Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

^ One more thing

8. Keep in mind that construction site surveillance video that was released contains only a few seconds of footage. Arbrey was on site for at least a few minutes on the day of the shooting. Unknown how long he as on site on other occasions. So, video needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

If you don't know who Tim Pool is, maybe check his interviews with Joe Rogan. Former Vice journalist and famous for covering some of the occupy wall street stuff back in the day. Red pilled a bit on the far left progressive stuff, but I would consider him pretty center-left.

All the distance stuff is just to push against the original narrative that he was just out for a jog. I'm definitely on the side that he probably wasn't based on wearing loose cargo shorts, walking up to the construction site, and then sprinting away after he was originally confronted.

So what am I supposed to do about the dudes in the gym squatting in wranglers and work boots? ;-)

So what am I supposed to do about the dudes in the gym squatting in wranglers and work boots? ;-)

so-anyway-i-c57503dc93.png

We can discuss all day that the shooting isn't racist because the McMichaels were not wearing white hoods or calling him slurs; but it's intellectually dishonest to say Arbery being black didnt play a role in him being perceived as a criminal threat.

I keep going back to this quote. I think BETTER WORDING MAY BE IN STORE HERE. Maybe IN MY HONEST OPINION it's "intellectually dishonest" instead of calling, basically, anyone who posts after you and doesn't agree with you a moron and a racist. Follow me?

I don't know you and you don't know me. My wife's callsign is "Negra". If your'e on my property unnanounced, uninvited and illegally, I am going to put you on your face (until the police arrive) whether you are black, brown, blue, or green. PUNTO. Be that property / house / building under construction or after having broken into my home and running the down the road and I have a variety of calibers to choose from. My wife, the Colonel, will have a gun in one hand and the phone in the other.

Your last meme wasn't funny, IMHO. ;-)

Article for where the owner of the home under construction states he never had any thefts or issues with that property here.

The only burglary reported was a 9mm pistol out of an unlocked truck that was owned by one of the McMichaels.

The reason for thinking he was armed?
He'd "put his hands down his pants a night prior" according to the original police report (attached).

We can discuss all day that the shooting isn't racist because the McMichaels were not wearing white hoods or calling him slurs; but it's intellectually dishonest to say Arbery being black didnt play a role in him being perceived as a criminal threat.

I'd love to know why "it's intellectually dishonest to say Arbery being black didnt play a role in him being perceived as a criminal threat." What makes it intellectually dishonest specifically? I think people who are saying this is racism are suffering from a victim mentality.

What I think this is, is a tragedy, and two guys likely deserve to be behind bars, but let's stop acting like anytime a white guy kills a black guy it's because of racism.

I keep going back to this quote. I think BETTER WORDING MAY BE IN STORE HERE. Maybe IN MY HONEST OPINION it's "intellectually dishonest" instead of calling, basically, anyone who posts after you and doesn't agree with you a moron and a racist. Follow me?

I don't know you and you don't know me. My wife's callsign is "Negra". If your'e on my property unnanounced, uninvited and illegally, I am going to put you on your face (until the police arrive) whether you are black, brown, blue, or green. PUNTO. Be that property / house / building under construction or after having broken into my home and running the down the road and I have a variety of calibers to choose from. My wife, the Colonel, will have a gun in one hand and the phone in the other.

Your last meme wasn't funny, IMHO. ;-)

My point is that even disregarding actual racist intent, black people are seen as Larger/more threatening, Older/more likely to be guilty, and more violent(older study) than other races.

Does this mean the shooting was done by two racist men? No.

Am I saying that it likely played a factor in what happened? Absolutely.

So to be clearer:

I an of the firm opinion that a likely factor of Arbery being perceived as a threat was due to him being a black man.

That does not turn this into a race-based shooting, merely states that race plays a greater than zero role in this.

I don't think people who disagree with me are racist or stupid; I do think that they may be uninformed or just opposed to/disagreeing with the basis of the studies.

If it's being uninformed; cool, here's some studies and we can dive into it.

If its opposed/disagreeing; cool, we wont see eye to eye but I'm not here to insult you or shit on your opinions.

Does this mean the shooting was done by two racist men? No.

Am I saying that it likely played a factor in what happened? Absolutely.

I an of the firm opinion that a likely factor of Arbery being perceived as a threat was due to him being a black man.

That does not turn this into a race-based shooting, merely states that race plays a greater than zero role in this.

I don't follow. If race played a factor in the shooting then how are the guys not racist and how is this not race-based?

Now that it's coming out that the site owner was told to contact the father/son duo when suspicious activity happens again, it should shake some serious things up for the police. What kind of police force specifically tells a citizen to contact someone else to do their vigilantism? Absolutely insane.

Now that it's coming out that the site owner was told to contact the father/son duo when suspicious activity happens again, it should shake some serious things up for the police. What kind of police force specifically tells a citizen to contact someone else to do their vigilantism? Absolutely insane.

My understanding of Warren v. DC makes it pretty clear that we are the ones who are primarily responsible for our own safety and security. The police have no duty to protect. You can see it in Warren, and in the case of the Florida cop who was reinstated--with back pay--after getting fired for not intervening in the Parkland school shooting. If the people--any people--can't count on the police, they'll either taken matters into their own hands, or turn to someone who will.

The above is a general observation but may have some bearing in this situation as well.

@Cookie_ You made all my points...and....then....counterpoints... :sneaky: -
especially after attempting to turn this thread into a racist "gotcha" (especially after your last meme) I'm still trying to figure out what you said - and then didn't say.

"I do think that they may be uninformed or just opposed to/disagreeing with the basis of the studies. " Good One. I think there's an insult buried in there somewhere. Stay in school.

I'm not shitting on your opinion. I'm shitting on your ability to express your opinion concisely. IMHO

I think the guy was a dumb-ass, didn't look like he was stealing, but also too dumb to realize you don't enter someone else's property unannounced, un-invited. :rolleyes: This all could have been settled a lot easier if Ol' Cletus actually had some decent training and butt stroked this kid when he charged at him, rather than blow his guts out.

I'm nobody, but I see this as a clear manslaughter case with all the evidence needed for a conviction.

Back