

Yeah I thought I covered that, with the whole British territory comment...but challenged it with the fact that the presidents were born in the current formed territory of United States?

Anyway.

Yeah I thought I covered that, with the whole British territory comment...but challenged it with the fact that the presidents were born in the current formed territory of United States?

Anyway.

Which makes makes no sense...

They were born in Britain, were British citizens, became traitors, and formed a new country and made a new set of laws.

The "controversy" was created by idiots.

Exactly! Kinda like the current one, huh? ;-)

This, and Hillary's shit, is EXACTLY why Trump is maxing capacity at various venues. Joe Six Pack is sick of this crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone watch the debate last night? Solid performance by many of the cannidates.

So I'm 80% sure Ted Cruz is a closeted homosexual. Listen to some of his speeches where he rants on and on about it, almost as if hes afraid of his own tendencies. I think he is another Ted Haggard in the making.

I really wanted to like Ben Carson, I was so happy we were going to have a science literate candidate. Turns out hes not at all...

The ironic thing is that the first few presidents of the USA were all British citizens at birth.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Relevant portion in bold. "at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" modifies the second clause only.

Are we seriously debating the Founding Father's legitimacy based upon their birth place? I wonder if a LexisNexis search of Poor Richard's Almanac will yield evidence of a Birther conspiracy...

Are we seriously debating the Founding Father's legitimacy based upon their birth place? I wonder if a LexisNexis search of Poor Richard's Almanac will yield evidence of a Birther conspiracy...

Not I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back