Army to Recommend MultiCam for Entire Force

Give'em all to your local 3rd world nations army. win-win.

And then lets all go throw eggs at BG James Moran's house! yeah!

The Army does have a program to give a lot of equipment to local law enforcement. Not sure of the name but everything from uniforms to weapons to M113s are provided for law enforcement.

I'm with you get ride of it! There will probably be celebrations in the form of ACU bonfires when the Multi-cam is issued!

This is a slippery slope that won't end well for my attempt at justifying the Navy's choice. Regardless, I have an obligation to answer your inquiry.

Not at all, that was very enlightening, Thank you.

I agree, but the money spent on ACU shit needs to give some return.
The amount of money spent making ACU packs, etc is huge; we now will spend the same money making MC packs, etc.
I would support a quicker transition if the Army would just go with a solid color for gear (FDE for example).
I also think recruits and AIT Soldiers can get by with ACU, let them get MC when they report to their first "no-shit" duty station, but that can't fly as someone's feelings would be hurt :(

Remember every person that has deployed to A'stan has been issued a new MC ruck and web gear etc... That is all still sitting somewhere.

And then lets all go throw eggs at BG James Moran's house! yeah!

He's the prick responsible for ACU?

I don't even know what to do with myself. There is so much common sense flowing that it just blows me away....

I will be happy with either of the two specified options. Obviously option 2 gives a bit more flexibility, but going with option 1 is fine with me as well. I would be comfortable wearing multicam just about anywhere besied an arctic/snow covered region, in which case I would probably be wearing some combination from the grey PCU system anyway.
Agree, also, being a former arctic paratrooper, in snow covered regions you were a light outer shell called "over-whites" They work great and are cheap.
Reed

This ties in with Lindy's post here where one of the top reasons cited that US troops were wounded is lack of concealment. It's hard to hide in cook whites.

There's a soldier on The Price is Right wearing Multicam, he looks sharp. But I thought it was just authorized for Afghanistan.

Sometimes there's a "time limit," like, "30 days after returning CONUS..." Or maybe the guy just didn't want to wear a uniform that made him look like a clown ;)

Does the new camo being called Syrian bother anyone but me?

It does and not 100% why its called that. But based on what I've read it's actually based on a German marsh desgin from the 1950s.

Sometimes there's a "time limit," like, "30 days after returning CONUS..." Or maybe the guy just didn't want to wear a uniform that made him look like a clown ;)

And roger sir.....during the Intrinsic Action days we wore our DCUs for a little while after we returned. I don't remember how long though.

http://www.stripes.com/news/army/the-military-s-misadventures-in-pixelated-camouflage-1.182240

This article from Stars and Stripes gets a little more technical on the selection process. Towards the end of the article they discuss a pattern that did even better that Multi-cam called the "Syria" print.

I can't help but wonder how much was spent on the "process" itself.

The "Syrian" pattern is an an old German WWII pattern. (BTW it tested better than UCP/ACU not OCP/multicam)

IIRC the Army earmarked 10 million for the testing phase.

I think the British Denison smock camo is hard to beat...

Denison smock, 2nd pattern..jpegDenison smock, 2nd pattern. reverse..jpegDenison-ape-tail..jpeg

Back