Army Extends Basic Training

• Thread starter Boondocksaint375
  • Start date
It will come around again... Once they realise the quality is going to be the shits, they will change the system once again.

I hope so but I honestly don't think the "people" will let us "punish" their kids even though they volunteered to be in the Military. These are the same people that don't want us fighting a war. And I'm talking about on both sides of the border.

I think the basic I seen in Canada was tougher than described in the US.

I think all basics now days, with the possible exception of the UK are soft and pathetic compared to mine and mine wasn't tough compared to some at the time.

I'm a dinosaur now, my time passed a long time ago....

I should've been born 15 years earlier at the latest, preferably 100 years before.

This brings back a thought I had the other day. The faults of todays society and it's offspring. Up until recently the majority of western society has not had to live through or have their children born into a life of fear or war. Just a thought I had.

As for the vid msteen1 posted... fuck that! it's fucking BS! We've gone over it before I know but it pisses me off!
The terrorists aren't getting softer and gentler on their basic training recruits!

Wake the fuck up you PC assholes!

I think one of the problems is that people don't understand how Army basic works. While some of it may be getting softer, I don't agree that it is all going soft - based on my conversations with that recently went recently graduated soldiers. You really can't expect basic for a pencil pusher to be tough. Infantry basic is known for being "tougher" than the other Army MOS's for obvious reason - not to mention that it isn't coed. We don't just have one or two places in the US that conduct basic training; we have quite a few that operate differently and have different standards.

Yeah I should have added that to my post, that soft cock basic is not for Inf etc...

Well, up here, everyone is common in basic. doesn't matter if you are an Airforce Cook, a Navy poopdeck swabber, or an Infanteer. And thats why we have a huge problem with people releasing once they hit their Infantry course.
People get the impression that Basic, or Boot will be the hardest thing they will ever do. It's not. If you are in the combat arms, in Canada, the course after Basic, is where you will feel the pain.

I like the way the Brit Paras and Royal Marines conduct their own training from basic on.

Good concept and gives the units exactly what they need, not to mention its proven to supply troops second to none.

I like the way the Brit Paras and Royal Marines conduct their own training from basic on.

Good concept and gives the units exactly what they need, not to mention its proven to supply troops second to none.

I agree.... I guess it comes down to reasources....

Irish Armies Basic is 16 weeks....... then you have your 3* course which is another 10 weeks.. Every one in the Army goes through one Recruit Training Sylabus..no matter what MOS you end up in.. Navy and Air Corp would be slightly different.

In my opinion the quality of kids joining is the Core problem and I think Pete and Pardus mentioned this..My sister told me today that her boyfriends two brothers bottled it and bought themselves out of Recruits..

I've seen it as well when I have trained Troops..

The royal Marines have the longest I believe.... When i went through ours, its was 11 weeks of Basic, followed by 17 weeks of Infantry Battleschool. It is different now, Troops go through Basic, then if you are in the Army (regardless of trade), you do a Soldier Qualification course which teaches you the basic, if defensive and some offensive ops, then you go on to what ever trade you have choosen for an additional course.

I think that the Soldier Qualification up here is a step in the right direction, given that direct support trades like myself will be put in situations on the front and on patrols. I know of situations where Signallers have refused to go on patrols outside the wire in Afghanistan, leaving it up to only a handful. And some of those that did go on patrol had changed trades from being combat arms, mostly former Infantry. In the old days, the fuckers that refused would have been forced out or shot. Instead the sit in camp and play Xbox.

I know of situations where Signallers have refused to go on patrols outside the wire in Afghanistan, leaving it up to only a handful. And some of those that did go on patrol had changed trades from being combat arms, mostly former Infantry. In the old days, the fuckers that refused would have been forced out or shot. Instead the sit in camp and play Xbox.

Thats disgracful.

I have zero tolerance for that kind of BS.

I'm trying to get over to A-Stan for a 3rd time.... Back of the line they say...>:{

Back