Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Went to restock the bar and to see what's new at the local store, got a bottle of Los Vecinos De Campos Espadin and E.H. Taylor, Jr. Straight Rye. Both have been

Los Vecinos: At $30 it's a pretty great mezcal for the price, so far has been great for cocktails and us strong enough to act as a base. It's not bad straight but I prefer it with other things.

E.H. Taylor: Was on the lookout for a new Rye to try and while I'm not at a stage in life where I'm happy to drop $70 on a single bottle I decided to take the plunge on this. HO-LEE shit. I enjoy rye's to begin with and this is fantastic to me, a lot of spice up front with some hints of dried fruit and chocolates. I'm not sure if it'll be a go to for me whenever I want another, but for special occasions it's definitely worth it.

@BloodStripe I haven't tried Michters yet but I'll pick it up next time I'm out. I'm in the same boat while I enjoy EHT I think I'd enjoy it a lot more if it was a little cheaper.

EHT SmB is one of my favorite bourbons out there, especially at $40.

As for the rye, I'm a fan, but not at $70. Have you had Michter's Straight Rye? I enjoy it better than EHT Rye.
I have no idea what it is with EHT SmB sometimes it's $40...and sometimes it's $85...in fact I haven't seen it at the $40 price point in ages.

Whiskey/Bourbon/Rye.

Jeffersons (Anything around a 10-12 year)
Stranahans-Served it at my wedding. It killed.
291-A nano distillery out of Colorado Springs. Ran into the owner just before my deployment in 15'. Great guy from Atlanta who has a really cool story. Highly advise checking it out if you're in the area.

What is your Hot Toddy recipe?

I do 1 sugar cube
1 teaspoon of honey
Stir in a touch of hot water to dissolve sugar and honey
2 oz Makers Mark
6 oz Hot water
1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon stirred in

This is how we do it:
1/2 lemon (juiced)
4 Tbsp honey
2 oz Bourbon of your choice
4-6 oz Hot water
Lemon wedge
Cinnamon stick

Mix everything...and enjoy!

:ROFLMAO::-o;-):zzz:

Last edited:
6oz hot/simmering water
3oz of bourbon (Buffalo Trace preferably)
2 dashes of angostura bitters
2tbsp of honey
1tbsp of maple syrup (can be anything but something a little thinner works best)
1 star of anise
1-2 clove
1 cinnamon stick to stir

If you want to get really fancy and impress a lady friend or just show off, take a lighter to the cinnamon stick until it catches flame then drop it into the drink.

I'll gladly pay 40.00 for a decent bourbon. But for 80.00, just give me 3 bottles of Jack.

I buy somewhere between 5 and 10 bottles a year above $100, but one my favorite things to is share them with friends and family. I'm not the wealthiest person in the world, but it's like Christmas morning when you have kids, that excitement they get makes it all worth it

Back