Back to the Shadows NSW??

In the context of the narrative though, he does say that because he thinks they were taken down with SAMs. So it's not some random out of context comment but one- which I personally don't agree with since an Iraqi farmer can take down an Apache so RPGs shouldn't be discounted against Chinooks- he believes based on...I dunno, stuff he's seen or heard.

Get your Navy SEAL Coffee: Trident Coffee
The trident in this case is Naval not NSW. It doesn’t mention NSW anywhere. The owners attended the Naval Academy. One was a civil engineer and the other was a logistics officer in the Marines.

Victory Coffees - Our-Story
Victory coffee is founded by a Navy SEAL but the focus appears to be on the coffee and not the SEAL. That’s the way it should be. This is why I don’t have a problem with Jocko Wilink’s books. He has a great story from his time in Iraq, he doesn’t use a ghost writer, and his books focus on his leadership philosophy. You don’t read his books because he is a Navy SEAL; you read Jocko’s book because you are interested in what a respected combat leader, who happens to be a SEAL, has to say. He doesn’t reveal TTPs or exaggerate exploits to sell paperbacks. Not that he needs to, TF Bruiser did some amazing things in Ramadi.

Interesting that none of the three founders of Trident Coffee were SEALs or NSW types. Sort of regular guys in the Navy. A Seabee Officer, Navy Logistics, and a local civilian. However, the implication is the same. I immediately drew the connection from Ryan Williams instagram, former co-founder of Forged.

Interesting that none of the three founders of Trident Coffee were SEALs or NSW types. Sort of regular guys in the Navy. A Seabee Officer, Navy Logistics, and a local civilian. However, the implication is the same. I immediately drew the connection from Ryan Williams instagram, former co-founder of Forged.

The 'trident' is an old-school Navy thing that was co-opted by NSW as the catchy name of their breast insignia. Over the past couple decades is indistinguishable, one-and-the-same, so yeah, the implication is there, even if the intent is not.

[QUOTE="SpitfireV, post: 492018, member: 51"... so RPGs shouldn't be discounted against Chinooks- he believes based on...I dunno, stuff he's seen or heard.[/QUOTE]

Except that a MANPAD and RPG have different flight characteristics. I don't recall eyewitnesses claiming either TURBINE 33 or EXTORTION 17 were hit by anything other than an RPG. To say that an RPG can't shoot down a Chinook without dipping into a large bucket of luck is utter madness.

I thought the article was solid until the Chinook portion. That doesn't mean the other info is wrong, but it detracts from the message.

I extremely disagree, with the way branding of SEALs chasing the monetization of tridents, this is a piggy back.

Sure, may be, probably is, my point is the Trident has been around the Navy a helluva lot longer than NSW, and it's no more NSW's thing than any other sailor. I agree re: piggy-backing on the intent. But I don't fault them any more than a SEAL doing the same thing.

Sure, may be, probably is, my point is the Trident has been around the Navy a helluva lot longer than NSW, and it's no more NSW's thing than any other sailor. I agree re: piggy-backing on the intent. But I don't fault them any more than a SEAL doing the same thing.
The founders are all Naval Academy graduates and the trident has long been associated with sea power. It features prominently in a great number of naval logos and insignia. The logo for ESG 3, for example, is basically just a giant trident. 0889C103-C0A8-4FA0-BD58-B9B10A6A70DE.jpeg

The founders are all Naval Academy graduates and the trident has long been associated with sea power. It features prominently in a great number of naval logos and insignia.... basically just a giant trident.

Sure, which is why I had made the comment that it's been around a lot longer than NSWs co-opting the term. While you know that, and I know that, and anyone else associated with the Navy knows that, the populace will just believe it has something to do with NSW. The whole guilt by association thing. Which is very unfortunate; my Navy is defined by "Damn the torpedoes...." and "I have not yet begun to fight," but the population sees "Rogue Warrior" and "SEAL Team" on CBS.

Back