Back to the Shadows NSW??

Let’s be honest: that’s fucked up leadership at McDill to decertify the ENTIRE SEAL platoon. Sure some platoon leaders/members are jacked but the ENTIRE unit cannot execute its combat mission? When has a unit suffered because of individuals’ actions?

My crystal ball shows a sudden influx of 19th and 20th Groupers with tridents within the next few years!

Let’s be honest: that’s fucked up leadership at McDill to decertify the ENTIRE SEAL platoon. Sure some platoon leaders/members are jacked but the ENTIRE unit cannot execute its combat mission? When has a unit suffered because of individuals’ actions?

My crystal ball shows a sudden influx of 19th and 20th Groupers with tridents within the next few years!
No different then decertifying an ODA.

A GO #1 violation for drinking got them sent home early? My money is on there being a LOT more to this story than a little casual alcohol consumption. I’m calling shenanigans.
One of the articles said there was also sexual misconduct with service members. Wouldn’t surprise me if that started this whole chain of events.

No different then decertifying an ODA.

I thought a SEAL platoon was equal to a SF Company; 6 12-man teams and an ODB.

Nope: just 19.

Foxtrot Platoon — including 19 SEALs and four support troops — was in Kuwait on Thursday, en route to Seal Team 7’s base at Naval Base Coronado near San Diego. The unit was not immediately replaced in Iraq, increasing the burdens on other American troops there, but the Navy said in a statement that “the loss of confidence in this case outweighed potential operational risk” from their absence.

Last edited:
The statement did not say what led to the decision, but a defense official with knowledge of the situation said that a female servicemember working with their platoon reported being sexually assaulted by one of the SEALs during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the situation, said the report triggered scrutiny of the platoon, including drinking while deployed.

Alcohol consumption as a contributing cause to a sexual assault... who knew?

The SEALs declined to cooperate with investigators, prompting Hill to send them home for both that and the alcohol use, the official said.

That's a bold move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.

Sexual assault report led to investigation of Navy SEAL team kicked out of Iraq for drinking alcohol, officials say

I am curious on how many potential candidates have decided to go elsewhere because of all of these recent incidents. You have to know when SOCOM blasts this stuff on Twitter then someone up high is sick of recurrent unprofessional behavior of some of the guys in NSW.

It just keeps stacking up and who knows where it'll go. Time to snort some more blow in Little Creek and wait for the coke-dust to clear.

A portion of General Clarke's testimony to the House Armed Services Committee:

"...In the recent past, members of our SOF units have been accused of violating that trust and failing to meet our high standards of ethical conduct this command demands. The overwhelming majority of our teammates continue to serve with honor and distinction as our ethos demands, and anything less than 100% is unacceptable. We understand that criminal misconduct erodes the very trust that enables our success. We continue our efforts to inculcate and reinforce our core values. Toward this end, USSOCOM provided input to a report the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Special Operations/Low Intensity Conflict (ASD/SOLIC) submitted to Congress on a comprehensive review of our ethics and professionalism programs, as directed by the Fiscal Year 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). We also just completed a USSOCOM-wide directed 90-day review of our core values and their role in the SOF culture. The results are currently being analyzed for review and consideration for any follow-on actions. You have my commitment that we will hold members of our SOF enterprise accountable to our ethical, moral, and discipline standards, and preserving the trust America has in its SOF...."

I can't think of many direct-action ground SOF units that haven't had some kind of scandal over the years. There was the SF guy who got busted bringing a shitload of cocaine into the US a few years back, and who can forget the time many years ago when a handful of Rangers robbed a freakin' bank.

But damn if it doesn't seem like the SEALs have disproportionately more catastrophic public fuckups than any other SOF unit.

I understand where you're coming from on the fake allegations, it happens far too often. But one of the best defenses against allegations of wrongdoing, is... to not do anything wrong. That won't shield you from people who just make stuff up (see also Brett Kavanaugh) but it will keep you from getting hemmed up over stuff you DID do..

The sexual assault allegation involves a "senior NCO" on the team. You can't simply ignore something like that. Then when the investigation started, the drinking thing (and probably a whole lot of other stuff we'll hear about later) came to light. Then, apparently, EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM decided to take the 5th rather than cooperate with the investigation. That's sketchy as hell, and indicates some major problems going on in that unit.

What would you do, as the commander, in that situation? I would have brought them all home too, before someone gets, you know, murdered.

...maybe they will have another "I am Spartacus" surprise like the end of the Eddie Gallagher trial.

Sir, it was ME that drank booze and assaulted that woman
No sir, it was ME
No, I raped that woman after violating general order #1
Sir, I saw that the girl was in danger, so I sexually assaulted her by myself to keep the whole platoon out of her drawers
Master Chief, I cannot tell a lie - it was me that drank all that booze and grabbed that female in an inappropriate matter

In a social environment where people KNOW that the ethics police are hiding under every rock waiting to report you - why do people continue to jump up and down on their dick with flaming golf shoes.
Did the command go "full retard" by posting this on Twitter?
Some would say yes.
Did the command commit the alleged behavior or did the platoon mates misbehave?

Now, because a few jackasses decided to play fuck-fuck games, the rest of us are going to be kept busy preparing slides for all of these fucking "Ethics Panels" and "professionalism Working Groups" that we keep having to do.

Taking the 5th is another way of saying "fuck you I did it - but fuck you anyway"
You cant get pissed off about the commander losing his mind when you show up for formation wearing a pair of clown shoes.

I understand why the command went public with Twitter, above-the-fold stories in the Navy Times, put out in email, and via interoffice memo. Anything less would cast a shadow of trying to sweep it under the rug even if that's not true. I understand it, but I don't necessarily agree with it.

"The message is clear. There will be no due process. The "victim" is always to be believed. The accused is forever fucked, while the accuser is forever protected from anything that might be contorted to be argued as retaliation."

This is so true, flash back to Iraq 2007....we (CID) investigated a sexual assault, investigation cleared the suspect and we had proof of the victim lying about the offense, we opened a case on the victim in the system late one night....CID BN called us first thing in the morning and advised the case would not be opened and to drop it. Half our detachment were reservist and full time LEO's in the civilian world...we went off on our AD SAC and caused a pretty big stink...CID BN Commander flew down to us and had a talk....command was a little concerned.

Basically the unwritten rule was, there will be no criminal action on any victim that falsely claims being sexually assaulted (OCONUS), just quietly send them home.

Last edited:
Back