Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

15ish miles away. Dude was where he wasn't supposed to be... Plot's thicker than just the book cover, or so it seems.
I don't know about that. Sounds like it was just 2 miles away. That's easy running distance.

What we know about community where Ahmaud Arbery was shot: 911 caller reported 'black guy' on property

"Ahmaud Arbery was killed in a small, mostly-white coastal neighborhood about 2 miles away from the home family members say he shared with his mother."

In addition, article says no recent break ins reported. Local media reported there was one car burglary reported in the nearly 2 month span; not sure how they made this determination if not from a police report:

"The Glynn County Police Department said Thursday that it had no reports involving burglaries or home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. However, local media reported that one burglary, an automobile burglary, was reported to police in the Satilla Shores neighborhood during that time."

Last edited:
I'm guessing possible multiple entries to a construction site over a few months could be argued either way, but still would be likely trespassing, absent of any history of theft at the site.
The site owner apparently never reported anything, so seemingly wasn't too serious...he had video. Still, don't see anything that justifies losing a life.

The site owner apparently never reported anything, so seemingly wasn't too serious...he had video. Still, don't see anything that justifies losing a life.

Two days ago we all thought he was just out for a jog. Now there is video of him trespassing on multiple occasions. Nothing will likely come out that will justify him losing his life on the road like that, but I am going to call it likely determined to be involuntary manslaughter

Article for where the owner of the home under construction states he never had any thefts or issues with that property here.

The only burglary reported was a 9mm pistol out of an unlocked truck that was owned by one of the McMichaels.

The reason for thinking he was armed?
He'd "put his hands down his pants a night prior" according to the original police report (attached).

We can discuss all day that the shooting isn't racist because the McMichaels were not wearing white hoods or calling him slurs; but it's intellectually dishonest to say Arbery being black didnt play a role in him being perceived as a criminal threat.

Attachments

• full.pdf
    519.3 KB · Views: 5
Does the construction site video show a felony? Did the McMichaels witness a potential felony on the construction site?
That would be the justification for them to affect an arrest. They do not have powers to arrest on suspicion or for investigation - those are police powers. And of course the elder McMichael would understand that as an ex cop.

@ThunderHorse

You aren't going to win an arguement with an administrator, so I'd recommend you let it go.

You know exactly what I mean by it. You don't need to get all upset.

I'm just trying to help others learn what I had to learn <Mod-Delete> You won't win a disagreement with an administrator or moderator on this site, so don't engage in one.

I'm confused. If you believe that to be the case, then why are you doing it? That's rhetorical, don't bother answering.

Here's the bottom line, so I'm going to put it up front: a discussion about how the site staff is repressing you--or whatever--is not germane to this thread, and it's also highly unprofessional. You could have handled this with a PM to Thunder, if you really wanted to warn him; to me, if you really thought I was out of line; or to the site owner if you genuinely think that the staff is suppressing legitimate discussion on the site. But you didn't do any of those things. That to me indicates that you just want to cause problems, not be part of the solution.

So here is where we are now: if you want to continue this particular line of discussion, you can hit me up on PM. Heck, you can hit up the whole staff if you want. But if you post anything in this thread that isn't directly about the Ahmaud Arbery case, I'm going to delete it and ban you from this thread. I'm not going to allow another productive discussion about an important subject get derailed by emotion and unrelated petty grievances.

A few points of clarification:

-Reference your first post, I'm not an admin and haven't been for years.

-With regard to your second post, I think you are referring to an incident that involved you literally saying "Fuck you" publicly to an admin, who, by the way, was not me. Notwithstanding any of the other nuances of that discussion, there's no way that kind of behavior doesn't catch at least a temp ban.

-The above-mentioned incident occurred something like four years ago. I think it's time to let it go, bro.

-The admin with whom you had that exchange is permanently banned from the site, and you're still here. I'd say that's the clearest possible evidence that your hypothesis about arguing with the staff is erroneous.

-I don't recall "winning" or "losing" any arguments with you in the past, and up to this point don't remember ever having an issue with you, so I don't really get where this is coming from and why you're directing it at me.

-From a personal standpoint, I'm not in this to "win arguments." We all win if learning occurs. If people feel like they "lose" in discussions with me, it's because they lost on the merits, not because of my position as a staff member.

I suspect that you lashing out like this stems more from the points I'm raising in this thread than the frustration you experienced four years ago, from a member of the staff who has been banned for at least half that time. If my posts make you angry because they represent an opinion different than yours, so be it. But don't try to stir up trouble by attacking the staff.

This discussion is over unless you--or any other members who might feel similarly--want to take it to PM.

