Army to Recommend MultiCam for Entire Force

If the choice is not MultiCam, then I'm just going to laugh and say "yeah, roger, you guys are really concerned about money and sequestration"

It is stuff like this that half tempts me to run for congressional office, just so I can call one of these ass hats to a hearing, put them under oath, on CSPAN, and ask them "what in the hell are you thinking?".

Also, Gen. Moran (signed off on ACU's when he was in charge of PEO soldier) should be brought up on criminal charges.

Also, the stupidity is not just in the Army, some folks in charge of the USMC recently told congress that there is no point in cutting the weight of gear because the grunts will just replace that weight with more food and water. Are you fuckin' kidding me? You carry what you need to carry for food and water. If my gear weighs less, I'm not going to say "gee, lets throw 3 more blue berry poptarts on my kit and add an extra camel bak".

If the choice is not MultiCam, then I'm just going to laugh and say "yeah, roger, you guys are really concerned about money and sequestration"

It is stuff like this that half tempts me to run for congressional office, just so I can call one of these ass hats to a hearing, put them under oath, on CSPAN, and ask them "what in the hell are you thinking?".

Also, Gen. Moran (signed off on ACU's when he was in charge of PEO soldier) should be brought up on criminal charges.

Also, the stupidity is not just in the Army, some folks in charge of the USMC recently told congress that there is no point in cutting the weight of gear because the grunts will just replace that weight with more food and water. Are you fuckin' kidding me? You carry what you need to carry for food and water. If my gear weighs less, I'm not going to say "gee, lets throw 3 more blue berry poptarts on my kit and add an extra camel bak".
http://terminallance.com/2012/08/24/terminal-lance-220-issued/
Reed

There's no sense in spending gov't money on R&D when the cream has already risen to the top in the civilian market.

I haven't seen it online yet. But the hard copy Army Times on page 16 is reporting "NEW CAMO COMING: Woodland, Desert and Transitional.

That has certainly made me re-think things.

Me too Brother.

I have been rather cavalier with the wear, or lack thereof, of more restrictive armor and usually wore little more than a medium plate carrier and a cutout helmet. However after getting my "junk" rearranged and dealing with the emotional and physical pain of that I assure you the PUGs (Protective Under Garments) are more than worth the little bit of discomfort they cause from friction from time to time...

Something to think about for you guys who have them but dont wear them...

The need a solid color for gear, something that doesn't become obsolete when we get a uniform change. FDE would be my choice.
FDE is good but it's not a universal color. It's not too effective in a green landscape, Jungle/Europe etc... I've done field testing in the past, and found Khaki is the best choice for a one color for all concept. A mix of brown and green.

Pardus and I have had this discussion before. I agree that some shade of brown would be the best bet. Hell, I'd argue that if we picked the right color we could use it for the uniform too.

I guess PCIs and PCCs are a thing of the past? Probably to "old-school" for the new generations... :-/

I don't understand how that relates to what I said?

It wasn't a slam on you, but on the quote. If they think Marines are going to take stuff they don't need, PCIs and PCCs should solve that problem.

Having good pockets is really an asset. Anyone who's worn Crye, Dry Fire, or Patagonia uniforms knows this. When (like in combat) you have to carry all kinds of little shit that doesn't necessarily warrant a pouch, good pocket design really comes through. The same is true for material. The army issue stuff is terrible against your skin in hot weather- Crye and Patagonia stuff can be worn without an underdshirt/underwear no problem.

I'd take a uniform with a lesser camo pattern with well designed pockets and good material over a great camo pattern with shitty pockets or bad material.

Having good pockets is really an asset. Anyone who's worn Crye, Dry Fire, or Patagonia uniforms knows this. When (like in combat) you have to carry all kinds of little shit that doesn't necessarily warrant a pouch, good pocket design really comes through. The same is true for material. The army issue stuff is terrible against your skin in hot weather- Crye and Patagonia stuff can be worn without an underdshirt/underwear no problem.

I'd take a uniform with a lesser camo pattern with well designed pockets and good material over a great camo pattern with shitty pockets or bad material.

My old NZ Army uniform was 100% cotton IIRC, no t-shirt underneath the shirt, very comfy, very rugged.
Hell I still have OD shirts in great condition that I was issued in 1989.

The Crye Precision uniform was so F'ing comfortable I would have worn it for pajamas at home. I thought having material that came up in the back with a mesh gusset for breathability was the most genius thing I had ever seen in my life.

WTF, we're doing this AGAIN?? We're looking at cutting health care and other benefits for servicemembers and we're going to drop how many BILLIONS of dollars on yet ANOTHER cammo pattern?

I feel a letter to my congressman coming on...

THAT will certainly get their attention... "Criminy! A citizen wrote me a letter! Let me stop my fundraising and reflect on the leadership failure I am actively embracing!!"

Back