Another protest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Police are humans. I don't expect them to be right all the time, but to think they are is foolish. It just isn't possible. Just like there are bad applies in the military, the reality is there are a few bad applies with badges. It wasn't meant to be a jab at those who walk the line, but rather a realistic comment. No matter how hard you and the majority of your brothers and sisters try, you all will not always get it right.

Jesus man it is a meme. Nazi's advocate for the extermination of races of people. We fought a war against them. Even I can see the humor in this meme.

Fucking A, this site gets lamer and lamer every goddamn day.

So when you or others get called on supporting something reprehensible, it's just a joke and people collectively should accept it?

In other news, here's how this shitshow all started
15028449615.png

So when the legally assembled idiots were told (illegally) by the mayor that they were to disperse... after being peaceful the whole time... they were greeted at 2 choke points with the likes of this:

So who's the aggressor in this situation, hmm?

Oh wait, all the bats are just jokes.

Last edited:
It is a fucking meme. Lighten up.

You need a 30 round magazine to murder Americans who are exercising their Constitutional rights?

But it's acceptable to meet and silence fascism with violence! They were calling for violence, so why not? /sarc

Or is it? That's been the prevailing logic I've heard from several people who are otherwise rational people.

"It's okay to punch a Nazi."
"Displaying the Swastika is a call to violence. Therefore, it's self-defense."
"They aren't protected by the First Amendment, because they're inciting violence. Antifa/counter protesters/progressives are justified in beating them with rocks, sticks, Molotov cocktails, or whatever they have on hand."

Any of this sound familiar?

But it's acceptable to meet and silence fascism with violence! They were calling for violence, so why not? /sarc

Or is it? That's been the prevailing logic I've heard from several people who are otherwise rational people.

"It's okay to punch a Nazi."
"Displaying the Swastika is a call to violence. Therefore, it's self-defense."
"They aren't protected by the First Amendment, because they're inciting violence. Antifa/counter protesters/progressives are justified in beating them with rocks, sticks, Molotov cocktails, or whatever they have on hand."

Any of this sound familiar?

Not to me. Have you seen or heard me say that?

So when you or others get called on supporting something reprehensible, it's just a joke and people collectively should accept it?

View attachment 19406

So when the legally assembled idiots were told (illegally) by the mayor that they were to disperse... after being peaceful the whole time... they were greeted at 2 choke points with the likes of this:

View attachment 19406

Called on supporting something reprehensible? Example?

Not to me. Have you seen or heard me say that?

Unless you've legally changed your name to "Several People," then no. I haven't seen or hear you say that. However, I have a rather large number of left leaning friends and acquaintances, and I have definitely heard the logic in person as well as seen it typed out for the ether to hold for posterity. If you haven't heard it or read it in your circle of friends, then you've spent the right amount of time watching kitten videos on Facebook. Good for you.

Meanwhile, I'm going to finish watching the Jimmy Buffett concert live stream. Helluva lot better than this botched abortion.

Unless you've legally changed your name to "Several People," then no. I haven't seen or hear you say that. However, I have a rather large number of left leaning friends and acquaintances, and I have definitely heard the logic in person as well as seen it typed out for the ether to hold for posterity. If you haven't heard it or read it in your circle of friends, then you've spent the right amount of time watching kitten videos on Facebook. Good for you.

Meanwhile, I'm going to finish watching the Jimmy Buffett concert live stream. Helluva lot better than this botched abortion.

Sorry I'm having multiple arguments, some of which are personally directed. Apologize for the confusion.

then you've spent the right amount of time watching kitten videos on Facebook

Speaking of kitten videos on the internet....

giphy.gif

Okay, back to anger, frustration, and all that stuff....

That video that was shown as him being attacked, we don't know the context. Maybe he was saying some inflammatory shit out his window, maybe that bat(if we know that is what was swung) didn't connect. You honestly can't tell when he started accelerating in relation to the swing.

Inflammatory speech doesn't give someone the right to attack another person. Threatening comments could open the door for a self-defense claim, but hate speech is protected. I think it is disgusting, but hate speech is legally protected.

He could drive through the crowd dropping dozens of n-bombs and become the "victim" when attacked. I see little difference here than with that assclown George Zimmerman. Here's a turd who IMO provoked the situation and then killed a man, all within the legal confines of FL law. For better or worse, being a shithead in America is legally protected. Until someone can prove that guy's intent, he is innocent. Both sides like to bring up that last bit until it doesn't suit their belief system or narrative, but we're in America and that's how it works.

I'm not lecturing you, just pointing out a few things that are generally lost in this whole abortion of a story. Once again we've split along political lines and little things like the law and truth are irrelevant. Disgusting.

You defended a meme with direct implication of murdering american citizens. Variable definitions within the leftist agenda can be confusing, even for the indoctrinated, it seems.

Oh come the fuck on. I called it a meme. It is a joke. Despite my liberal tendencies even I can take a joke.

I do like that you have shifted from whatever it was you were arguing in regards to the actual topic, to only whatever I am posting. I can handle some personal attacks on my "white guilt".

What I would love is for you to continue your earlier position in light of the video I posted earlier. Tell me this was somehow self defense. Explain to the membership how a man accelerating down an unblocked unchallenged street is somehow within his rights and his only COA.

Someone supposedly said, in the age of the Internet there are no winners and no losers, only casualties...

I so agree with this. Without an internet, the average person would go on with their day thinking about the things they think about.
They would come home from work, watch those 'crazy protesters' in Virginia on the 6 o'clock news, and then read a story about it in the paper the next day.
On Friday, New Week or Time would come out and they'd get a deep dive into what is going on while they waited for their haircuts.

Without an internet, the average person would not feel so tied to what is happening every moment of every day. My mom recently retired and now she 'surfs' all day long, she is a nervous wreck and never used to be.

There are times I miss depending on Tom Brokaw for my news, and the days when 20/20 and 60 minutes being must see TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back