2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random prediction -

Another election first - Mike Pence gets spooked and announces he cannot support Donald Trump's comments and is removing himself from the ticket as the VP candidate.

This whole election just sucks. The status quo is shit, the candidates are both undeserving of being President, Congress is useless, and the American public is collectively the largest group of idiots in the history of the world. We need a MASSIVE change, and we need it sooner rather than later. Shit is depressing.

Is Trump tanking again?
His last week has been so terrible. I just don't even know what his staffers are possibly telling him. I know NOTHING about politics, at all. But if I just said, "Hey, uh, we shouldn't ever attack a gold star family for any reason right? I mean- ever? Even if they are really mean? Just leave them alone, right? Ok check that's what I thought.", that would put me at a higher approval rating this week than DJT.

Donald Trump's bad 72 hours - CNNPolitics.com

His last week has been so terrible. I just don't even know what his staffers are possibly telling him. I know NOTHING about politics, at all. But if I just said, "Hey, uh, we shouldn't ever attack a gold star family for any reason right? I mean- ever? Even if they are really mean? Just leave them alone, right? Ok check that's what I thought.", that would put me at a higher approval rating this week than DJT.

Donald Trump's bad 72 hours - CNNPolitics.com

Not a single politician out there gives a flying fuck about Gold Star families, disabled veterans, KIAs, or veterans in general. It's nothing to them but party lines, sound bites, and photo ops. I don't care what Trump said. As I said before, at least you never have to guess what his viewpoint is. I'll take open mistakes and sticking to his guns over fake apologies and the quiet, thinly veiled disgust and contempt towards the military that a HRC has.

That being said, I'm not saying I think he's a good candidate.

Not a single politician out there gives a flying fuck about Gold Star families, disabled veterans, KIAs, or veterans in general. It's nothing to them but party lines, sound bites, and photo ops. I don't care what Trump said. As I said before, at least you never have to guess what his viewpoint is. I'll take open mistakes and sticking to his guns over fake apologies and the quiet, thinly veiled disgust and contempt towards the military that a HRC has.

That being said, I'm not saying I think he's a good candidate.
I see what you mean; but I do care what he said, and how he said it. I don't like the way you described HRC's stance either, for the record.

I know where DJT stands, and I don't like it. He thinks POW's are shitty soldiers (because they get caught) and he tweets insults at parents of dead soldiers. Sure, I suppose that's the lesser of two evils, in one way of looking at it. That's the thing about "the lesser of two evils", though- you're still picking an evil.

I see what you mean; but I do care what he said, and how he said it. I don't like the way you described HRC's stance either, for the record.

I know where DJT stands, and I don't like it. He thinks POW's are shitty soldiers (because they get caught) and he tweets insults at parents of dead soldiers. Sure, I suppose that's the lesser of two evils, in one way of looking at it. That's the thing about "the lesser of two evils", though- you're still picking an evil.

I'm not voting for Trump. I agree with Free's stance of doing a write in 3rd party.

How would you describe HRCs stance?

I'm not voting for Trump. I agree with Free's stance of doing a write in 3rd party...

Wouldn't voting for a third party candidate just benefit Hillary? As it did for her husband in '92? Jesus Christ, what are you guys thinking? Anybody but her!

Wouldn't voting for a third party candidate just benefit Hillary? As it did for her husband in '92? Jesus Christ, what are you guys thinking? Anybody but her!

We're fucked either way. I'm not gonna throw my vote to a candidate I don't believe in. Things will have to get a lot worse, but maybe eventually enough people will quit looking at it as one of two choices. When that happens, we have a chance to turn the ship around.

I'm not voting for Trump. I agree with Free's stance of doing a write in 3rd party.

How would you describe HRCs stance?
I'll be honest man, I feel like she's such a piece of shit candidate for a lot of reasons. I am not voting for her.

That being said, speaking specifically about how she treats the military - we have conjecture, some second hand stories, and I don't know the broad. Does she harbor deep seated resentment for the military? Is she going to disband us and cackle as she leaves people to die overseas with no support? I don't know that, and I don't think anyone does.

Are her apologies fake? Are her policies for the military not her own, and she only begrudgingly accepts them for sake of her winning? No clue.

I'll tell you what though- she knows enough not to tell a Gold Star family "I've sacrificed lots of stuff!" in rebuke to an opinion.

But to be honest, I think I secretly want Trump to win. I mean, as much as everyone complains about Our current POTUS, I can't imagine how shitty it would be to come on this site if Hillary wins. People would be bitching and moaning as if the world is ending. But if Trump wins, and if he is as liberal as I believe he will be, I actually am excited for how shitty things will get. You know that moment, when you realize someone has played a joke on you? 4 years of that please. This is a dude with zero experience, I mean less than President Obama had. He obviously doesn't surround himself with smart people, and if he did/does, he certainly didn't/doesn't/won't listen to them. You think Hillary is bad, or could be bad? Because she is a career politician? This guy is a fucking reality TV show away from being relevant at all, a dude who is a known swindler, talks shit to everybody, and doesn't seem to understand the world he lives in. People bitch about the "elites" and how they are ruining our country, look no further than billionaire trust fund kid Donnie T. Shit is clown shoes.

Last edited:
I'll be honest man, I feel like she's such a piece of shit candidate for a lot of reasons. I am not voting for her.

That being said, speaking specifically about how she treats the military - we have conjecture, some second hand stories, and I don't know the broad. Does she harbor deep seated resentment for the military? Is she going to disband us and cackle as she leaves people to die overseas with no support? I don't know that, and I don't think anyone does.

Are her apologies fake? Are her policies for the military not her own, and she only begrudgingly accepts them for sake of her winning? No clue.

I'll tell you what though- she knows enough not to tell a Gold Star family "I've sacrificed lots of stuff!" in rebuke to an opinion.

I think when you apply the whole person concept to her, it's a very short reach to my viewpoint. The anecdotes, stories, press reports, etc all add up to the picture I currently hold of HRC. I don't think she would intentionally kill troops or disband us. What I do think is that anything positive she does is done purely for a couple extra points in a poll.

You think Hillary is bad, or could be bad? Because she is a career politician?

In large part, yes. The system is fucking broken dude. We don't need another career politician. We need something different. The choice most people will make this year is for one piece of shit who's not as offensive to them as the other piece of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bra-VO.

That post was so laden with pure, vitriolic disdain some got on my desk. Jesus man, I am worried about you. You're the angriest dude here today.

In large part, yes. The system is fucking broken dude. We don't need another career politician. We need something different. The choice most people will make this year is for one piece of shit who's not as offensive to them as the other piece of shit.
I stand corrected!

Bra-VO.

That post was so laden with pure, vitriolic disdain some got on my desk. Jesus man, I am worried about you. You're the angriest dude here today.

I stand corrected!

Lol. I think I would describe my mood as contemptuously apathetic.

I think when you apply the whole person concept to her, it's a very short reach to my viewpoint. The anecdotes, stories, press reports, etc all add up to the picture I currently hold of HRC. I don't think she would intentionally kill troops or disband us. What I do think is that anything positive she does is done purely for a couple extra points in a poll.

What about Donnie? Conservatively a draft dodger. Says stuff that would make hippies uncomfortable.
Bra-VO.

I stand corrected!

I just moved and am unpacking. I am full of hate and discontent.

What about Donnie? Conservatively a draft dodger. Says stuff that would make hippies uncomfortable.

I just moved and am unpacking. I am full of hate and discontent.

I have already stated that I am not voting for Trump and that I don't think he's a good candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back