2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for all you Libertarians supporting Gary Johnson - These are not the opinions I would be looking for if I was going to seek to an alternative to Trump.
Cripes all mighty, is he interviewing for a cabinet position in the new Clinton administration!?!

Last edited:
We need better Libertarian candidates. The ideas they espouse make them a solid "centrist" party as parts of their platform appeal to people on both sides of the isle. I'm left leaning but would be on board with a strong LP. With that sad, I offer you the type of no-bullshit, whiskey drinking, freedom loving, woodworking, carnivore we need to lead the charge- I present to you, Swanson 2016.
upload_2016-7-18_12-2-38.pngupload_2016-7-18_12-2-38.png

I wonder if she could come up with an original thought.

If you are referring to her speech being compared to Michelle Obama's, I only kinda-sorta agree. It is not unrealistic that she (and her writers) studied prior First Lady speeches and then highlighted ideas that resonated. In the end, there are only so many ways to articulate those ideas without sounding similar. I'm no where near being on "Team Trump" but I do think too much is being made of this.

upload_2016-7-19_5-59-53.png

If you are referring to her speech being compared to Michelle Obama's, I only kinda-sorta agree. It is not unrealistic that she (and her writers) studied prior First Lady speeches and then highlighted ideas that resonated. In the end, there are only so many ways to articulate those ideas without sounding similar. I'm no where near being on "Team Trump" but I do think too much is being made of this.

View attachment 16120

I just think it is funny.

Yep - it is funny. With two additional observations -

- There are people whose job it was to look for similarities in the speech
- That her speech writers did not think there would people whose job it was to look for similarities in the speech

Yep - it is funny. With two additional observations -

- There are people whose job it was to look for similarities in the speech
- That her speech writers did not think there would people whose job it was to look for similarities in the speech

I mean if I turned that in in a speech class I would have failed for plagiarism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back