Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I don't see how this can be good.

Anything 64% strength is just going to taste like paint thinner.
You’ve been drinking the wrong bourbon my boy. Last year we had been drinking knob Creek and ran out, My buddy opened up a bottle of bookers that was so smooth I kept drinking it like knob Creek.

Big mistake. LOL

You’ve been drinking the wrong bourbon my boy. Last year we had been drinking knob Creek and ran out, My buddy opened up a bottle of bookers that was so smooth I kept drinking it like I do knob Creek.

Big mistake. LOL
Well, I'll have to give it a shot if I see it then.

I'm not a huge bourbon drinker but Woodford reserve is excellent and doesn't break the bank.

I very rarely turn down a bottle of Maker's 46. Woodford reserve is a solid choice, and Ive been making a conscious effort to try something new every chance I get. Just to see whats out there.

Ive been making a conscious effort to try something new every chance I get. Just to see whats out there.

I've always pretty much stuck to Maker's and actually still enjoy good ole Jack Daniels. Bourbon is my drink of choice and I like to try different brands. I usually stick with what works without paying a lot. Looking to try some Blanton's soon, though.

@Topkick I've seen Blanton's mentioned on here a few times and if I see it while out and about I plan on grabbing some. If Im not mistaken, thats the bourbon that has 12 or so collectible corks right? Or is that something else?

@Topkick I've seen Blanton's mentioned on here a few times and if I see it while out and about I plan on grabbing some. If Im not mistaken, thats the bourbon that has 12 or so collectible corks right? Or is that something else?
Correct. It is typically hard to find, at least in the Midwest. As an aside, there are 8 separate corks.
Blantons is made by Buffalo Trace; which is an incredibly underrated bourbon in my opinion.

Well you have definitely peaked my interest. I'm now spending my night looking around to see if I can find anywhere in the South that has it. Although, Kentucky really isn't too far of a drive from here...

@Ooh-Rah how many of those corks have you accumulated?

My favorite
Correct. It is typically hard to find, at least in the Midwest. As an aside, there are 8 separate corks.
Blantons is made by Buffalo Trace; which is an incredibly underrated bourbon in my opinion.

I'm not sure it's underrated as it never sits on shelves for very long. You basically have to know the store owner or the delivery dates to be able to pick up a bottle anymore.

My favorite

I'm not sure it's underrated as it never sits on shelves for very long. You basically have to know the store owner or the delivery dates to be able to pick up a bottle anymore.
Re: Buffalo Trace. Interesting what’s available in different regions the county. I can find Buffalo Trace for under $30 any time at most local liquor stores.

That's actually why I thought you were referencing it.

We had a white elephant at work yesterday. I brought a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year, but purposely did a crappy wrapping job. Turned out to be by far the best gift anyone brought.

I tried Hibiki as part of flight at one of these whiskey joints in town. It tasted a lot like scotch only way lighter and was some outstanding stuff.

Yeah my friend has been trying to get me into scotches, it's been pretty hit or miss for me. I prefer the lighter lowland scotches and a few of the brinier scotches out there over the in your face levels of peat from Islay. Not really a fan of feeling like I just got punched in the mouth when I'm drinking.

My FIL likes Buffalo Trace, not my favorite, but I'd rate it in the Bulleit/Knob Creek Category at its price point, good for mixing and decent on it's own. Whereas regular Jim Beam is a mixer for me.

Yeah my friend has been trying to get me into scotches, it's been pretty hit or miss for me. I prefer the lighter lowland scotches and a few of the brinier scotches out there over the in your face levels of peat from Islay. Not really a fan of feeling like I just got punched in the mouth when I'm drinking.

Totally agree. I will say though that Ooh-Rah is spot on about a cigar being a gamechanger in the flavor profile and making that stuff actually enjoyable.

LOL
You know my thoughts on Blantons!

We've got a local that I believe is better than Blanton's, and the distiller is a friggin Ranger and 18D that grew up moonshining... even more better.

Get out here and we'll take you to the bourbon basket itself... ask @Ranger Psych if it's worth the trip...

We've got a local that I believe is better than Blanton's, and the distiller is a friggin Ranger and 18D that grew up moonshining... even more better.

Get out here and we'll take you to the bourbon basket itself... ask @Ranger Psych if it's worth the trip...

This recommendation alone has me sold. How do we ship to FL in February?

Back