He lived nearby as in "both locations would be within a manpack nuclear fallout radius" not "both locations would be within a 120mm mortar blast radius".

15ish miles away. Dude was where he wasn't supposed to be... Plot's thicker than just the book cover, or so it seems.

Yeah it's all weird.

Tim Pool has been tracking it pretty objectively since the beginning

Interesting. This is the first I've heard about the distance between where he lived, and this neighborhood. Is there any word on how he was getting back and forth from a 20-mile round trip? Maybe he worked or studied nearby or something?

Chasing someone down over a minor violation (perceived or not) is the equivilent of getting out of your car during a road rage altercation. It will end in violence and someone going to jail or worse as in this case. No one wins and in the end the lawsuits and potential jail time won't feed your ego.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard about the distance between where he lived, and this neighborhood. Is there any word on how he was getting back and forth from a 20-mile round trip? Maybe he worked or studied nearby or something?

I haven't seen any info about where he actually lived from any source other than your Tim Pool/Candace Owens types, and they don't seem to be sharing anything offical.

@Blizzard shared an article where family members stated he was living with his mother in a home roughly two miles away.

Maybe he had a previous address and recently moved back with his mom? Might explain why there's a disconnect about where he lived.

I don't know who the YT guy is in the video @Florida173 posted but he's flat wrong with a number of facts.

Not sure where the 10+ mile idea comes from, but based on a 5 min. Google search of Arbery's mothers address (he lived with her) and the address on the police report (I won't post the addresses here but they're publicly available with a little searching) the distance stated in the USA Today article I posted earlier is correct. Arbery lived in the same town, Brunswick, approx. 2 miles from where the shooting occurred.

Using MapMyRun, I created a route that got me there in 1.54 miles, could possibly even be less depending on the amount of traffic on nearby roads.

Last edited:
I don't know who the YT guy is in the video @Florida173 posted but he's flat wrong with a number of facts.

Not sure where the 10+ mile idea comes from, but based on a 5 min. Google search of Arbery's mothers address (he lived with her) and the address on the police report (I won't post the addresses here but they're publicly available with a little searching) the distance stated in the USA Today article I posted earlier is correct. Arbery lived in the same town, Brunswick, approx. 2 miles from where the shooting occurred.

Using MapMyRun, I created a route that got me there in 1.54 miles, could possibly even be less depending on the amount of traffic on nearby roads.

If you don't know who Tim Pool is, maybe check his interviews with Joe Rogan. Former Vice journalist and famous for covering some of the occupy wall street stuff back in the day. Red pilled a bit on the far left progressive stuff, but I would consider him pretty center-left.

All the distance stuff is just to push against the original narrative that he was just out for a jog. I'm definitely on the side that he probably wasn't based on wearing loose cargo shorts, walking up to the construction site, and then sprinting away after he was originally confronted.

If you don't know who Tim Pool is, maybe check his interviews with Joe Rogan. Former Vice journalist and famous for covering some of the occupy wall street stuff back in the day. Red pilled a bit on the far left progressive stuff, but I would consider him pretty center-left.
No dig on you but if that's his actual job, the dude is a real shitty fucking reporter because, like I said, it took me maybe 5 min to actually confirm the fact that Arbery lived within 2 miles of the shooting site.

Last edited:
All the distance stuff is just to push against the original narrative that he was just out for a jog. I'm definitely on the side that he probably wasn't based on wearing loose cargo shorts, walking up to the construction site, and then sprinting away after he was originally confronted.
I'm not sure what the guy was doing. It will be interesting to see what evidence and arguments are presented.

Here's a map of the general area, again, if you want to know to specifics, you can research them but if you zoom out a little, I'll say Arbery's mom's house is near the Dairy Queen:
Google Maps

Several things worth noting:
1. Arbery was only wearing was a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes; attire consistent with running/jogging
2. It's apparent he got to the neighborhood on foot; there are no reports of him driving anywhere, parking, then going for a run
3. For the two months prior to the shooting, the only reported theft was from a car, interestingly enough, owned by McMichael; no other break ins, etc.
4. On the neighbors surveillance video the day of the shooting, he approaches the construction site from the North, which makes sense if coming from his mom's house
5. On the neighbors surveillance video the day of the shooting, he stops briefly and stands in the middle of the front yard before casually entering the site; why?
6. On the neighbors surveillance video the day of the shooting, when he leaves the construction site, he continues South as though continuing on his initial route; he's not running back towards home - on the map above, you'll see the neighborhood is essentially a loop
7. On the construction site videos (he seems to have entered a few times over the course of a few months), he only looks around a little. He doesn't appear to fully enter rooms; he's just checking it out. He doesn't even touch anything - he's never there long, just a few minutes

Last edited:
Back