2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot find the CNN video, there is one of Sanders at a CNN Town Hall in which he was asked about Trump rallies and violent "supporters." He said Trump needs to take responsibility for his supporters, but when asked if he would do the same since it was pro-Sanders supporters inciting some of the violence, Sanders claimed he has millions of followers and cannot take responsibility for them. Oh, I wish I could find it. He used to amuse me. Now he bugs the hell out of me.

"Trump is responsible for every single one of his followers, but I'm not accountable for any of mine"

CNN's reporting he's turned himself in to the po-po.

Trump campaign manager charged with simple battery - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)Donald Trump's campaign manager Corey Lewandowski has been charged in Jupiter, Florida, with simple battery of former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields, according to a police document.
The report states that Fields came to the Jupiter Police Department on March 11, three days after the alleged incident. According to the police officer who interviewed Fields that day, she indicated that after she asked Trump a question, she "felt someone yank her left arm," and that she "fell back but caught herself from falling."

This election cycle's missing a sex tape, Watergate-style burglary, or a straight-up murder.

This election cycle's missing a sex tape, Watergate-style burglary, or a straight-up murder.
If we're lucky, the Ted Cruz sex scandal will pan out into something and sustain the controversy train for another few months. We might even get a sex tape out of it!

Are we getting to the part where things are beginning to crumble around The Donald?

The Sanjaya comment made me laugh out loud a bit...

An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

Even Trump's most trusted advisors didn't expect him to fare this well. Almost a year ago, recruited for my public relations and public policy expertise, I sat in Trump Tower being told that the goal was to get The Donald to poll in double digits and come in second in delegate count. That was it. The Trump camp would have been satisfied to see him polling at 12% and taking second place to a candidate who might hold 50%. His candidacy was a protest candidacy. It pains me to say, but he is the presidential equivalent of Sanjaya on American Idol. President Trump would be President Sanjaya in terms of legitimacy and authority.

Pretty scathing editorial, if true. It's a bit perverse, but the narrative of "protest-candidate-turned-actual-candidate" gives me a little bit of grudging respect for Trump. Despite all opposition, he's managed to tap into a vein of nascent anger in the voting public and gone legit, for better or for worse.

I'm reading elsewhere that this Stephanie Cegielski was not Trump's "top strategist", as the headline claims. Rather, she was the communications director for an affiliated SuperPAC, which by law is not allowed to coordinate with candidates. While I'm sure she had some measure of insider info, this fact takes a little bit of wind out of her sails. I'm hoping that the "top strategist" headline was a decision fostered by the blog that hosted it, rather than the writer.

The other day, I watched a Donald Trump town hall meeting hosted by Anderson Cooper. At times it hardly sounded like the man was speaking English, as he was just so incomprehensible. For a man that supposedly "tells it like it is" and "doesn't talk like a politician", he sure has mastered the art of the non-answer.

Here's a transcript: Donald Trump did a CNN townhall last night. And it was a classic.

The other day, I watched a Donald Trump town hall meeting hosted by Anderson Cooper. At times it hardly sounded like the man was speaking English, as he was just so incomprehensible. For a man that supposedly "tells it like it is" and "doesn't talk like a politician", he sure has mastered the art of the non-answer.

Here's a transcript: Donald Trump did a CNN townhall last night. And it was a classic.

Maybe he needs a teleprompter like another president.

My experience at one of his rallies was pretty positive. Typical rally. Only people acting crazy were the bernie fans.

We probably saw the same TH. Cruz was a disaster and Trump's segment went from intelligent to funny to WTF at times. He'd own Anderson Cooper in one segment and then AC would own him in another; at a bare minimum it was entertaining. As for any non-answers, that's becoming the American Way. I agree with you, but no one answers Yes or No questions anymore and interviewers won't hold them to any standard. Interviews are babbling with one or two sound bites blown out of proportion.

My girl Hillary....you can have a great candidate or can have good enough and that's me, the good enough leader.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...lary-clinton-starts-big-push-to-win-new-york/

“It’s wasn’t about making a point. It was about making a difference,” Mrs. Clinton said. “Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for the perfect, but a lot of Americans are hurting right now, and they can’t wait for that. They need the good, and they need it today.”

A ding at Sanders, but...wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back