A Discussion About Guns and Gun Laws

While 9/11 was an obvious national and local tragedy, it's bullshit for the NYPD to attempt to use it as justification to do whatever the fuck they want, whenever the fuck they want.

And here it comes.

Is this the beginning of the drum beat to re-instate the Clinton "Assault Weapons" ban?
"A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals -- that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities," the president, who has called for reimposing the Assault Weapons Ban, said in a speech to the National Urban League.

Once again, see earlier post about the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. Protecting the right to hunt, or guaranteeing the right to stay free InExtremis?

My daughter was never a soldier. She had her first AK at 9 years of age. She disagrees with POTUS.

Irresponsible people should never own anything. Even a butter knife is probably too risky for them.

There he goes again talking about another "common sense" approach. "Common sense" to POTUS translates to "are you fucking kidding me, you are insane" for many others.

I think this will be mostly just talk from him and others on the Left. I don't see them touching this issue with it being so close to an election.

This is a bit off topic for this thread, but I thought this quote from the president in the article was quite entertaining:
"You're competing against young people in Beijing and Bangalore. They're not hanging out. They're not getting over. They're not playing video games. They're not watching 'Real Housewives.' I'm just saying: It's a two-way street. You've got to earn success," he said.

But bear in mind children, if you do become to successful remember one thing: You didn't do that. Someone else did that for you.

There he goes again talking about another "common sense" approach. "Common sense" to POTUS translates to "are you fucking kidding me, you are insane" for many others.

I think this will be mostly just talk from him and others on the Left. I don't see them touching this issue with it being so close to an election.

This is a bit off topic for this thread, but I thought this quote from the president in the article was quite entertaining:

But bear in mind children, if you do become to successful remember one thing: You didn't do that. Someone else did that for you.
The scary thought is the one I get when I contemplate an Obama 2nd term. The gloves will come off.

"You're competing against young people in Beijing and Bangalore. They're not hanging out. They're not getting over. They're not playing video games. They're not watching 'Real Housewives.' I'm just saying: It's a two-way street. You've got to earn success*," he said.

*UNLESS you have a powerful lobby in Congress, in which case you can gain "success" without earning it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...rogram_n_1701926.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices

Back